Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

They should at least be playing for their own individual NRL careers, if not for the club. Who the hell is going to want to pick up most of them up in their current form. Surely no other NRL club is that stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    They should at least be playing for their own individual NRL careers, if not for the club. Who the hell is going to want to pick up most of them up in their current form. Surely no other NRL club is that stupid?
    Last year before their contract is up they suddenly find form. It's amazing.

Yeah, good point, JB.

I guess the old boys shake their head at this lot. Back in the day when they held down fulltime jobs in various industries, rock up to training after work, and bust their **** on game day.

This mob these days probably get up go for a body bash or surf first thing in morning, then go to the local coffee shop and sip latte's before heading in for a bit of training, and only put in a genuine effort like you mentioned.

Anyone for Nathan Brown as an Assistant Coach ?? Could do worse and he has helped rebuild rosters here and in the English Super League.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Anyone for Nathan Brown as an Assistant Coach ?? Could do worse and he has helped rebuild rosters here and in the English Super League.
    Definitely not. Holbrook needs to be given room to spread his wings without interference from people who have previously been in head coaching positions. As soon as we signed Neil Henry, the writing was on the wall for Cartwright. Signing Brown as an assistant would send the wrong message and potentially destabilise Holbrook's tenure.

Geez I hope Hodges and Burt get kicked at the end of this year. Their team lists while being in charge have me absolutely shaking my head. Have a look at the one vs Melbourne. We’ve got 2 backs on the bench (with Cartwright dropped) and we’re playing a guy who’s leaving (Arthars) over an up and coming guy we’ve signed for the next few years (Spry). Dear oh dear I hope Holbrook has some other assistants lined up.

Rep Player

What has Carty done wrong? He was greatly improved in the first half of the season. Stone has shown absolutely nothing.

Inactive User

Yeah just let Holbrook choose everyone including his own strength and conditioning crew too. I’d like him to give some consideration though to Nathan Friend or Mat Rogers to be one of his assistants.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yeah just let Holbrook choose everyone including his own strength and conditioning crew too. I’d like him to give some consideration though to Nathan Friend or Mat Rogers to be one of his assistants.
    What about Michael Gordon running water etc??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    What about Michael Gordon running water etc??
    Not bad but over the years I’ve always said that I’d love to see Mat Rogers playing that Allan Langer water/18th man for us.
    His footy IQ and competitiveness is epic.

I’m a Rogers fan too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Agree about Rogers, real competitor and his footy nous is very good

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Geez I hope Hodges and Burt get kicked at the end of this year. Their team lists while being in charge have me absolutely shaking my head. Have a look at the one vs Melbourne. We’ve got 2 backs on the bench (with Cartwright dropped) and we’re playing a guy who’s leaving (Arthars) over an up and coming guy we’ve signed for the next few years (Spry). Dear oh dear I hope Holbrook has some other assistants lined up.
    Agree 100 per cent. Selections by Hodges and Burt just does my head in. You wonder how they actually got to where they are now.

St Helens and Holbrook blew yet another big game
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Inactive User

Who’s the biggest troll?
    A-Bronco Bill
    B-teke
    C-a_guest

In my opinion it’s a_guest who annoys me the most.