Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Evidence is that he has offered nothing to a team that has done nothing all season and when he was able to step up we got flogged by a lot more than when the bad man Brennan was in charge.

So Flanagan is able to appointed as an assistant coach and all of a sudden we get the assistant coach from the sharks

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    No evidence that he’s bad but not much to suggest he’d be good either. Spent his whole career on the wing which really doesn’t require much footy IQ, and I don’t think he really has any other coaching experience
    He was also a good goal kicker, something that we really need help with. But yeah as willhelm says, he's only an apprentice coach. He only really passes on messages from the head coach to the players. Not too bothered either way is he stays/goes. His name got a little besmirched after it was thrown in as an interim coach with Hodges but I don't think he really did that much.

Inactive User

So I guess Cronulla now need a new assistant coach...

I wonder who’s available for them....hmmmmm

First Grader

Whats jim dymick like? Is he any good as an assistant?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Anyone involved in getting Cronulla a GF victory must be bloody good as far as I’m concerned

Because outside of getting the GC a premiership (In anything) that was the biggest challenge in Australian sport.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    It is an improvement to what we had. So well done.
    But at the end of the day it is about the cattle we have and it is dim pickings until there is a major over hall of the playing squad
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 20-09-19 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    It is an improvement to what we had. So well done.
    But at the end of the day it is about the cattle we have and it is dim pickings until there is a major over hall of the playing squad
    That’s true to an extent but Des also literally just showed how far good coaching can take you. Missing their star fullback and both second rowers and they deserved to win

If you have best players then you don’t need a great coach because they’ve already been well coached (add Wayne Bennett and Trent Robinson here) but if you have a bunch of underachievers and rookies then a good coach can transform a team (add Craig Bellamy and Des Hasler here).
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Nathan brown was on triple m nrl yesterday and highlighted that Justin Holbrook has had the success at St. Helens because he is a good coach but also because St. Helens has a football manager that understands the salary cap, the value of players and how to take the pressure off him so he can just coach. I say get him here now!!

I wouldn’t be surprised that Jimmy L from Burleigh end up joining the coaching team some how. Maybe the way Burleigh are going is his audition for the job.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised that Jimmy L from Burleigh end up joining the coaching team some how. Maybe the way Burleigh are going is his audition for the job.
    There were a few of us pushing for him to have the top job about 3-4 months ago

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Nathan brown was on triple m nrl yesterday and highlighted that Justin Holbrook has had the success at St. Helens because he is a good coach but also because St. Helens has a football manager that understands the salary cap, the value of players and how to take the pressure off him so he can just coach. I say get him here now!!
    Without listening to the audio I hope thats just nathan brown ass covering for his failures at the knights as he was the main recruiter and coach. Or hes pushing for a job as a recruiter to take the pressure off holbrook.

OR

Hes telling the truth and our holy grail does need more help than we realised? Although im not sure if this recruiter came in once holbrook started or if he was there prior to holbrook starting when they were fighting relegation.

Inactive User

If we could afford it I’d happily Bone Burt and bring in Brown as Holbrook’s other assistant OR even Bone Meninga and give Brown a Head of Football/Performance/Junior Systems role.

I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Rep Player

Cut Meninga for Brown as head of football... now you’ve officially lost it Bods.