Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 78
  1. #16

    Default

    Well done titans. A statement had to be put out ASAP



    Gold Coast Titans Executive Chairman Dennis Watt has dismissed reports that the Club is discussing plans to rebrand and relocate to Brisbane.

    “For the benefit of Titans Members, fans and sponsors, here are the facts: We are the Gold Coast Titans, and that is how we will stay,” Watt said.

    “The Gold Coast is our city, and we are here to stay to proudly represent our community.

    “The Gold Coast and Northern Rivers region has a long and proud history with rugby league stretching back to the game’s roots in this country. We are custodians of the game in our region, and passionate supporters of rugby league and our community.

    “We are not moving anywhere, nor are we changing our name or ownership.

    “We are committed to the Gold Coast, as evidenced in our current negotiations for an early conversion of our five-year extension on our lease at Parkwood, and our development application for the Titans Community Club, which is currently before Council.

    “We are regularly approached by good people who want to help the Titans reach their full and successful potential, and we appreciate their support of the Club.

    “But while we never stop listening to interesting proposals, and will always keep an open mind about possibilities to grow and strengthen the Titans, the possibility of restructuring, relocating and rebranding the Club has not been contemplated.

    “Yesterday’s media speculation is incorrect.“

  2. #17
    One Clubman JunctionBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Coomera
    Posts
    3,411

    Default

    Just saw the email. Exactly what was needed. Channel 9 and the local media won't cover this though. Just want headlines.

  3. #18
    Captain Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    2,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Well done titans. A statement had to be put out ASAP



    Gold Coast Titans Executive Chairman Dennis Watt has dismissed reports that the Club is discussing plans to rebrand and relocate to Brisbane.

    “For the benefit of Titans Members, fans and sponsors, here are the facts: We are the Gold Coast Titans, and that is how we will stay,” Watt said.

    “The Gold Coast is our city, and we are here to stay to proudly represent our community.

    “The Gold Coast and Northern Rivers region has a long and proud history with rugby league stretching back to the game’s roots in this country. We are custodians of the game in our region, and passionate supporters of rugby league and our community.

    “We are not moving anywhere, nor are we changing our name or ownership.

    “We are committed to the Gold Coast, as evidenced in our current negotiations for an early conversion of our five-year extension on our lease at Parkwood, and our development application for the Titans Community Club, which is currently before Council.

    “We are regularly approached by good people who want to help the Titans reach their full and successful potential, and we appreciate their support of the Club.

    “But while we never stop listening to interesting proposals, and will always keep an open mind about possibilities to grow and strengthen the Titans, the possibility of restructuring, relocating and rebranding the Club has not been contemplated.

    “Yesterday’s media speculation is incorrect.“
    Excellent. Nipped in the bud
    GAGF Ribot/Johns, Drongoes Hate Media, ch9 Brisbane and the GC Graveyard Lemmings in general

  4. #19
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,295

    Default

    I'll never forget or forgive what John Ribot and his Super League did to the sport. He is the last person who should be involved in this club.

    There are room for more teams in Queensland but the Titans must stay put. They must also service northern NSW, something I can't see happening effectively from Brisbane.

    The "Last Stand" comment was very poor and ill judged.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  5. #20
    One Clubman JunctionBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Coomera
    Posts
    3,411

    Default

    So what do you do as a responsible journalist when the rumours you reported on are down and out quashed? Do you print a retraction? No, you start the article with the quote from the horses mouth quashing the rumour but then double down again with a fresh rumour and end the article repeating the rumour that has quashed. Congratulations leeches.

    NRL 2019 | Gold Coast Titans hit back at relocation rumours
    The Gold Coast Titans have hit back at claims they’re set to move but a report says there is some truth to the rumour.

    Andrew McMurtry@AndrewMcMurtry news.com.auJULY 18, 20196:20PM

    Reports of the Gold Coast Titans moving to Brisbane have been slammed by Titans executive chairman Dennis Watt.

    Channel 9 reported last night former Melbourne bosses John Ribot and Chris Johns were set to lead the charge to relocate the Titans to become Brisbane’s second NRL side.

    But the rumours have been slammed as “incorrect” with Watt reaffirming the side would remain the Gold Coast Titans.

    “For the benefit of Titans Members, fans and sponsors, here are the facts: We are the Gold Coast Titans, and that is how we will stay,” Watt said.

    “The Gold Coast is our city, and we are here to stay to proudly represent our community.

    “The Gold Coast and Northern Rivers region has a long and proud history with rugby league stretching back to the game’s roots in this country. We are custodians of the game in our region, and passionate supporters of rugby league and our community.

    “We are not moving anywhere, nor are we changing our name or ownership.

    “We are committed to the Gold Coast, as evidenced in our current negotiations for an early conversion of our five-year extension on our lease at Parkwood, and our development application for the Titans Community Club, which is currently before Council.

    “We are regularly approached by good people who want to help the Titans reach their full and successful potential, and we appreciate their support of the club.

