Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Enjoyed the game until the contest was over. Didn’t see a lot to indicate what our new coach will bring but would certainly take Hastings (I know he’s not available). Agree with Thomson too.
    Anyone here remember a few years ago when RVS was pushing hard for us to get Hastings when nobody wanted him and he got just destroyed by a stack of posters?
    Add that his Arrow mail and the guy needs to be taken seriously from here on.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Anyone here remember a few years ago when RVS was pushing hard for us to get Hastings when nobody wanted him and he got just destroyed by a stack of posters?
    Add that his Arrow mail and the guy needs to be taken seriously from here on.
    Conveniently leaving out that he was pushing for us to sign Hastings to play centre

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Conveniently leaving out that he was pushing for us to sign Hastings to play centre
    Plus, at that time not one nrl club was interested in him. There was a reason for that. I'm glad he appears to have turned his life around but a couple of years ar Wigan will prove whether he has got it together.

Inactive User

Give RVS credit where it’s due. Miserable buggers.

Rep Player

Open your other eye and be a bit more circumspect, mate. You keep desperately latching on to every little thing and obsessively spruiking it as the answer to our problems. First, Condon was the source of all our woes, then “Calamity Annesley”, then “the Termite”, then Brennan was the solution, then Bec & Sir Daryl, then Mal. Now you’re heralding RVS as the pied piper when he hasn’t got any runs on the board. Quite frankly, I’m getting sick of talking about him, but you keep waving him in our faces. He was dead wrong on Walters (you ignored this), he was pushing for Hastings at centre (you’re ignoring this), and Arrow hasn’t left yet. Even if he does, which I think he will, it wasn’t exactly a risky bet. Origin prop busting his guts in a team of last-placed bludgers leaves for greener pastures. Gee, who could’ve guessed that? Where was this enthusiasm when The Mole correctly picked Holbrook as our man months in advance? He deserves far more kudos than RVS.

I get it — we’re all desperate for some success. It’s the life of a Titans supporter. But constantly jumping at every little thing and ignoring context and the bigger picture just sets you up for disappointment. You keep admitting you were wrong but then carry on making the same mistakes and expecting different results. That’s insanity, and I strongly suggest you slow down and take a breath because we have a long pre-season ahead of us. Personally, I’m quite optimistic about the Holbrook-Dymock-Lenihan triumvirate. Hot new head coach coming off a super league grand final win + the seasoned defense-focused assistant who has worked under the best in the business (Hasler) and been to grand finals + the hard-nosed local lad who bound together a bunch of grafters and journeymen to go within one disgusting bounce of a footy of the reserve grade national championship. I also believe Mal deserves significant credit for putting this team together, as well as Bec & Daryl for hiring him. However, I’m going to keep my powder dry until I actually see some results.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Open your other eye and be a bit more circumspect, mate. You keep desperately latching on to every little thing and obsessively spruiking it as the answer to our problems. First, Condon was the source of all our woes, then “Calamity Annesley”, then “the Termite”, then Brennan was the solution, then Bec & Sir Daryl, then Mal. Now you’re heralding RVS as the pied piper when he hasn’t got any runs on the board. Quite frankly, I’m getting sick of talking about him, but you keep waving him in our faces. He was dead wrong on Walters (you ignored this), he was pushing for Hastings at centre (you’re ignoring this), and Arrow hasn’t left yet. Even if he does, which I think he will, it wasn’t exactly a risky bet. Origin prop busting his guts in a team of last-placed bludgers leaves for greener pastures. Gee, who could’ve guessed that? Where was this enthusiasm when The Mole correctly picked Holbrook as our man months in advance? He deserves far more kudos than RVS.

