Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sounds like it might be a straight swap for Roberts who is in doubt with an achilles injury. Not sure that's a loss with the way he has been playing lately...but would've preferred him over Jacks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Ash Taylor will be playing the Cocks Salary Cap Cheats on Sunday

New era-let’s get behind him
    Dunno if I'd be throwing the word "Cocks" around too much, man. Because our mob could easily be labelled the soft cocks this season.

Off topic: I wonder if Bronco Bill will blow by this week and have a little chat about the drubbing the Storm dished up to his almighty Drongoes last night? Premiership contenders... Pigs ****!

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Dunno if I'd be throwing the word "Cocks" around too much, man. Because our mob could easily be labelled the soft cocks this season.

Off topic: I wonder if Bronco Bill will blow by this week and have a little chat about the drubbing the Storm dished up to his almighty Drongoes last night? Premiership contenders... Pigs ****!
    I was thinking the same thing about Bronco Bill. I am sure he will not venture back here for a while as the horse has been well and truly flogged so much so that the RSPCA has been called in to put the poor thing down and to put their supporters out of their misery
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 03-08-19 at 04:09 AM.

Inactive User

^^^ referring to Easts as “the cocks” I thought was fairly common. All my mates call them that other than the one tool in my circle that goes for them. Am I wrong?
    Is there any word on who drops out of the 17 for Taylor?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    That’s great news, Bods. Hope he kills it.
    ^^^ referring to Easts as “the cocks” I thought was fairly common. All my mates call them that other than the one tool in my circle that goes for them. Am I wrong?
    Is there any word on who drops out of the 17 for Taylor?
    Roberts or jacks, No loss either way.

Can't say it's a familiar term to me, known them as being referred to as the chooks, primarily. Obviously calling them the cocks is a attempt as being derogatory towards them. Though it could interpreted as going the other way, considering how much a pride/stature a rooster holds himself to.

But hey, what would I know.

- - - Updated - - -

If they slip Taylor back in, I don't think I'll bother for the rest of the season. I'm done done with his rot/nonsense.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Can't say it's a familiar term to me, known them as being referred to as the chooks, primarily. Obviously calling them the cocks is a attempt as being derogatory towards them. Though it could interpreted as going the other way, considering how much a pride/stature a rooster holds himself to.

But hey, what would I know.

- - - Updated - - -

If they slip Taylor back in, I don't think I'll bother for the rest of the season. I'm done done with his rot/nonsense.
    Yeah we say it to be derogatory towards them. They no doubt are cheats.
    Taylor is playing tomorrow.

Enjoy the game then.

Rep Player

Why is Taylor coming back the final straw? Would you prefer Jacks?

If he comes back and plays well then it means he’s been dogging it and if he plays like before then it means he’s just a dog.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Any forum members going to be at the game ?

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Why is Taylor coming back the final straw? Would you prefer Jacks?
    I could bang on a good part of the day what I don't like about the bloke. But I'll point out the most obvious one about him. He's a quitter, he checks out of games and has even been known to leave the field before full time for no apparent reason.

So anyone that has a crack in the position for the full 80 minutes is already streets ahead of Taylor. If my grandma was still around I'd be happy to have her slip on the jersey, at least I know she'd put in her best effort.

I think Titanic raised a good point too.

Inactive User

Ash Taylor will be playing the Cocks Salary Cap Cheats on Sunday

New era-let’s get behind him
    Looks like my appeal to rally around him didn’t hit the spot.

Late Mail: Titans could have a couple of changes with Phillip Sami in doubt due to concussion. If he is ruled out we would see Brenko Lee come onto the wing with Leilani Latu coming onto the bench.

The Gold Coast Titans’ million-dollar man Ash Taylor will make his NRL comeback against the Sydney Roosters at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Sunday.

The former Dally M rookie-of-the-year has not played first grade since the Round 12 loss to the Cowboys after being stood down for mental health reasons.

Titans chairman Dennis Watt confirmed Taylor will start at half-back opposite Cooper Cronk.

“Ash is back to his old self,” Watt said, “he’s been terrific at training and enjoying being around the team. He’s keen and we think he’s ready.”

It is expected Taylor will come into the side for Ryley Jacks.

I'm excited about today. I think we might cause the cocks a few problems. I'm not sure why but I think Taylor might step up today. Renewed optimism has risen after the signing of Holbrook. Let's rip in lads.