Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Video from Holbrook being on the Sunday Footy Show.

Hi Diehard
    I really appreciate a lot this sort of content being posted

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Hi Diehard
    I really appreciate a lot this sort of content being posted
    Me too. And fortunately the embed function really makes it easy.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans plan to remove Holbrook from coaching merry-go-round
    Author
    Brad Walter
    NRL.com Senior Reporter
    Timestamp
    Mon 10 Aug 2020, 07:30 PM
    Brad Walter

The Titans are set to begin moves to lock down Justin Holbrook before the coaching carousel starts spinning again, with half of the coaches currently in charge of NRL clubs off contract next year and Brisbane’s Anthony Seibold facing an end-of-season review.

Since taking over the Gold Coast job this season, Holbrook has helped turn the Titans from one of the NRL’s least desirable clubs for big-name recruits to the best-performing team in Queensland and one star players now want to play for.

After joining the Titans from St Helens on a two-year deal, the 44-year-old is one of seven NRL coaches coming off contract in 2021 but Gold Coast officials view Holbrook as a long-term coach for the club and don’t intend to allow rivals the opportunity to lure him away.

Gold Coast’s plan to secure Holbrook beyond next season will increase the interest in Sydney Roosters assistant coach Craig Fitzgibbon, who has turned down approaches from Newcastle and the Warriors in the past 12 months to remain with the back-to-back premiers.

Fifita coup a sign of the times for Titans
    Last Sunday’s 30-10 defeat of North Queensland and their record 30-12 crushing of Brisbane in round 7 have confirmed the Gold Coast as the No.1 team from the Sunshine State and elevated the Titans ahead of the Cowboys and Broncos on the Telstra Premiership ladder.

Much of the credit goes to Holbrook, who Gold Coast officials describe as “having a winning DNA” after taking St Helens from relegation danger to the Super League premiership last season.

Before his three years in England, Holbrook had done an extensive coaching apprenticeship which began at Dapto in 2005 and has included stints in charge of lower-grade teams or as an assistant at Cronulla, Canterbury, Parramatta, St George Illawarra and Sydney Roosters.
    Titans insiders say he is a good man manager, who – along with the club’s head of culture Mal Meninga – has created an environment at the Gold Coast that enables players to perform at their best.

Word has now got around about the appeal of playing for the Titans under Holbrook and the club has signed star Brisbane second-rower David Fifita from the Broncos as well as Melbourne prop Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Newcastle forward Herman Ese’ese.

Snaring a player of Fifita’s standing from the Broncos would have been almost unimaginable in previous seasons but there is now a feeling that the Titans are on the cusp of unprecedented success for a Gold Coast team and he wants to be a part of it.

While the Titans were prepared to pay above market value for Fifita, he also wanted to play alongside Fa’asuamaleaui, prop Moeaki Fotuaika, fullback AJ Brimson and utility Tanah Boyd, who went to school together on the Gold Coast.

Titans officials expect their investment in Fifita will be returned by other players wanting to join the club to play alongside the Queensland Origin star.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled the Titans content from this article , however you can read more on the below link.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/10/...erry-go-round/
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I’d be happy if it meant developing players want to stay at the club ... and I hope he wants to stay ... I’m sure Bodsie can arrange an honorary “Goldie beautiful city” visa for him and his family.
    Last edited by Titanic; 11-08-20 at 01:12 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Please stay Holbrook. So many other clubs would be licking their lips.

But how many opportunities do you get in life to build a club up from the ground? To capitalise on so many fantastic opportunities and advantages. And take a bottom dweller to the very top.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Inactive User

Holbrook extension will be a formality

Justin Holbrook loving life at Gold Coast Titans as club looks to lock him up long-term
    https://www.couriermail.com.au/

While he has only overseen four wins from 13 games, Gold Coast Titans have fallen in love with Justin Holbrook and are looking to lock him up long-term. And the coach is keen to stay.

Titans coach Justin Holbrook has outlined his desire to remain at the Gold Coast as potentially half of the NRL’s head coaching jobs come up for grabs.

Holbrook this week opened discussions with the Titans about extending his tenure at the Gold Coast beyond the end of 2021, when his current contract expires.

After leading St Helens to last year’s Super League title, Holbrook signed a two-year deal to replace Garth Brennan at the Titans.

While he has only overseen four wins from 13 games, the 13th-placed Titans have fallen in love with Holbrook and are looking to lock him up long-term.

If the Titans continue to show improvement after collecting last year’s wooden spoon, Holbrook’s stocks will rise further and the Gold Coast is desperate not to lose him.

The Warriors (Steve Kearney), Cowboys (Paul Green), Bulldogs (Dean Pay) and Dragons (Paul McGregor) have already sacked their coaches this season while Anthony Seibold (Broncos) is under intense pressure.

The likes of John Morris (Sharks), Michael Maguire (Tigers) and Wayne Bennett (Rabbitohs) also have uncertain futures while Craig Bellamy (Storm) is off-contract at Melbourne next year.

But Holbrook said he had no desire to leave the Gold Coast and was looking to extend his stint at the Titans.

“I’m really enjoying it here,” he said.

“We’re improving as a side and have got a good staff and playing group here.

“I’ve only spoken to the club this week so everything seems to get out pretty quickly.

“I’m happy coaching here and the club’s direction. We’ve got everything in place and some good signings coming next year.

“Everything is moving in the right direction for the club and it would be great to be part of.”

After sacking Neil Henry in 2017, the Titans believed they were heading in the right direction after finishing 14th in 2018 and issued Brennan a one-year extension until the end of 2020.

