Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I think that's unfairly harsh on Peats, JB. He tackled his guts out yesterday and while he did make errors, that's a reflection of how the team is going as a whole. He hasn't had his best season (or couple of seasons) but he is putting in effort. I believe he will come good again under Holbrook.
    As I've said previously about Peats, yes he has a high work rate, but he also has defensive issues. Up close and personal (just the basic hit-ups) he's able to make tackles, but once things start getting creative around the middle his defensive woes start to show. Add that to the fact he passes in slow motion and only plays half the amount of games per year, I would resign him for half his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Everyone keeps saying that we need leadership from our senior players but our senior players are our biggest liability.
    Couldn't agree more. Our so-called "leaders" and "experienced players" are currently being outplayed by a 19 year old coming off our bench.

Inactive User

Leadership or lack thereof was talked about over the Off season but there was a don’t be negative rule you were only allowed to talk about how wonderful our roster was
    It’s true.

To be competitive and grow maybe we all need to be real about our shortcomings and not sweep them under the carpet.
    I’m loving this brutal list analysis that’s going on at the moment

Holbrook could do a lot worse in getting good info by reading our forum in its current state

He’d be much better off reading the brutal analysis going on in here right now than talking to blokes in the “footy industry”.

Just finished Slater’s book. The Storm way seems to be brutally honest peer appraisals ... there would be a few tears from our lot.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Just finished Slater’s book. The Storm way seems to be brutally honest peer appraisals ... there would be a few tears from our lot.
    Then they'd take a couple of months off full pay and go fossicking with mum and dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    i remember Kearney tried to implement it when he left storm and coached Parra - the sooks couldnt take it, especially Hayne.

Imagine our lot... dear lawd

Rep Player

Late to the party but yesterday is not acceptable in any way shape or form. I could give two ****s who we have out or what we have left to play for but the players should be absolutely disgusted in themselves. Problem is im guessing they arent. So much for playing for contracts. No leadership, a poor club culture and most importantly absolutely missing the mark on all key signings is crippling the club. Praying for some off season magic as we need to clear out 2/3's of our playing roster.

Full respect to Proctor for taking responsibility and fronting up to replace Mal:

Dear Bundy,

I asked Mal Meninga if I could take over his regular Monday message to Members for this week so that I could address you all directly.

I am very thankful to Mal that he agreed to give me the opportunity.

This is a very difficult column to write. But I thought it was important that I, as the team captain on Sunday, talk to our Members about what happened at the Sydney Cricket Ground against the Roosters.

I would like to start by apologising to you, our Members, for the performance of the team on Sunday.

It was unacceptable.

It was not the type of performance that the Titans as a Club, our Members, fans, sponsors, supporters, or the region we represent, deserve.

As a playing group, we were humiliated, embarrassed and appalled at the result and the way that we played as a team.

I know that our Members, who love the Club so much, endured the same emotions.

Supporting the Titans is supposed to be a source of pride and passion. But we players know that there has been very little to be proud about this season, and even less so on Sunday.

It has been a hard year, and you deserve better than the results we have delivered.

Yes, there were factors that contributed to the loss to the Roosters.

Ryan James, Tyrone Roberts, Jai Arrow, AJ Brimson, Shannon Boyd, Keegan Hipgrave and Dale Copley are among the first players picked when fit, but all were missing with injury.

Our fullback, and most experienced player, Michael Gordon only lasted half an hour before he joined them on the sideline with an injured hamstring.

That’s eight of our top players all unavailable because of injury.

Undoubtedly the injury toll was a factor. But it is not an excuse.

The people that love and support this club expect the Titans to do their best every time they play – win, lose or draw – regardless of who is on the field, or who is missing from the team.

What happened on Sunday was nowhere near our best.

I don’t have any explanation for why the game panned out the way it did.

Yes, the Roosters are a terrific team. But we trained well, prepared well, and I thought we were ready to give them a scare.

Instead, it turned into a nightmare for us, our Club and our Members and supporters.

And we’re sorry.

We have five weeks left in this season to redeem ourselves, and repay the faith and patience of our Members and fans by showing the true character of this team and the pride of the individual players that are in it.

This is what will be driving the Titans for the rest of the season.