I get it — we’re all desperate for some success. It’s the life of a Titans supporter. But constantly jumping at every little thing and ignoring context and the bigger picture just sets you up for disappointment. You keep admitting you were wrong but then carry on making the same mistakes and expecting different results. That’s insanity, and I strongly suggest you slow down and take a breath because we have a long pre-season ahead of us. Personally, I’m quite optimistic about the Holbrook-Dymock-Lenihan triumvirate. Hot new head coach coming off a super league grand final win + the seasoned defense-focused assistant who has worked under the best in the business (Hasler) and been to grand finals + the hard-nosed local lad who bound together a bunch of grafters and journeymen to go within one disgusting bounce of a footy of the reserve grade national championship. I also believe Mal deserves significant credit for putting this team together, as well as Bec & Daryl for hiring him. However, I’m going to keep my powder dry until I actually see some results.
    Holey Mackeral!! Wow!!! You really know my work. The way you’ve gone back into the annals sends a shiver up my spine.
    I think RVS just deserves to be cut some slack. It turns out getting Hastings when he was unwanted and was a freebie may have been genius.
    Now in regards to your revisionism on me:
    Condon-injury management improved massively under Catterick tick
    Annesley-look at our cap now, and the results of Hayne/Taylor tick
    Brennan-yeah I wanted him and I regret that cross
    Bec and Sir Daryl-yeah I love them for sure and don’t see them as a problem tick and cross
    Mal-was in total favour until this relocation business cross
    RVS-well I stick up for people in here at Times especially when I feel they get a bum wrap or if they were right. I do the same at other times with others, including those I may disagree with at times. He’s got an opinion-good on him. And his mail being correct or incorrect is a bit of entertainment too.
    The Termite-well given how Taylor has worked out this year and his own performance I’ll give myself a tick
    Some right, some wrong.

It’s a forum. A place where passionate Titans fans share their thoughts and ideas. If we were travelling along like the Storm or Easts then my contributions would reflect that success.

Anyway thanks for the free advice. I have taken it in and will consider aspects of it.

I was in the Walters camp but did chance to Holbrook about a week before his appointment on the back of the opinions of the lads in here.
    I was long ago Wanting Lenihan on staff and Dymock well that was a surprise I didn’t see coming.

We will see now if they can get some huge improvements from the squad. If so then they are legends.

I find that a weird comment Bods if it is aimed at me. My comment about Hastings had nothing to do with whether RVS wanted him here or not. The fact was Hastings had quickly got himself on the outer at The Roosters then quickly at Manly. After Manly dropped him from the NRL team not one, I repeat not one, NRL club was interested in him. Why - well it's not hard to work out.

He had no option than to go to England where, full credit to him, he seems to have got his act together. It's funny how when you are on your last chance blokes finally wake up. I probably would have been one who got into RVS if he had suggested that Hastings come here. Based on Hastings antics and our problems here, on face value that is the last thing we needed. Nothing to do with RVS opinion really (and I have already stated on here that I am ready to apologise to RVS if he gets the Arrow defection right).

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I find that a weird comment Bods if it is aimed at me. My comment about Hastings had nothing to do with whether RVS wanted him here or not. The fact was Hastings had quickly got himself on the outer at The Roosters then quickly at Manly. After Manly dropped him from the NRL team not one, I repeat not one, NRL club was interested in him. Why - well it's not hard to work out.

He had no option than to go to England where, full credit to him, he seems to have got his act together. It's funny how when you are on your last chance blokes finally wake up. I probably would have been one who got into RVS if he had suggested that Hastings come here. Based on Hastings antics and our problems here, on face value that is the last thing we needed. Nothing to do with RVS opinion really (and I have already stated on here that I am ready to apologise to RVS if he gets the Arrow defection right).
    MT I love you like a brother. You know that. You are the only likeable Manly dude on the planet. I just find it amusing that after all the stick RVS has copped (including from me about Arrow) that it might turn out he’s this flawed genius.
    I feel a bit bad now too that I gave him some stick.

TAYLOR LIKE ANY OTHER TITAN

JUSTIN Holbrook will not be offering Ash Taylor any special treatment when he officially starts as Gold Coast coach.

Farewelling St Helens after the Super League decider this weekend, Holbrook said the wayward No.7 will be treated “just like any player’’.

Taylor who walked away from the game in May to address personal issues, has told the Titans he will be returning for the start of pre-season.

The Titans’ only million-dollar-a-year man, Taylor is expecting a child and has told those close to him that he is determined to resurrect his career for the sake of his family.

A trip back to his home town of St George — near Toowoomba — helped to conquer his demons.

