Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Love how Holbrook used the word accountability, that's something everyone at the club lacked throughout this year

Email from the club.

To view this email as a web page, go here.

Dear Member.

New Titans Senior Assistant Coach Jim Dymock has delivered the words every Titans Member has been longing to hear – vowing the Gold Coast’s new coaching staff will put the defensive steel back into the Titans in 2020.

In his first interview since joining the Titans as Justin Holbrook’s assistant last month, and in an exclusive for Titans Members, Dymock has outlined his 2020 vision for his new Club – and the first lesson for the playing group this pre-season will be defence.

Dymock is a Canterbury legend. He won the Clive Churchill Medal when the Bulldogs won the premiership from sixth spot on the ladder in 1995.

A skilful yet physical and aggressive lock or five-eighth, Dymock has vowed to bring some of Canterbury’s fabled “Dogs of War” mentality to Cbus Super Stadium next season.

He will join a coaching triumvirate at the Titans in 2020 – alongside Super League Coach of the Year Holbrook, and Burleigh’s two-time Intrust Super Cup premiership coach Jim Lenihan.

When asked what Titans Members could expect from a Gold Coast team led by Holbrook and his two assistants, Dymock was direct.

“My message to Titans Members is simple: We will always compete, we will be in every game we play, we will never give up, and we will try to be consistent,” Dymock said.

“There is a lot of hard work to be done this pre-season, no question. But I think we are all excited about the potential that is already in that squad that is there to be brought out.

“From my point of view, it is all about defence. Attack takes care of itself. Every player can attack. Attacking is easy.

“But defending your line for long periods of time and having the belief in your defence that, if you do make an error or give a penalty away, you can turn sides away – that is the hard stuff that has to be learned.

“There are a lot of skilful players at the Titans, but the main focus for a lot of them has been attack. They need to get their head around the defending side.

“They need to learn to love hitting in defence. They need to learn to love the contact, love the collisions. Once they do that, the attack will just come naturally.

“If you get 50 per cent of possession and you are completing at 80 per cent, and you have your defensive line speed in order, you will always be in the game. It doesn’t matter who you play. Always. No matter what.

“If we keep turning up for each other, and get that defence right, everything else will come off that.”

Certainly, the pedigree of the three incoming coaches indicates an end to the Gold Coast’s defensive woes of 2019 is in sight.

This season, the Titans had the worst defence in the NRL – conceding just over 27 points per game.

By comparison, Holbrook’s St Helens team conceded 13.6 point per game across their 29 regular season matches in Super League. Lenihan’s Bears conceded an average of 13.2 points in 23 ISC premiership rounds.

The NRL’s best defensive team – Melbourne – let in a miserly 12.5 points per game.

At Cronulla, where Dymock was assistant coach to John Morris in 2019, the Sharks conceded 19.3 points per game, finishing seventh after 24 games.

Dymock said it is not hard to work out where the Titans’ biggest area for improvement lies.

“I have been under some good coaches, and they all focus on the same thing – having that intensity and integrity in your defence,” he said. “It’s no secret. Every commentator will tell you that defence wins games, we saw it in in the finals.

“For us at the Titans next year, we will be working hard to implement systems to make sure that everyone is on the same page. We will all be working on the same thing.

“If you are training hard, that is the way you play. That is what Justin is all about, and I am the same.”

Dymock said he hoped Titans fans would support the team by becoming Members in 2020, to be on board for an exciting year for success-starved fans.

“I am really excited about joining the Titans,” Dymock said.
    “Everyone knows the Gold Coast is a great city and a great place to live. But I am not going up there for the weather.

“I am going up there to work with Justin to give the people of the Gold Coast a team that they can be proud of.

“We know what the Titans Members want, because it is the same thing that fans from any club want.

“They want to see their team play well, they want to see them give 100 percent. They want them always competing, doing the little one-percenters. That is all anyone can ask.

“If they do those things, and still lose, well they can walk off the field with their heads held high. That is what the fans want.

“I know as a player, and even as a coach, if you try your guts out and you still fall short, the fans are happy for you.

“If you don’t put in, or look like you don’t want to be there, that is when the fans get upset because they think you are disrespecting your team and the jersey.

“They are paying their hard-earned money to come and watch and support you, so when you toss up rubbish … they don’t deserve that.

“They want to see effort, they want to see courage. In 2020, the Titans will give them that.”

Want to change the way you receive these emails? Update your mail preferences here
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

If our main focus was attack this year then I hate to see what will happen when we expect it to come naturally off our defense. Emails like this are dangerous, surprised the club didn't learn its lesson with Mal last year.

Inactive User

Trying to get people to renew memberships

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Trying to get people to renew memberships
    Yep and it won't work with me. Once bitten twice shy, more like 8 times bitten and I'm not falling for it again. Stfu with the talk and win games, that's what i want to see. As for the above and similar articles I've heard it all before.

Junior

Anyone getting up to watch the super league grand final??

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Anyone getting up to watch the super league grand final??
    Depend on the amount wine I have to drink tonight...but yes...Or tap it to watch later......but I will be watching it.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Junior

Is their anywhere I could stream on a phone??

Is their anywhere I could stream on a phone??

Taia looks half the weight he was with us.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

good game this

Holbrook should bring Thompson with him...from the few games I've seen he's the type of forward we so desperately need.

ps bring back 1 referee.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 13-10-19 at 03:46 AM.

I know it's only Super League

But this St Helens team would flog the Titans lol

That's how bad we are

Junior

I reckon the super league is quicker than the nrl, no bs wrestle. How bout that scrum play for Taia to score.

I reckon the super league is quicker than the nrl, no bs wrestle. How bout that scrum play for Taia to score.
    First 40 felt like 10

Agree, how good is it without the wrestle.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 13-10-19 at 06:05 AM.

Enjoyed the game until the contest was over. Didn’t see a lot to indicate what our new coach will bring but would certainly take Hastings (I know he’s not available). Agree with Thomson too.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.