Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    I think putting latu in the team is a death knell for him. It will be a perform or perish situation. Because honestly, he is just taking up cap space and a top 30 spot in the squad.
    This is what worries me about offering him a chance. He doesn't deserve it. Next year is his last contracted year and we should be moving heaven and earth to move him to SL, not giving him a chance to perform in a couple of games so he isn't moved on prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    This is what worries me about offering him a chance. He doesn't deserve it. Next year is his last contracted year and we should be moving heaven and earth to move him to SL, not giving him a chance to perform in a couple of games so he isn't moved on prematurely.
    Agree, but he's going to have to be man of the match for that to happen. Can't really see that happening despite Bodsie's observations. He's been on the gravy train too long.

Just a question do the Super League have rule re the certain amount of NRL games a player has to play to be eligible to go to SL ? Maybe Latu / Stockwell getting there games up ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

I’ll probably go again tomorrow to training but it will be the last one I can attend this season.
    Yesterday the lads had no idea who was going to be picked.
    Tomorrow now the team is picked I want to see if the same quality and spirit right across the squad (picked in NRL or not) is applied again.
    There’s no doubt that the Storm efforts at training will be professional. So what I saw on Tuesday needs to be as good or even better.

I still think the quality is there in our roster for a Coach who can actually Coach to get consistent wins.
    Time for these overpaid blokes to do what the rest of us that live here do everyday

Work hard
    Play hard
    Enjoy and appreciate our environment
    And Have pride in what we do

I have no doubt all of you blokes live that way
    We produce so many world class people across all endeavours academic, cultural, individual sports

It’s time our team sportsmen get with the program

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Just a question do the Super League have rule re the certain amount of NRL games a player has to play to be eligible to go to SL ? Maybe Latu / Stockwell getting there games up ??
    Yes I do believe that there is a minimum number of NRL games in that season they have to play to fulfil the visa criteria.
    Essentially they have to be regular first graders to qualify for a visa. I remember this being a sticking point in the discussion around Mannah when it looked like he was leaving the Eels.

https://www.visalogic.net/uk/visa-re...y-league/4/170
    Last edited by ozynorts; 17-07-19 at 11:33 AM.

Some appreciated honesty from Craig about the teams performances in this article. Tired of hearing the same thing every week so found some of this a bit refreshing.

Gold Coast Titans co-coach Craig Hodges talks about NRL team changes for Melbourne Storm clash
    Connor O’Brien, @obrien_GCB, Gold Coast Bulletin

Hodges said all aspects are under the microscope as to what can be improved.

“The cold hard facts are that we haven’t been getting the performances that we wanted so if we just stuck with what we were doing it’s probably insanity to think that we are going to get any change,” he said.

“There’s a few things that have been changed: We have changed some personnel, we have changed a little bit of the style and technique we are going to play, we have changed some of the mentality, we have changed a little bit of the way we train.

“We have added some young guys to have a look at them at the back part of the year to see how they stand up moving forward and we’ve given some guys an opportunity that haven’t had much opportunity during the year again to see what they bring to the team.”

Hodges added he and Burt will continue to select teams with the future in mind: “Yeah absolutely and there will potentially be more of that to come.

“Maybe the team doesn’t need more skill and experience at the moment, maybe the team needs some energy and enthusiasm and they certainly bring that, these young guys.”

“To start with, we require more effort. That simply hasn’t been there and I know that sounds poor for an NRL side but that’s why we are where we are,” he said.

“We have tweaked some stuff that we think can work a little bit better and can suit the actual personnel that we have got in the side a little bit better.

“First impressions are that it went down well with the playing group, they seemed excited by it and they threw themselves into it feet first so we’ll see what sort of response we can get from it.”

breath of fresh air that article

Is Hipgrave injured?

Inactive User

Is Hipgrave injured?
    Yes but I don’t know what the injury is
    He looks fit as a fiddle

Is Hipgrave injured?
    Wish we kept Burr over Hipgrave. I was a huge critic of Burr when he was here but he's slotted into the Warriors side really well.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Wish we kept Burr over Hipgrave. I was a huge critic of Burr when he was here but he's slotted into the Warriors side really well.
    Seems to have got the whole dropping the ball every second hit up out of his game.

Burr left 4-5 years ago or something didn't he? We could only make decisions based on how he was performing, not what he would do after spending a few years at canterbury and then at warriors.

He is essentially the Warriors version of Arrow, but less injured.

Good article, like what I am hearing. Seems to back up what Bods saw at training.

Inactive User

Training today was pretty tense when it needed to be. Could have been a bit crisper. There were a couple of guys not here that surprised me as I’m not aware they have an injury
    One player who is outside of the 17 left with I think a hamstring issue. Probably won’t be playing QCup now.

Hodges very much the boss
    Mal is going around having individual chats and seems to have a calming affect

You can tell some of our players are pretty angry and others probably don’t quite have their head around where we are at

All in all I’m looking forward to Sunday but won’t be placing a wager

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Training today was pretty tense when it needed to be. Could have been a bit crisper. There were a couple of guys not here that surprised me as I’m not aware they have an injury
    One player who is outside of the 17 left with I think a hamstring issue. Probably won’t be playing QCup now.

Hodges very much the boss
    Mal is going around having individual chats and seems to have a calming affect

You can tell some of our players are pretty angry and others probably don’t quite have their head around where we are at

All in all I’m looking forward to Sunday but won’t be placing a wager
    i imagine Hodges is much more advanced as he has coached teams before whereas Burt is more a support to coaches i think so this makes sense i think. Hope they have a great relationship and make the most of this time in charge.

how do you mean angry / dont have head around? interesting