But the wheels fell off the Titans last year, with Brennan sacked midway through the season as the Gold Coast recorded only four wins to finish last.

Titans players rate Holbrook and he has had some recruitment wins in securing Broncos star David Fifita, Melbourne‘s Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and Newcastle’s Herman Ese’ese for next year.

The club has also managed to offload underperforming players Shannon Boyd (retirement) and Bryce Cartwright (soon to be released), allowing Holbrook to put his stamp on the team.

By originally signing a two-year deal, Holbrook was under pressure to show immediate improvement at the Titans and he didn’t want to make excuses about needing time.

“The easy answer is to say it takes three or five years so you buy yourself time,” he said.

“The recruitment and retention happens every day so as a coach you have to get in and do the best job you can. That’s what we’ve done from the start.

“The players are improving so much which we needed to.

“It’s too hard with time frames. You see the amount of coaches being moved on, you’ve got to do a good job straight away.

“The club’s been really supportive of us.”

The Titans have begun negotiations on a $1 million-plus contract upgrade to keep coach Justin Holbrook at the Gold Coast beyond next season.

News Corp Australia can reveal the Titans kicked off talks with Holbrook’s management on Tuesday with a view to securing the rookie NRL coach until at least the end of 2023.

Holbrook is already contracted until the end of next year but at a time when the NRL’s coaching merry-go-round is beginning its annual ramp-up, the Titans are determined to stay out of the crossfire.

While Holbrook has won just four of his first 13 games at the Gold Coast, there is a feeling the Titans are a club on the rise under the former assistant to Roosters super coach Trent Robinson.

After his stint at Bondi, Holbrook had formidable success running his own show at St Helens from 2017-19, winning 70 of 87 games for an 80 per cent success rate, including last year‘s premiership victory.

Gold Coast’s sizzling first-half performance in last week’s 30-10 defeat of the Cowboys was one of their best performances in years, further evidence for Titans bosses that Holbrook can turn them into a finals team.

The parties have discussed an extension of between two-to-four years and Titans foundation football manager Scott Sattler, who played with Holbrook at Penrith, backed plans for his long-term retention.

“I think it’s a great move for the Titans to extend Justin,” Sattler said.

“I played with Justin at Penrith in 2001 and even as a player he had great care for his teammates.

“It doesn’t surprise me that it has transcended to his coaching.

“Justin has been able to galvanise the Titans squad.

“I thought signing Justin to a two-year deal initially was always smart. Justin had to hit the ground running and he had to make some tough decisions from day one because he had a short-term contract.

“It was a bit of a risk for Justin because the Gold Coast can be a graveyard for coaches. But he is starting to get the Titans going in the right direction … he is already bettering the club.”

The Titans are prepared to give Holbrook time to rebuild the club but the signing of Broncos sensation David Fifita and Storm giant Tino Fa’asuamaleaui will give the Coast some midfield muscle next year.

Sattler said Holbrook had already made improvements to Gold Coast’s style.

“The improvement I see is they are working in groups,” he said.

“The Titans of years gone by have had an individual focus, but now I see a lot of bodies in motion and that comes back to the hunger to want to help your teammate.

“They have a ‘we’ mentality not a ‘me’ mentality, Justin is encapsulating what a team represents.

“I still speak to a lot of the Titans players and they say they love him as a coach, they would walk through a burning house for him.

“He communicates the message really well, I think he can have a long-term reign at the Gold Coast.”
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 14-08-20 at 12:46 PM.

Inactive User

Both Justin Holbrook and Stewart Dew at the Suns seem to be the right men to finally make us creditable at team sport.
    Great man managers, likeable, committed, appreciate the lifestyle and understand the community.
    To win a GF coaching either team would make them legends of Australia Sport.

They both came onboard when we were pure utter embarrassing garbage and they would also break the seemingly impenetrable Gold Coast Sporting Curse.

Channel 9 news claiming that Holbrook has extended until the end of 2024

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Channel 9 news claiming that Holbrook has extended until the end of 2024
    How good would that be.

Inactive User

He’s the real deal

https://amp.couriermail.com.au/sport...672bee0ded63a7

It’s official. Probably a club statement in the morning

Now time to bag a smith

Email from the club.

Dear

Gold Coast Titans Head Coach, Justin Holbrook will be with the Titans for the next four seasons having reached agreement with the club to extend his contact through to 2024.

Holbrook joined the Titans for the 2020 NRL season after previously leading St Helens to the 2019 English Super League title.

Titans CEO Steve Mitchell says Justin’s signing is a fantastic result for the future success of our Club.

“The positive influence and overall development of our squad under Justin’s guidance in his maiden year is very obvious” Mitchell said.

“Justin is highly regarded by our player group and throughout the game.

“I am sure our Members and fans will be thrilled that he will be heading up our coaching program for the next four years.

Holbrook says he is both grateful and proud to be part of the future at the Titans.

“The next few years is an exciting time for the Club, with everyone all working hard for a successful future,” Holbrook said.

“I would like to thank all the Titans staff and the club’s owners in the Frizelle and Kelly families, Chair Dennis Watt and the Board of Directors as they have been extremely supportive of myself at a professional level and my family since we arrived.

“All of us are very excited to be staying with the Titans long term.”

Regards,

The Gold Coast Titans Membership team
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Wonderful news and I'm so pleased we won't need to feature in the "coaching merry-go-round" gossip columns any more, well at least until his renewal comes up. Congratulations Coach Holbrook and may the sauce be with you (just kidding).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

That was really bad Titanic..