Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Default Round 22: Gold Coast Titans vs Parramatta Eels 2019

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

Even Brennan wasn’t stupid enough to have 2 backs on the bench. A fullback, and a winger, whats that about honestly? If they want Brenko in the team then get rid of Arthars.
    Also our 2 halves both might not be here next year. Why not give Tanah a run?
    Last edited by Titslover; 13-08-19 at 04:49 PM.

Rep Player

I think Gordon will start at fullback, AJ into the halves and Peachey back to the bench to be used in the forward rotation.

Inactive User

I think our team on Friday night will be a fair bit different to the 1-17 named today.
    Got some feedback today on Taylor’s performance in QCup and unfortunately it was the same old story.

He made his tackles but in attack he was in and out of the game. He didn’t go looking for it.

I just don’t think that’s ever going to change now that he’s going on 25. The horse has bolted, he will never be a dominant halfback that leads his team around the paddock.

Peats might get a run off the bench tonight. Don still on the extended bench in case one of our two spares don't make the final 17?!?!?!

Inactive User

That’s right we actually have a game tonight
    Bloody 6pm kick off
    Stressful afternoon ahead in order to get there on time

Im so sick of losing...god I wish our blokes have a dig for us

It’s not right what we go through

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I just don’t think that’s ever going to change now that he’s going on 25. The horse has bolted, he will never be a dominant halfback that leads his team around the paddock.
    This was my point months ago. No one could ever decide what they wanted Ash to be. They wanted him to be everything.
    When he started he was always second fiddle to Tyrone, but when we got on to the 20m zone he would step up with his short kicking and running game. And he was amazing!
    Then his second year we chopped and changed with Tyrone and Kane and his role got muddled.
    Then we got Garth and he constantly made contradictory statements about Ash and what his role was.
    I have always said hat first we need to establish what sort of half Ash was, then find someone who can complement that. I do t see him as a strong organising half back. He has a running game and short kicking game, both which have been lost with the weight of organising the team.
    But I digress.....
    I’m going to the game tonight, I think my first game this year.
    Let’s go boys!

Agreed but I think he could be a very good player at 5/8 with a 7 like Blake Green to do the organising.

Inactive User

Our final 17 is bizarre
    Peats starting at lock, one prop on the bench and 2 backs on the bench

Can only assume there’s going to be a lot of shuffling of positions tonight as players interchange on and off

PS please tell me Wallace has not withdrawn because his Mrs had a baby
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 16-08-19 at 04:19 PM.

Just announced it at the game and that’s it for me now. All this bull**** talk about playing for the fans and unless someone sends me a video of Jarrod Wallace breast feeding there is absolutely no legitimate reason for him not to be here. I’m so pissed right now I’m thinking of leaving the ground. **** the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Just announced it at the game and that’s it for me now. All this bull**** talk about playing for the fans and unless someone sends me a video of Jarrod Wallace breast feeding there is absolutely no legitimate reason for him not to be here. I’m so pissed right now I’m thinking of leaving the ground. **** the Titans.
    I’m nearly there
    Did they announce the reason is the baby?
    If the baby and his Mrs are both healthy then that’s completely unacceptable to me

I agree. FFS.

I remember when Mini was here, he played on 2 hours sleep when his Mrs had a kid the night before...ended up having the game of his life. Butterfingers, sure, but played with a lot of heart. God I miss players like that at this club.

Inactive User

Just got word baby is premature
    So will go with that and wish him all the best and his Mrs and baby

Just got word baby is premature
    So will go with that and wish him all the best and his Mrs and baby
    Well there you go. I retract my statement.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Well there you go. I retract my statement.
    Ditto-what we felt was fair enough given the lack of info