    “But while we never stop listening to interesting proposals, and will always keep an open mind about possibilities to grow and strengthen the Titans, the possibility of restructuring, relocating and rebranding the club has not been contemplated.”

    While the permanent move to Brisbane has been publicly quashed, there may be some truth the decision to move.

    On Triple M’s The Big Breakfast with Marto, Robin and Nick Cody, Ben Dobbin reported the side would move to Brisbane to play two NRL games “hopefully a year”.

    It’s a move to “increase revenue” Dobbin reported with the move likened to teams taking games interstate or to regional areas.

    Get your 14 day FREE trial of Kayo Sports and live stream the 2019 NRL Premiership Season. Every match of every round, live and on demand in HD on your TV or favourite device. Or catch up with Kayo Mini’s the next morning.

    On Nine News sports editor Cameron Williams reported on Wednesday night that there was a “top secret” plan to shift the side north and change the name.

    “Some rugby league heavy-hitters are involved in a top secret plan to transform the Gold Coast Titans into Brisbane’s second rugby league team,” Williams said.

    “Nine news understands up to eight Titans games a season would be played in Brisbane at Suncorp Stadium under a new name.

    “Super League heavyweights and former Melbourne Storm bosses John Ribot and Chris Johns are said to be involved.”

    On The Sunday Footy Show last week, NSW Blues coach Brad Fittler savaged the club and proposed the move north.

    “Are the Gold Coast a chance of moving a little bit north? Ipswich?” Fittler asked on The Sunday Footy Show.

    “Why wouldn’t the Gold Coast be the second Brisbane team? There’s 4,000 people turn up to watch them each week. Let’s not call it a success.

    “They had a couple of good years at the start, without a doubt, and they played semi-finals. But it’s far from a success.”

    Phil Gould also said the club had “failed over a long period of time to establish what kind of club it is”.

    The Titans have an average home crowd of 11,206, the second lowest in the NRL.

    The speculation of a move has ramped up after Garth Brennan was fired by the Titans.

    Watt said the sacking and new coach search was the Titans’ “last stand”.

    With plenty of candidates putting their hand up, rugby league great Peter Sterling said Brennan’s sacking was a disappointment.

    “I was hoping that he would have success,” Sterling said on Macquarie Sports Radio’s Halftime with James Willis. “I think a number of players did let him down.

    “I thought they would be an improving side this year with some of the imports that they brought in. He had and has got plenty to offer as a first-grade coach. When that next opportunity arises he’d probably be more credentialed.”

  6. #21
    Captain Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    2,584

    Default

    Win on Sunday and this garbage goes away for a little while

  7. #22

    Default

    They already play magic round in brisbane and the double header vs manly and bronx storm. 2 games in brissy a year. Dobbos a deadset flog

  8. #23
    Captain Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    2,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    They already play magic round in brisbane and the double header vs manly and bronx storm. 2 games in brissy a year. Dobbos a deadset flog
    Yeah he’s such a tool. I’m sick to death of these Brisbane flogs like Dobbo, Badel, even King Wally who meddle in our business.

  9. #24
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,295

    Default

    Fittler isn't qualified to make fun of Titans crowds. Especially so inaccurately. I mean look at the Roosters crowds over the years.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  10. #25
    Administrator DIEHARD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Brisbane / HK
    Posts
    35,295

    Default

    For people interested in some comments from the general NRL community. Check this out. https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/t...titans.476805/

    I'm on page 3 and the idea is being roundly ridiculed. And of course we are copping it for being a basket case. I've chipped in some comments as a proud Brisbane boy and Titans member since 2007.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 19-07-19 at 01:50 PM.

    Originally Posted by Moejoe
    REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!

    Member: TITANS, DIEHARDS, LONDON BRONCOS, WEST COAST PIRATES, HKRL
    NUTS

  11. #26
    Rep Player gotitans101_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wide Bay QLD
    Posts
    1,579

    Default

    When is our next Channel 9 game? It'd be a good time to give that stooge Fittler a piece of mind.

  12. #27
    Captain Toads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    2,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Dobbos a deadset flog
    Cameron Williams makes a great sidekick for Dobbo, he's been rubbishing us for years as well. Mostly likely these two tools come up with this nonsense.
    Don't take life too seriously, nobody makes it out alive.

  13. #28

    Default

    Okay did anyone else see Nine News tonight? I’m very concerned after hearing Kelly said “I’m not strong on the Titans name” and “I don’t think the Gold Cost represents who we are”.....WHAT

  14. #29
    Captain Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    2,584

    Default

    No...been trying to find it but no luck yet

  15. #30
    Captain Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    2,584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Okay did anyone else see Nine News tonight? I’m very concerned after hearing Kelly said “I’m not strong on the Titans name” and “I don’t think the Gold Cost represents who we are”.....WHAT
    I just saw it and I hated it. Our club leaders continue to say things that upset and give anxiety to us true GC Titans fans.

    https://twitter.com/9newsgoldcoast/s...105817602?s=12


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew