Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Some of the comments on FB are hilarious.

6-58, when it's our turn to bat we should reach that in 20 overs.

I’d sack the coach after that effort.

There are certainly a few positives to take out of the game. One is the fact that we won the 66th minute.
    The other is the fact we were 100% in conversions and the roosters were only 90%.

No team that has conceded 50 points in a match has ever gone on to win the comp that season.
    Not looking good.

Wow, that was ordinary.

No doubt Holbrook has his work cut out for him next year.

I really like the Holbrook signing and obviously offseason focus needs to be effort, fitness and defensive structure.

Getting smashed by 50+ feels awful, but i wanted to go back and see if teams can turn it around in the course of 1 season.

It is an extreme example , and i will be ecstatic if we are even in contention for the 8 next year, but in 2012 Roosters finished 13th and then won the comp the next year after signing Trent Robinson as coach. Didn’t hurt that they also signed Moloney, Jennings and SBW.

Not so much they won the comp but they obviously improved their defense. In 2012 they had the following floggings-

44-4
    50-12
    40-22
    52-14
    42-10

Oh yeah, btw their captain in 2012 was Braith Anasta so at least he was taking from experience when he bagged us today.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 04-08-19 at 04:06 PM.

Titans staring down worst ever season as Roosters romp to 58-6 win

Since coach Garth Brennan’s departure, the Gold Coast have conceded a whopping 124 points in three games and showed little signs of life.

Chris Honnery, The Courier-Mail

Ash Taylor’s return to the NRL has been marred by a 58-6 demolition job to the Roosters in the Gold Coast’s biggest loss in the past three seasons.

The Titans are staring down the barrel of their worst ever season record and the appointment of new coach Justin Holbrook can’t come soon enough for the struggling club.

In front of 9,763 fans at the SCG, the Titans were simply outclassed and outdone by the Roosters who have made a bold statement for this year’s premiership.

Taylor made his much-anticipated return to the NRL after taking two months off to address personal issues and it was a mixed afternoon for the 24-year-old.

He made three errors and failed to kick a penalty over the sideline but he did seem far more confident with the ball in hand.

He was criticised earlier in the season for not running the ball and on Sunday, he took the line on six times for 51 running metres and even managed to break a tackle.

It was always going to be a tough return up against the Roosters but the Titans simply lacked the energy and pace to keep up with the home side to slump to their biggest losing margin since the 54-0 defeat to the Broncos in Round 22, 2017.

The Titans now sit on just four wins for the season and are on track to finish the year with their worst win-loss ratio in club history.

The 2011 Titans finished the year with just six victories and this year’s side face Melbourne, Newcastle and Parramatta in the next five games.

Winning was never entirely expected of the club since punting their former coach Garth Brennan but their attitude had to change.

Since Brennan’s departure, the Gold Coast have conceded a whopping 124 points in three games and showed little signs of life.

Holbrook’s arrival at the club can’t come soon enough for the struggling Titans as they continue to search for a winning culture.

Their loss yesterday was compounded by a hamstring injury to veteran fullback Michael Gordon he suffered in the first half.

There is some light at the end of the tunnel for the hapless Titans, with star forward Jai Arrow on track to return next week.

It took the Roosters just five minutes to open the scoring after fullback James Tedesco sprinted onto an offload to score under the posts.

For the next 15 minutes, it was nothing but the Brett Morris show as the talented Roosters winger crossed on three occasions to bring up 152 NRL tries.

A Daniel Tupou try just before halftime extended their lead out to 28-0 and it didn’t stop there.

The tricolours ran riot in the second stanza, with Tedesco scoring a second, Latrell Mitchell becoming the first player this year to reach 200 points following his double, and youngster Sam Verrills scoring his first try in the NRL.

The Titans were able to get on the board through Ryley Jacks in the 66th minute but did little else to worry the home side.

SYDNEY ROOSTERS 58 (B Morris 3 L Mitchell 2 J Tedesco 2 C Cronk D Tupou S Verrills tries L Mitchell 9 goals) bt GOLD COAST 6 (R Jacks try A Taylor goal) at Sydney Cricket Ground. Referee: Peter Gough, Liam Kennedy. Crowd: 9,763

- - - Updated - - -

You couldn't blame Cartwright, Henry and Brennan if they happened to have a bit of a snicker at the lads leaking 124 points in the last three games.

On a positive, I think Cartwright needs to start. He's about our only creative talent out there. I also agree that Proctor tried his heart out today.

QLD Cup

The back end of the season is when top teams are supposed to peak. With nothing to play for except pride. And no foundation to build on we cant expect much more than this. I suggest we all go on holiday till next year, the players have.

I was thinking along the same lines if we forfeited the remaining games, TB. The club could save money on Stadium rental, we wouldn't concede anymore points for the season, and everyone could have a nice long break and come back fresh. But then it dawned on me the NRL wouldn't allow it due to the media commitments. We're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Wow, that was ordinary.

No doubt Holbrook has his work cut out for him next year.

I really like the Holbrook signing and obviously offseason focus needs to be effort, fitness and defensive structure.

Getting smashed by 50+ feels awful, but i wanted to go back and see if teams can turn it around in the course of 1 season.

It is an extreme example , and i will be ecstatic if we are even in contention for the 8 next year, but in 2012 Roosters finished 13th and then won the comp the next year after signing Trent Robinson as coach. Didn’t hurt that they also signed Moloney, Jennings and SBW.

Not so much they won the comp but they obviously improved their defense. In 2012 they had the following floggings-

44-4
    50-12
    40-22
    52-14
    42-10

Oh yeah, btw their captain in 2012 was Braith Anasta so at least he was taking from experience when he bagged us today.

Good post mate

This result is another reason I am not a fan of calling other teams derogatory names. The Cocks are crowing loud tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    This result is another reason I am not a fan of calling other teams derogatory names. The Cocks are crowing loud tonight.
    The cocks did what cocks are supposed to do I suppose........

Go hard????

Root everything in sight that has a heartbeat would be my guess. Even the Drakes (male ducks) aren't safe from what I've seen.
    Last edited by Toads; 04-08-19 at 07:12 PM.

So. Do we bring in the young guys to give them some NRL experience? Or is putting them into a team in the situation ours is in detrimental to their development??

Inactive User

I’m crook as rookwood and saw none of the game
    Too ill to even watch Tele
    That’s my positive

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Root everything in sight that has a heartbeat would be my guess. Even the Drakes (male ducks) aren't safe from what I've seen.
    I was thinking that they **** pussies and we were a team full of them

Pretty disgraceful effort. Holbrook has alot of work to do in the off season.
    This year will be BLUE Go NSW!

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Prince lost of his shine when Matty Rogers retired. Matty used to make him look good (IMO).