Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I just saw it and I hated it. Our club leaders continue to say things that upset and give anxiety to us true GC Titans fans.

https://twitter.com/9newsgoldcoast/s...105817602?s=12
    I must have missed some of it on the news. I heard his comment about the name and he said something along the lines that our boundaries stretch beyond the Gold Coast i.e. northern NSW. However I didn't hear his comments about moving games away from Robina. I don't pay close attention anymore to Titans stories on the GC channel 9 news - it sort of loses appeal when they still run the pre story advert "that in 2019 we are ready". They should change that, because we weren't ready and are still not ready.

Rep Player

I just saw it and I hated it. Our club leaders continue to say things that upset and give anxiety to us true GC Titans fans.

https://twitter.com/9newsgoldcoast/s...105817602?s=12
    I can see why you’re concerned Bods but to put an optimistic spin on it I believe he was saying that our catchment area is more than just the Gold Coast as we also cover Northern NSW and Toowoomba. Perhaps even Ipswich. He’s trying to expand the catchment area for what can be considered a Titans “local junior” in the public’s minds. I agree that it sounds bad when he says he’s not sure that the Gold Coast name reflects the area we represent but we also didn’t hear the context of the question he was responding to. I can’t see them changing the branding anytime soon.

Regarding the moving games from Cbus comment, he said that they can knock the 8 games idea on the head. He said that we already take one away from home for Magic Round and that they may consider one more, so two total. Not worth hitting the panic button over and I can see it being a good commercial move in the interim until the club is more financially viable.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I can see why you’re concerned Bods but to put an optimistic spin on it I believe he was saying that our catchment area is more than just the Gold Coast as we also cover Northern NSW and Toowoomba. Perhaps even Ipswich. He’s trying to expand the catchment area for what can be considered a Titans “local junior” in the public’s minds. I agree that it sounds bad when he says he’s not sure that the Gold Coast name reflects the area we represent but we also didn’t hear the context of the question he was responding to. I can’t see them changing the branding anytime soon.

Regarding the moving games from Cbus comment, he said that they can knock the 8 games idea on the head. He said that we already take one away from home for Magic Round and that they may consider one more, so two total. Not worth hitting the panic button over and I can see it being a good commercial move in the interim until the club is more financially viable.
    Thanks for the alternative view. I’ll sleep a bit better. The original GC Team was Gold Coast-Tweed Giants.
    Could handle the name Gold Coast-Tweed again for sure.

In regards to home games I am non-negotiable on that one.

Good call willhelm and could be the media trying to spin it but was really concerning to hear him say that.

The most worrying comment was the first one where he said “I’m not strong on the Gold Coast name”. That’s hard to spin...
    Last edited by BundyTitan; 24-07-19 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    He said that we already take one away from home to Suncorp for Magic Round and that they may consider one more......
    It always starts with one.

Rep Player

Always? Is there a long history of teams moving more and more home games prior to (implied) relocation that I’m unaware of?

Take the games to wherever the club will make a profit.

I wouldn't actually mind the club taking say 1 or 2 games to Suncorp and 1 game to either Sunny Coast or one of the Northern NSW towns. Just to grow the club and earn some extra profit. Just as long as they aren't taking any more than that away or re branding us.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    I wouldn't actually mind the club taking say 1 or 2 games to Suncorp and 1 game to either Sunny Coast or one of the Northern NSW towns. Just to grow the club and earn some extra profit. Just as long as they aren't taking any more than that away or re branding us.
    Doubt I’ll continue my membership if we are taking games away from the GC and just taking the p**s with the name Gold Coast.
    We either are Gold Coast or not.
    I despise greatly this moving game stuff.

Doubt I’ll continue my membership if we are taking games away from the GC and just taking the p**s with the name Gold Coast.
    We either are Gold Coast or not.
    I despise greatly this moving game stuff.
    Yeah but mate eventually you've gotta start thinking about what can make the club more viable and we can earn a lot more money to keep us financially afloat too. No one is saying take every game away but 1 or 2 a year won't hurt to grow the club.

Rabbitohs take games to Cairns or Perth (and recently Sunshine Coast this year), Bulldogs take a game to NZ, Eels and Panthers take games to Darwin. And there's more that do it too

Inactive User

1 for Drongoe Idiot “magic” round
    And 1 somewhere else is my absolute limit

Rep Player

Yeah but mate eventually you've gotta start thinking about what can make the club more viable and we can earn a lot more money to keep us financially afloat too. No one is saying take every game away but 1 or 2 a year won't hurt to grow the club.

Rabbitohs take games to Cairns or Perth (and recently Sunshine Coast this year), Bulldogs take a game to NZ, Eels and Panthers take games to Darwin. And there's more that do it too
    Yep, I agree. First step is to make the club financially viable before we get to be choosers.

QLD Cup

Would be nice if they could take one to Darwin as thats where I'm living at the moment. Didn't we take one to Tamworth this year as well as the magic round? That's enough isn't it. You have to cater for your core supporter base first. There's a lot of people on the coast that have been through thick and thin supporting the club. It's unfair on them to take games away from them. If they want to get more supporters they need to start winning it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Would be nice if they could take one to Darwin as thats where I'm living at the moment. Didn't we take one to Tamworth this year as well as the magic round? That's enough isn't it. You have to cater for your core supporter base first. There's a lot of people on the coast that have been through thick and thin supporting the club. It's unfair on them to take games away from them. If they want to get more supporters they need to start winning it's that simple.
    Nah that Tamworth game was a Tigers home game that they took there. Which further proves the point. I agree you can't take too many away, that would be absolutely craziness and you may as well relocate us with that. But surely 1 or 2 couldn't hurt as almost every club does it. They could always bring one to Bundaberg for me

Inactive User

Go to years and years of watching us struggle and stumping up money to keep our club alive
    Then take games away from us

Thanks a lot guys
    Great stuff