Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Cut Meninga for Brown as head of football... now you’ve officially lost it Bods.
    I’d prefer Brown to have Burt’s assistant coach job for sure

I’ve not moved on from Meninga’s indifferent role after Brennan got sacked. He just continued to hide in the corner of the dressing sheds while we floundered.

Keen to hear a rundown of the members forum tonight if anyone on the forum is going

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Keen to hear a rundown of the members forum tonight if anyone on the forum is going
    We were specifically asked to not divulge what was discussed and given the club knows who I am then I’m respecting that. Don’t worry you didn’t miss anything that we didn’t already know through reading things in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We were specifically asked to not divulge what was discussed and given the club knows who I am then I’m respecting that. Don’t worry you didn’t miss anything that we didn’t already know through reading things in here.
    Fair enough I respect that mate. Let’s just hope they act on some of the promises they made

Did they say anything about roster changes?

QLD Cup

I’d prefer Brown to have Burt’s assistant coach job for sure

I’ve not moved on from Meninga’s indifferent role after Brennan got sacked. He just continued to hide in the corner of the dressing sheds while we floundered.
    What is it that you wanted Mal to do Bods?

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    He wanted Mal to take over as coach, Physio, water boy and orange cutter.

Seriously though we don't really know what Mal did or didn't do in that time and to suggest that he did nothing is pure speculation.
    Did you pose the question to Mal Bods?

Inactive User

To be interim Coach rather than Hodges and Burt especially when it was clear after their first two games that they were going further back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    He wanted Mal to take over as coach, Physio, water boy and orange cutter.

Seriously though we don't really know what Mal did or didn't do in that time and to suggest that he did nothing is pure speculation.
    Did you pose the question to Mal Bods?
    I didn’t stay till the very end. Had to get home as it’s a work night. I wouldn’t ask that in a forum like that anyway as it would be combative and Borderline rude in that setting, id happily ask him that if I could have an informal chat afterwards but as I said I have home committments too.
    Sounds like you are challenging me.

QLD Cup

To be interim Coach rather than Hodges and Burt especially when it was clear after their first two games that they were going further back.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn’t stay till the very end. Had to get home as it’s a work night. I wouldn’t ask that in a forum like that anyway as it would be combative and Borderline rude in that setting, id happily ask him that if I could have an informal chat afterwards but as I said I have home committments too.
    There's no challenge from anyone mate, we're just having a conversation between forum members.

I know that your view is shared by others in this forum regarding the issue of him stepping up into the coaching role but we have to remember that he was never contracted to do that, therefore we can't blame him for not wanting too. He has other commitments to both Fox Sports and the Kangaroos so even if he did want to then there would be a conflict from those positions.

Mal Meninga is not Gus Gould and doesn't need to be centre of the limelight. It may seem that he has been doing nothing because he hasn't been in the media as much as what Gus would be, but there is no doubt in my mind that he is putting the pieces into place behind closed doors to make us a successful NRL club going forward. I know it hurts because it isn't instant success and we are all craving ANY sort of success at the moment but last season was a right off anyway. Putting Mal into coach a team that couldn't make the eight regardless IMO would have just brought more negativity from outside the club.

Since Brennan left I think we have seen Mal take on a significantly larger role in retention and recruitment. That's not to say that he has taken over that position but he's started to implement recruitment policies that will benefit us for a long time to come. Furthermore, he has also looked to strengthen junior pathways (which is something that we know you are very passionate about Bods - rightly so) and has also been the key figure in recruiting our new coach and assistant coach. I know that none of these things changed the scores on the field last season but that season was doomed from the start (in hindsight). Let's focus on the future.

Rep Player

I would just like to point out that Dennis Watt recently said that Mal's role has recently transitioned into more of a general Head of Football role. That was news to us, so there's plenty going on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

There's no challenge from anyone mate, we're just having a conversation between forum members.

I know that your view is shared by others in this forum regarding the issue of him stepping up into the coaching role but we have to remember that he was never contracted to do that, therefore we can't blame him for not wanting too. He has other commitments to both Fox Sports and the Kangaroos so even if he did want to then there would be a conflict from those positions.

Mal Meninga is not Gus Gould and doesn't need to be centre of the limelight. It may seem that he has been doing nothing because he hasn't been in the media as much as what Gus would be, but there is no doubt in my mind that he is putting the pieces into place behind closed doors to make us a successful NRL club going forward. I know it hurts because it isn't instant success and we are all craving ANY sort of success at the moment but last season was a right off anyway. Putting Mal into coach a team that couldn't make the eight regardless IMO would have just brought more negativity from outside the club.

Since Brennan left I think we have seen Mal take on a significantly larger role in retention and recruitment. That's not to say that he has taken over that position but he's started to implement recruitment policies that will benefit us for a long time to come. Furthermore, he has also looked to strengthen junior pathways (which is something that we know you are very passionate about Bods - rightly so) and has also been the key figure in recruiting our new coach and assistant coach. I know that none of these things changed the scores on the field last season but that season was doomed from the start (in hindsight). Let's focus on the future.
    NZFan.....my exact thoughts.....Mal was not employed as a coach etc....... I suspect that he couldn't step up more as he probably had conditions imposed on him from the ARL as he is The Australian coach
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

No not challenging, just asking the question as you were there and so was he. It is a subject that you have made very clear annoyed you and I was interested to know if you took an opportunity to get some clarity.

As for it being a combative question to ask, well I guess it's how you ask it.
    If the question was to be "hey, why didn't you step up and coach instead of sitting in the corner doing nothing? then yes that would be combative and rude.
    If the question was to be "Hey Mal, did you consider stepping up to coach in that period? then it is a simple question and he may have explained what and why. Then again he may not have.

Any truth to the rumour he (Mal) is moving away from the Gold Coast?

First Grader

Mal already stated he could not take over any coaching role as it would of breached his contract with the kangaroos. The national coach cannot hold another coaching position.

He should have been blasted for letting max king go, absolute idiotic move

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    No not challenging, just asking the question as you were there and so was he. It is a subject that you have made very clear annoyed you and I was interested to know if you took an opportunity to get some clarity.

As for it being a combative question to ask, well I guess it's how you ask it.
    If the question was to be "hey, why didn't you step up and coach instead of sitting in the corner doing nothing? then yes that would be combative and rude.
    If the question was to be "Hey Mal, did you consider stepping up to coach in that period? then it is a simple question and he may have explained what and why. Then again he may not have.
    I would have liked to have stayed on ozy and ask a few questions (although I probably would have asked a question on why the schools on the GC/Tweed are awash with Drongoes people providing support to Indigenous Kids and we have zero presence) but I seriously needed to get home to Mrs Bods or I’d have been in deep deep deep poo.