Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

I just want to see a team who puts in some effort, nothing to much to ask.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).

Arrow drops some subtle savagery on his team. Make him captain now!

“Hopefully I can bring some effort, some energy and the boys can jump on the back of that.”

Watched the boys train today. I have only watched about ten or so sessions this year and it was the most intense, aggressive session I have seen. Jim Lenihan had them for a number of defensive drills and geez they were hitting hard. Jim wouldn’t let anyone take the easy path and he drove them relentlessly. The session was certainly defence oriented with a period at the end concentrated on the Watkins/ Brimson combination. The boys were in good spirits and certainly weren’t dragging their chins on the ground.

I know that good training does not necessarily convert into good performance in the game but I have not seen that level of intensity previously this year.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Arthurs has been named to play for BURLEIGH on Sunday
    ISC team announcements mean nothing! Purely for media purposes!

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    Watched the boys train today. I have only watched about ten or so sessions this year and it was the most intense, aggressive session I have seen. Jim Lenihan had them for a number of defensive drills and geez they were hitting hard. Jim wouldn’t let anyone take the easy path and he drove them relentlessly. The session was certainly defence oriented with a period at the end concentrated on the Watkins/ Brimson combination. The boys were in good spirits and certainly weren’t dragging their chins on the ground.
    I know that good training does not necessarily convert into good performance in the game but I have not seen that level of intensity previously this year.
    Thanks for the info-What did Mal do?

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post

Thanks for that info mate, promising to hear for sure. Shows just how softly Brennan was training them and unfortunately it will probably take a full off season of training like that to make a difference to our on field performances. Gives me hope that good change is on the way

one of my workmates is a St.Merge fan and we are both thoroughly uninspired by this weeks offering.

NO banter, no jest, just downtrodden gloom

Mal was involved in the training...mainly standing by and observing but from time to time he would step in and give directions/ make suggestions. For example, he had issue I think with the line Peachey ran when they were doing right side plays and he pulled him up and I could tell he was suggesting a different line.

Inactive User

Nothing has changed since Brennan’s sacking then.
    BT and I both saw Lenihan bringing the anger in the week of the Storm game and sounds like Mal is still very minimal in his involvement.

Problem is like I said, suddenly picking up training won't do much. It won't show until next year at the earliest.

We can see what Maguire who is a renowned hard **** trainer has done to the Tigers in one off season so hopefully Holbrook is the same

Tigers have been punching above their weight for the last couple of years in my opinion. If we don't move on half our roster in the off season there will be little to no change next year IMO. This weeks team have a lot to play for. Looks like the membership crew have started doing the ring around too. I feel bad for those guys.

I think arrow will lift the side this week, he really should be the captain next year he's the heart and souls of the club and it will allow James to focus on bringimg the impact and aggression back that we lack

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Looks like the membership crew have started doing the ring around too. I feel bad for those guys.
    I think I've just realised what the hardest job in the world is. Why would they call now when people are just plain angry about the gutless efforts put up this season. If they waited until well after the season ended some people might have forgotten or their anger might have subsided.
    It will be a major scaling down for me and the club will lose about $700 from what I have to what I'll get next season.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 08-08-19 at 10:53 AM.

TAYLOR MAY NOT PLAY AGAIN IN 2019 AFTER BEING LEFT OUT OF TITANS TEAM
    After a week of soul-searching, Gold Coast have decided to leave Ash Taylor out of this week’s team to allow the halfback to continue his recovery away from the spotlight.

Taylor was on Tuesday named at five-eighth for the Titans’ clash with the St George Illawarra Dragons on Saturday, however NRL.com understands he won’t travel with the team for the match at Kogarah.

Club hierarchy gathered this week to discuss Taylor’s immediate future after a modest performance against the Roosters in his first game back in the NRL after an extended period away from rugby league.
    It was determined by the coaching staff and club officials that it was best for Taylor and the Titans for the 24-year-old to be removed from the NRL team, potentially for the remainder of the season.

The fact the Titans were thrashed by the Sydney Roosters at the Sydney Cricket Ground didn’t help Taylor’s cause, however there are concerns he may have been brought back prematurely.

It’s unclear whether Taylor will play in the Intrust Super Cup this weekend, or play another game at any level this season, with the club to assess the situation on a week-to-week basis.

Incoming Titans coach Justin Holbrook has coached Taylor in the past, but will no doubt be keeping a close eye on the situation as his time with St Helens in the Super League draws to a close.
    "I actually had him in the Junior Kangaroos and he was an outstanding young player,” Holbrook told NRL.com last week.

"He got man of the match in the game against the Junior Kiwis when I had him. I know he's an outstanding young talent. I haven't spoken to him yet but that's something I will worry about before I get there."

Taylor is contracted with the Titans until the end of 2021, with the club still hopeful he can rediscover the type of form that saw him earn a lucrative extension just 18 months ago.The former Broncos junior is still training with the Titans, despite being told he won’t play this weekend.

The Titans, who have not officially announced Taylor won't be playing in the NRL side this weekend, don’t have a recognised playmaker in their 21-man-squad, however they could play AJ Brimson, Bryce Cartwright or Tyrone Peachey at five-eighth in his absence.

QLD Cup

They should give him the rest of the season off and let him contemplate whether he wants to be here again next season. It's doing no good for him playing in this team that we currently have. In a team that was pumped by 60 points last weekend he has been forced to shoulder nearly all of the blame, which I think is unfair. The simple fact is that he is not fit to play at the moment.

Hopefully they put Peachey in at 6 and Latu onto the bench.