Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

A good watch to get the sense of what impact he had on the club over in the UK.

https://twitter.com/saints1890/statu...961071616?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Justin Holbrook makes a charming first impression, but will it stick?
    https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/

JUSTIN Holbrook is just one day into the most formidable post of his 15-year coaching career but you wouldn’t know it from looking at him.

The 43-year-old was relaxed and confident during a 45-minute introduction to members of the media yesterday, cracking jokes and beaming wide grins in a charming first impression.

It’s no record to break but Wayne Bennett’s career smiles tally is already under threat from the code’s newest head coach, just hours into his tenure.

The real-life pressure is coming but Holbrook and his Titans are making the most of the calm before the storm.

Just who is this man the team behind the NRL’s worst performing club have appointed to accomplish what John Cartwright, Neil Henry and Garth Brennan could not?

“It depends who you ask,” Holbrook responds through another cheeky smile.

“If I could describe myself on behalf of (my mates) I’d say what a great guy he is.

“Hardworking, very funny and good looking – but none of that is true.”

Holbrook pauses to find the right words, his joke well-received but a more thoughtful answer wanted.

“I like being honest,” he offered.

“I’m honest with the players, that’s one thing I’ve always done in coaching.

“That’s the trait I want to hang on to.

“I said about the players that I want them to work hard but enjoy coming in to work, and I expect the same of myself and my staff.

“The only way you can be successful at anything you do is if you enjoy it.

“I don’t think you can be good at anything if you don’t have the real passion and love for it.

“I’ve already got that and now I’ve got to get the easy part right and that’s win games.”

His appointment is a sorely-needed shot of hope for a fanbase wary of false dawns.

“I know that yeah, we’ve been knocked around as a club, but we keep getting back up,” Holbrook continued.

“I just want the fans to come along and hopefully see a side they want to watch play.

“It’s the biggest drawcard I can offer as a coach for fans looking forward to watching their home team play.

“Winning games is our main priority and if you do that the fans will turn up.”

It’s still just the calm before the storm, but Holbrook speaks with the confidence of a sailor who has weathered those before.

Time will tell if that easygoing smile can hold strong as the squalls that sunk his forebears continue to build on the horizon.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

HOLBROOK ADMITS “MIXED EMOTIONS” AFTER SAINTS EXIT
    https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/holbr...ts-exit-23819/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Holbrook is on a hiding to nothing in this role. Poor bugger!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Geez Meno what's with the negative posts. You've either lost your job in the Membership Dept or someone has stolen your red cordial.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 01-11-19 at 07:57 PM.

Inactive User

I don’t think Holbrook is on that much of a hiding to nothing. If we don’t get the spoon next year I’ll be pretty satisfied. It’s in 2021 where I’ll be wanting to see something.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Menopause ... go outside and give yourself an uppercut
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I don’t think Holbrook is on that much of a hiding to nothing. If we don’t get the spoon next year I’ll be pretty satisfied. It’s in 2021 where I’ll be wanting to see something.
    That's not good enough for me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    That's not good enough for me personally.
    Me either. Even the teams at the bottom of the top 8 often lose more games than they win and that is the bare pass mark for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Geez Meno what's with the negative posts. You've either lost your job in the Membership Dept or someone has stolen your red cordial.
    LOL!

I thought I'd take on the characteristics of Menoitios. (I like the transliteration spelling) The rage and rash action of Menoitios!!

I wanted to give negativity one last blast. Thankfully...no one really got onboard. I like that. We're uniting and preparing for battle again!

Resuming regular transmission in 3...2...Go the mighty TITANS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Menopause ... go outside and give yourself an uppercut
    A quick bit of Greek mythology...Menoitios - His name came from the Greek words Menos (meaning force, passion or might) and Oitios (meaning Ill-fated or doomed) UH OH!!

I'm sure we all know who the Titans were...to the Greeks at least. So, here's a quick analogy I'm sure we'll all get...

We can read in Hesiod's theogony that Zeus struck Menoitios down with a bolt of lightning in the Titan battle because of his mad presumption and exceeding pride.

Titanic (Or should he be called, Zeus? lol) just did the same with his above remark!

A witty analogy indeed!

Nah...lets keep it Aussie (and footy) That was a ripper, Titanic! A bloody corker!! Hahaha!!

You know I'm here to stay!

A finish in 9th would be a pass mark from me next year.

Top 8 would see me pretty excited.

Top 4 and my excitement would probably make me dangerous to be around.

Win the GF and there'd be little more left of me than a greasy spot on the floor.

@Meno ... just to espouse the academic world I live in and on your mythological theme; my favorite Titan is Uranus so, dare I say it in this pc world we inhabit, Titan Uranus
    Last edited by Titanic; 02-11-19 at 12:03 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    @Meno ... just to espouse the academic world I live in and on your mythological theme; my favorite Titan is Uranus so, dare I say it in this pc world we inhabit, Titan Uranus
    Ahhh yes. The old Titan Uranus!

That used to happen to me (involuntarily) every time Koni got his hands on the ball towards the end of his time here. I was always waiting for him to drop it.

The old Titan Uranus can't help if butter fingers are involved.
    Last edited by Menoitios; 02-11-19 at 12:51 PM.

First day back for pre season training. I hope they give us updates on how things are travelling and photos of the squad training. It was a year I want to forget so I look forward to thinking about next year. Today is the start of a new era.
    Psmitty