It is important to us, and we take the responsibility seriously.

We have not, and will not, give up. We are resilient. We are accountable for an unacceptable performance.

We are proud of being Titans, and need to prove to you – our loyal supporters – that we deserve your trust to turn last weekend around.

We will not give up. We hope that you will not give up on us.

Regards,

KEVIN PROCTOR
    TITANS CO-CAPTAIN

- - - Updated - - -

Let’s just hope that they actually put words into action as to me it didn’t look like they had pride in the jersey against the Roosters. We can’t afford to give up this season, yes we are all counting down the days until the end of 2019 but the players should still be playing to avoid the spoon and to give us members something to take half pride in.

Dragons next week. Not exactly setting the world on fire. Lets see what these words mean. Not expecting anything personally. Even when you have no expectations of this team they let you down.

Still say Mal has a lot to answer for. Everyone keeps saying that our performance and culture is the worst it's ever been and there is a bloke collecting a wage whose title is literally Head of Performance and Culture.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Dragons next week. Not exactly setting the world on fire. Lets see what these words mean. Not expecting anything personally. Even when you have no expectations of this team they let you down.

Still say Mal has a lot to answer for. Everyone keeps saying that our performance and culture is the worst it's ever been and there is a bloke collecting a wage whose title is literally Head of Performance and Culture.
    Amen to both statements there. All year we’ve heard “we will turn it around, stick with us” and yet last week shows that it looks like they don’t care and just want mad Monday to come. Enough sh*t talk and actually start ripping in for once. And Mal has done nothing and seems like the players aren’t intimidated by him at all (thought for sure that would be his strength but nope). Not even the Australian coach can scare these sooks

FFS! He laments that many 'top' players were unavailable and then says that's not an excuse! Why even mention it then?
    We had 17. They had 17. They turned up to play. Our guys turned up to make sure they got paid.
    Show some damn passion on the field. Don't giggle and laugh when errors are made. Don't come off at the end of the game all smiley.

Good point, Boonarga. I'll probably have to watch it again. But I didn't notice any of our guys own that loss on Sunday arvo. Not one bowed head or dropped to the ground disappointed in themselves (that I noticed). Most seemed to leave the field without owning that dismal performance. Kinda gives way, showing that we really do have a problem with our culture.

And, yes. It was a good segment on Ch9, Bundy. Even enjoyed the bit that Gould mentioned about the Drongoes, with all their resources they haven't won a premiership in 13 years. Which in the scope of things doesn't make them look any better than ourselves.

Stick that in ya pipe and smoke it, Drongo fans.

Roosters weren’t at full strength either. It’s very nice to have such scripted pieces emailed to us but talk about pulling the wool over our eyes .... baaaaa baaaa (in Chinese ba-ba literally means “sh1t”). As an aside, my son gets great pleasure ordering a ba-ba burger at Grill’d then telling anyone listening that he’s having a sh1t sandwich.

Meninga was an imposing player but never the sharpest knife in the kitchen ... have we all forgotten his comments during the Stupid League stoush? “League has done nothing for me”. What a tosser.
    Last edited by Titanic; 05-08-19 at 10:41 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

He said Boyd, Hipgrave and Copley are among the first players picked. That seems to indicate a problem right there.

Agree with everything you said JB. Joke of a club at the moment.

Inactive User

The Heat is now firmly on Meninga. The forum has focussed in on him.
    Well he needs to not squib it and grab the whistle, not watch Training from the sideline tent or from behind the posts but be dead centre running the show in no uncertain terms.

Let him and the players take total ownership for these 6 weeks.
    Hodges and Burt can carry the equipment and mix the drinks.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    The Heat is now firmly on Meninga. The forum has focussed in on him.
    Well he needs to not squib it and grab the whistle, not watch Training from the sideline tent or from behind the posts but be dead centre running the show in no uncertain terms.

Let him and the players take total ownership for these 6 weeks.
    Hodges and Burt can carry the equipment and mix the drinks.
    The fact is Meninga is paid to do a job and get results in improving performance and culture. He has been a failure todate and the club has gone backwards.

He needs to perform and if not shown the door by the owners.

We want a results driven club where everyone is accountable for their performance irrespective of who they are.