Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Yeah well, they made short work of us, and probably had plenty to spare after they went through us.

Quote Originally Posted by Smakked View Post
    Pretty disgraceful effort. Holbrook has alot of work to do in the off season.
    There was a silly article on NRL.com about the work Holbrook has to do. Surely with us looking like garbage there is more room for improvement, making his job easier if anything. We can't get worse, right?

Even Greg Bird is angry about the performance...
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/news/super-...d=Social-NRLFS

Anyway, enough of the bull**** from the club. Our club has come out and made a direct commitment to us all that if the players aren't buying into the clubs ethos then they will go. Yesterday we had the majority of the team putting their hand up and saying to the club "Do your worst". So lets see what the club does now with these no hopers. Knights had the balls to say to Ramien "Don't come back, negotiate elsewhere". Time for the club to put up or shut up. Make it public, make it embarrassing, Come Tuesday at the very least, drop the players that deserve to be dropped (I realise by doing this we can't field a team). Mals email today is another waste of data even if it is 6KB. Sick of the talk, start shaming these wankers and let them know it's not just veil threats.

Well said, JB. These slackers have run out of excuses, Brennan has been gone for 3 weeks now. It's all on their shoulders. The Fans and the RL world is watching.

Cheers, Boonarga. Good to hear Birdy is peeved as well. But I think you mightve linked the wrong article, I got the big all in brawl instead.

Im still a bit dirty we didn't give Birdy the send off he deserved. Many hold a dim view of him, but at least he bought into the club and tried to get others to do the same.

Rep Player

Out of curiosity, who do we think needs to be shown the door and why?

For me, Stockwell is the obvious choice as he offers absolutely nothing. Peachey can piss right off. Don's time is up as he doesn't offer what we need from a modern winger. Sami looks lazy and stupid so he can go. Same for Brenko. Ryley Jacks is an absolute nuffie so he's cut. Sam Stone appears to offer nothing in attack, though to be fair his playmakers aren't exactly setting him up and he did make 43 tackles (2 missed).

Apart from that, I'm not sure who else we can cut. Mo and Wallace have probably been our best all season. Whitbread has been steady and shows a lot of potential imo. Peats (60 tackles) and Proctor (111 m / 33 tackles) put in on the weekend so they get a stay of execution. Ash is only 1 game back so I can't justify dropping him yet, though he didn't look to be taking it seriously and was laughing/grimacing after errors like that show-n-go knock on which ticked me right off. Kelly can stay as he has been one of our few shining lights this year. Watkins needs more opportunities and I think will be solid for us next year.

What I wanna see against the Dragons this week is:

1. AJ
    2. Gordon (if healthy)
    3. Watkins
    4. Kelly
    5. Copley if healthy, else Sami (who else do we even have? Kea Pere? Spry?)
    6. Boyd
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Peats
    10. Mo
    11. Proctor
    12. Carty
    13. Arrow

14. Rein
    15. Hipgrave (as a middle)
    16. Whitbread
    17. Stone

Not pretty but I reckon is the best 17 we can put up.

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Cheers, Boonarga. Good to hear Birdy is peeved as well. But I think you mightve linked the wrong article, I got the big all in brawl instead.

Im still a bit dirty we didn't give Birdy the send off he deserved. Many hold a dim view of him, but at least he bought into the club and tried to get others to do the same.
    I think he’s the one in the picture about to punch the bloke under him.

so maybe Garth was a Genius keeping these floggings at bay for as long as he did with this group.

sad reflection on the playing group and i feel sorry for Hodges.

Most of the team should be embarrassed to look Wallace or Mo in the eyes.

id say blood some rookies but that would be so unfair for the rookies to have to come in and deal with team mates like this, a bit like Watkins has had to. i hope the guys who are taking the piss enjoy there last 5 games or whatever, and id say don't let the door hit them on the vagine on the way out, but that would be too big an insult to the local GC ladies teams who have more heart in their pinkies than this mob have in their bodies

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    Well said, JB. These slackers have run out of excuses, Brennan has been gone for 3 weeks now. It's all on their shoulders. The Fans and the RL world is watching.
    This could have huge ramifications. Dead set if I was Holbrook I'd be questioning my decision, asking for more money or burning my contract. Arrow would be thinking, do I stay loyal or go and win a premiership elsewhere and earn the same money.

Willhelm, who do we think needs to be shown the door and why?

Arthurs is going to the Broncos but I'd play him over the rest of our back line
    Shannon Boyd (2022) Free to negotiate and would pay for him to leave. Offers nothing when he is fit which is minimal. Getting up there with the clubs worst signings but that is a long list.
    Cartwright (2021) free to negotiate. Not sure what to do with him anymore. Doesn't look like KP is giving up his right side.
    Copley (2020) free to negotiate and won't be renewed. Broken all the time. Lifts for 1 game every 2 seasons
    Don (2020) on minimum wage so good as a back up. Hopefully only for 1 or 2 games a season
    Gordon is retiring
    Jacks (2019) see ya
    Hipgrave (2020) another broken player and so young. Free to negotiate
    Latu (2020) Free to negotiate. Useless after being given chance after chance to prove otherwise
    Lee, see ya
    Matthews Good Bye
    Peachey hope the Panthers deal is done
    Peats (2020) Free to negotiate. Better off chasing someone younger and hungrier (NZFAN).
    Sami (2020) can we find a centre wing that can defend???????? If he wants to go I wouldn't stop him
    Stockwell hahahahaha
    Ash I'd be pulling a Bulldogs and offer to pay half his wage
    Sam Stone fringe player thrown in the deep end. Is sinking.

Leaves James, Mofo, Rein, Proctor, Wallace, Whitbread, Arrow, Farmer, Roberts, Spry, Tannah Boyd, Pere???, Watkins, Kelly, AJ, Don.

QLD Cup

This is the bit that annoys me the most.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/05/...story-beckons/

Throughout the whole year it has been the senior guys that have been making the most mistakes. Don was atrocious last night (again) with his defensive reads and Peats was dropping balls and missing tackles. On top of that we regularly have Gordon gets getting run around or over as our last line of defence, Roberts making poor decisions and missing crucial tackles and Copley either flying out of the line and missing his man or hobbling off injured.

Everyone keeps saying that we need leadership from our senior players but our senior players are our biggest liability. Yeah Stockwell is an absolute plodder and Jacks doesn't seem to be able to create anything but they aren't the ones who are losing us the matches. Go back and watch from this year and in particular the last month, most of the tries have been conceded by our senior players.

JB Roberts would be on peanuts, I'd be paying as much as his wage to get rid of him also.

Probably the third article I've read with direct quotes from Peats saying senior players need to step up and talk is cheap its time for action. Maybe he should stick to being funny on twitter because that's where his talents end.

Rep Player

I think that's unfairly harsh on Peats, JB. He tackled his guts out yesterday and while he did make errors, that's a reflection of how the team is going as a whole. He hasn't had his best season (or couple of seasons) but he is putting in effort. I believe he will come good again under Holbrook.

I thought he was outplayed by a kid who was playing his 2nd NRL game as his opposite number.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I thought he was outplayed by a kid who was playing his 2nd NRL game as his opposite number.
    Sure he was, but it’s a team sport and how well the team is going determines how well each individual is going. I don’t think a direct 1:1 comparison gives the full picture.