Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Lol@kent what a wanka
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I guess a week in Rugby League is a long time. Wasn't it a week ago one of our wooducks said we were not going to rush this, and this is our last crack at it?

Also, l think Holbrook might be in for a bit of a shock considering leaving a well established/structured club like St Helen's and sees what we got going on here. Can't help but think our office is happy to slip someone into the position to take a bit of heat off themselves while hoping all the media noise goes away. They are my concerns.

Anyway, wishing Justin all the best and hoping he can make something of our sad sorry bunch in 2020 and beyond.

The Mole: Justin Holbrook reveals why he took Gold Coast Titans job

He's taken on the toughest job in rugby league - but Justin Holbrook holds no fears of failure as he prepares to coach the struggling Gold Coast Titans from next season.

In his first one-on-one interview since being appointed this week, the former Newcastle, Penrith and Roosters halfback believes he will bring an end to the Titans' woeful record of recent years.

The embattled club has finished in the bottom three four times in the last five seasons, going through three coaches in that time.

"I'm coming in with my eyes wide open - I know the club has had its problems in the past," 43-year-old Holbrook told Wide World of Sports from the UK.

"But it has got the front office right now, with Mal Meninga and Dennis Watt running things, and I see it as a great opportunity.

"The right people are in there and it's important for rugby league that the game flourishes in a big, growing area like the Gold Coast.

"I am confident I can help lift the club up the ladder and can't wait to take on the challenge."

Holbrook beat hot favourite Kevin Walters for the job on the strength of his stunning feats at St Helens in Super League after several assistant coach jobs in the NRL.

He has steered the club to 10 points clear of the field on the Super League ladder and won 62 of 78 games since taking charge - a stunning success rate of over 80 per cent.

"It's been a great experience but the call to come home and work with the Titans was too strong," he said.

"I plan to arrive back mid October and hit the ground running - there is a lot of work to do."

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mol...6-2136f6b102d8

Inactive User

He needs to absolute flog the bejesus out of our players over the summer and set a completely different GC mentality

I had no real concept of who Holbrook was a few weeks ago really, vaguely recalled the name, but have to say i'm optimistic as i learn more about him.

Seems a good fellow, has made the right moves in his career so far and this is the natural progression for him.

Something interesting to me is that he isn't from the Bellamy tree of coaches, which i like. there is only one Craig Bellamy, but every assistant that comes from him tries to be a bellamy and implement storm things and it hasn't worked yet. Holbrook is his own man and can stand on his own ideas i think.

Good luck to him. I believe we DO have the talent if the talent is coached well.

Looks like Holbrook won't have to worry about losing Wallace to origin ever again.

Jarrod Wallace takes aim at Kevin Walters over his Origin axing
    Gold Coast Titans heavy-hitter Jarrod Wallace has taken aim at Maroons coach Kevin Walters for his Origin axing, blaming the coach for his poor stats in Origin II.

Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
    Subscriber only
    |
    August 2, 2019 7:27am

Titans prop Jarrod Wallace has spoken out about his Origin axing, claiming he didn’t deserve to be dropped by Queensland coach Kevin Walters.

Wallace was the fall guy for Queensland’s 38-6 hammering in Game Two in Perth, copping the axe for the second time in his Origin career for the decider at Sydney’s ANZ Stadium, won 26-20 by the Blues.

Wallace was busy with limited game in Origin II. Named on the bench, the Gold Coast bookend received 27 minutes of game time, making 22 tackles and seven runs in the heavy defeat at Optus Stadium.

In previous outings for the Maroons, Wallace has been accused of a lack of involvement, but the 28-year-old believes his contribution was statistically solid in his Perth recall.

“I thought I was hard done by to tell you the truth,” Wallace told Blindside.

“I only played 20-odd minutes and made a fair few tackles and hit-ups in that time.

“If Kevvie wanted me to do more, then give me more minutes.

“I came on at a time when we were already on the back foot and I felt me and ‘Glaz’ (Tim Glasby) came on and brought the energy and the go-forward.

“I didn’t think I deserved to be dropped but that was the choice Kevvie made and I have to respect it.

“I can’t sit here and cry over spilt milk, that’s what happened, but now my job here is to look forward and play good footy.”

Wallace said he was mindful he needed to be busy from the outset after some quiet displays in his five previous matches for the Maroons.

“Last time I was a starting front rower and probably didn’t have the same impact,” he said.

“But this time my job was to come off the bench and get busy and I did that.

“I didn’t think there was much more I could do in 27 minutes of game time.”

And then there was this......

BRONCOS legend Allan Langer hasn’t lost his quick wit.

The former halfback may now be 53 years old but age hasn’t weared his sense of humour.

Operating as Brisbane’s trainer at Robina last Saturday night, Langer watched on as Titans prop Jarrod Wallace picked up a ball and pinned the ears back for the tryline as Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough gave chase.

Wallace was brought down just five metres from the line, with the ball spewing free in the process. Wallace buried his head into the turf in despair.

As Langer ran on with water, he couldn’t help himself, stopping to whisper in Wallace’s ear.

“Alfie said, ‘You need to do some sprint training mate, you almost went 100 metres’,” Wallace told Blindside with a laugh.

“I was spewing I didn’t get there. All of the people to run me down was my old teammate ‘Macca’ ... he gave it to me as well, don’t worry about that.”

First Grader

Good watch, its regarding kent the idiot on 360 and the kevie walters issue

https://youtu.be/A8Z5YB90EJs

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post

Loved it. Spoke what we all think.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post

Thank you. We win. The NSW/Drongoe hate media can GAGF

Well it seems the only way we can go next year will be up. Near certainties for the spoon this season now with the Bulldogs winning tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Well it seems the only way we can go next year will be up. Near certainties for the spoon this season now with the Bulldogs winning tonight.
    Good news for Holbrooks contract. It'd be hard to do worse next year.

Inactive User

Yeah for sure. We thoroughly deserve it unless our players pull out something special.

https://www.nrl.com/tv/shows/inside-...stin-holbrook/

Interview with Holbrook from about 12:00 onwards.

https://www.nrl.com/tv/shows/inside-...stin-holbrook/

Interview with Holbrook from about 12:00 onwards.
    Nice find. Sounds like a sensible bloke. Totally understand that he is concentrating on St Helens at the moment but I hope there is more work going on behind the scenes with him letting the club know who he wants etc so the club can start finding clubs to off load players too. Can't leave this **** to the last minute.

Jamie Soward is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Nice find. Sounds like a sensible bloke. Totally understand that he is concentrating on St Helens at the moment but I hope there is more work going on behind the scenes with him letting the club know who he wants etc so the club can start finding clubs to off load players too. Can't leave this **** to the last minute.

Jamie Soward is huge.
    Definitely agree that you'd hope he doesn't wait until the end of the season to start looking at recruitment, players to cut etc. Although I notice he did sneak in towards the end that he will start having a look and having discussions in the next few days. I like how confident he is and that he is acknowledging that work has to be done and that he doesn't care about having to get stuck in.

Jamie Soward is hugely annoying*