Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    D - Mr Bods

(Just kidding)
    Thumbs Up to D

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Doesn't matter, made finals.
    Doesnt matter

That team should have cake walked the last 3 championships in. Warrington didnt even have Austin playing.

Coach has one more shot in a month before his 90% win record succumbs to the Titans default 30%
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Inactive User

From the Suns Forum

“If you're a believer in the suggested etymology of the 'Gold Coast Sports Curse' then you would know the light at the end of the tunnel is coming next season. 2019 marks exactly 30 years since it was announced Christopher Skase and the Brisbane Bears had taken out a 30-year lease on Carrara Stadium. Anecdote - the Bears pulled out of that arrangement a few years later and some believe the city is being punished (sports wise) for the duration of the 30-year lease.”

I choose to believe that the curse ends for us all Jan 1 2020

He didn't get the chocolates but to play in the final is no mean feat. I think they have 2 - 3 games left of the season so interesting to watch them unfold.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Furner's assistance in demand
    It appears the Titans may be forced to search for another assistant coach.

Former Canberra coach David Furner flew to the Gold Coast last week to discuss the possibility of joining the Titans as Justin Holbrook’s assistant from next year.

The Titans were convinced he was the right man for the job, however many at the club were surprised when they found out he was in Newcastle on Wednesday interviewing for the role of Adam O’Brien’s assistant.

There’s also a job going at the Wests Tigers as Michael Maguire’s assistant after he informed Craig Sandercock his services wouldn’t be required next year.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/29/...o-test-market/

Craig Hodges has signed with East Tigers in the QCUP so officially gone from our ranks

Is that normal? I would expect the head coach to appoint his underlings, not the club.

First Grader

I would hope holbrook picks his own assistants. Why would the club not let him choose who he wants?

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I would hope holbrook picks his own assistants. Why would the club not let him choose who he wants?
    Unless they doing it under instructions which I suspect to be the situation

The club pays them so the club would have the first right of refusal and would need to interview them.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The club pays them so the club would have the first right of refusal and would need to interview them.
    Its in the clubs best interest to facilitate the coach so he can be successful by any means possible. Why would the club want to empoly someone the coach didnt want or ask for? Shooting yourself in the foot before you even start the race. Why bother even selecting a coach without employing the people around him he wants and knows can get the jobs done he requires of them. If they arent acting off what hes asked of them i feel this will fail as its already showing the club doesnt trust him to make the right choice.

Inactive User

I suspect Holbrook wants Furner but Furner is meanwhile shopping himself around

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I suspect Holbrook wants Furner but Furner is meanwhile shopping himself around
    Sounds like he is in for a real shot at the Newcastle job. He has stated that he is back in Australia looking for work so you can't blame him for wanting a head coaching position. I view it as good news for us because if he misses out on the job job there I doubt he would play second fiddle to one of the other candidates. Therefore leaving us as a likely destination. I'm sure Mal is taking care of all of this though and talking to the right people. There are some on here that have complained about his role at the club but I have a lot more confidence knowing that this procedure is going to be conducted in a professional manner with his input, compared to the shambles in the past.