Holbrook booked his ticket back to Australia last week and his first order of business will be a sit-down with his new assistant coaches Jim Dymock and Jim Lenihan.

https://twitter.com/telegraph_sport/...990003713?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

Sure fire way to make a bloke grow up quick is by having a kid, hopefully this turns ash around

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Sure fire way to make a bloke grow up quick is by having a kid, hopefully this turns ash around
    I thought when Hayne had a kid when he was with us it would do the same for him.
    Fingers crossed it’s different for Taylor and it gets him focussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    True in many cases, mate. But there's also no shortage of PoS fathers with their head up their ****. They're the ones that usually shirk on their responsibilities.

From Titans Website.

Titans Senior Assistant Coach Jim Dymock says the way Justin Holbrook was embraced by St Helens players and lauded by the club’s fans after the Super League grand final is further proof he is the right man for the Gold Coast NRL job.

Holbrook signed off on his St Helens career in the best way possible after leading Saints to a 23-6 premiership win at Old Trafford on Sunday morning (Qld time), giving the club their first title since 2014.

It was the final box to tick for Holbrook, who in two-and-a-half seasons took Saints from a struggling mid-table team to successive minor premiership trophies, runners-up in this year’s Challenge Cup final at Wembley and then the Super League crown on the weekend.

Holbrook admitted afterwards that he got emotional before the game at the prospect of coaching his last game at St Helens, but said after the match that emotion has been replaced by pride and satisfaction that his job at the Merseyside club had been done.

The players were obviously quick to share the glory of their triumph with their coach after the grand final, but it was the response of the St Helens fans in the crowd of over 62,000 that may have meant the most to Holbrook.

St Helens players have spoken openly at the “toxic culture” at the club before Holbrook’s arrival, which resulted in the local community disengaging with the team and turning their backs on the club.

Holbrook’s success, his style of football and his engaging personality not only delivered results on the field, but reconnected the team and club with their local community to leave St Helens in the strongest possible position as he departs to join the Titans later this month.

Dymock said the parallels between St Helens and the Titans were obvious, and expects the Gold Coast community to reconnect and unite behind a re-energised Titans the same way St Helens did behind their footy team.

“Justin is the right man for the Titans,” Dymock said. “He will have good people around him at the Club, which is important as well.

“But he won a competition in reserve grade at Canterbury, and he has had great success over there in England and now won a premiership with St Helens. Wherever he goes he is a winner.

“He is a knockabout bloke, he likes to have a joke and what have you. But when it is time to put your head down and work hard, then that is all that matters.

“He will let the boys enjoy their wins, and create a good bond between the players.

“The best coaches in the game are the ones that the players want to play for, and Justin is definitely one of those guys.

“They will celebrate their successes, but that is because they have absolutely earned them.”

Dymock said it was Holbrook’s man management as much as his tactical nous that would have the biggest impact on the Titans this pre-season.

“He knows his football, but he is also great at managing his players,” he said. “He manages them as players, but manages them as people too.

“When players have their football life going well, it is normally because their private lives are going well. We will get that sorted with the Titans boys.

“Whatever they need to perform at their best on the field – whether it is mind management, or something in their lives to tale their minds of football – we will make sure they get that so that when it is time to focus on football, they are ready to put their heads down and work hard.”

There is no doubt that the Titans’ new coaches know what it takes to win.

Holbrook will come to the Coast with a premiership and Super League’s Coach of the Year award in his keeping, while Dymock won a premiership and the Clive Churchill Medallist with the Bulldogs in 1995.

They will be joined by former Burleigh coach and new Titans Assistant Coach Jim Lenihan, who this season won his second Intrust Super Cup title in four years with the Bears.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Can't wait to see what the new coaching staff can do with Shannon Boyd. It'll be interesting to see how they use him. He had a few setbacks this year. The ongoing headaches after that concussion (never something to take lightly) then he played a few weeks with a busted shoulder, before finally conceding in July that it needed a reconstruction.

I still think he can be a weapon in a well managed forward rotation. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Brenno halted this clubs momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    True in many cases, mate. But there's also no shortage of PoS fathers with their head up their ****. They're the ones that usually shirk on their responsibilities.
    I do apologise for such a negative post. It's not a excuse, but I've had to deal with a few deadbeat Dad's of late.

Hope all goes well with Ash's new expectant family.