Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Watching Manly's game yesterday you can definitely see the clear difference that it makes when you chase kicks. A couple of people on here mentioned that it was poor from us over the weekend but the fact is that has been happening all year and most of last. It is a real pet peeve of mine when players don't chase hard and I reckon that is how Brennan coached them - to take the safe option and hold a flat line. Tat tactic really gets you nowhere though. Better off competing and putting pressure on the opposition players
    Totally. I miss bull Bailey and all the 1% w/o r k he would put in.

Inactive User

It just sucks being us. There is no fix. It’s entirely up to our players now to get us out of this S**t Sandwich.
    From what I can tell our club and coaching staff can not do anything more to help and resource them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Watching Manly's game yesterday you can definitely see the clear difference that it makes when you chase kicks. A couple of people on here mentioned that it was poor from us over the weekend but the fact is that has been happening all year and most of last. It is a real pet peeve of mine when players don't chase hard and I reckon that is how Brennan coached them - to take the safe option and hold a flat line. Tat tactic really gets you nowhere though. Better off competing and putting pressure on the opposition players
    I’ve been frustrated with our kick chase all year. Now from watching our team yesterday more closely I’m convinced that it’s deliberate that the coach wants us to run in a flat line and sacrifice pressure.
    Fullbacks and wingers must love playing us.

without trawling through all the threads, how come Watkins hasn't played yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Irregs16 View Post
    corrected to visa issues ... the injury is to my heartlidge
    Last edited by Titanic; 23-07-19 at 06:06 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

I heard visa issues, not entirely sure

Yeah Visa issues and trying to sort it out. Says he will play as soon as it is resolved

Quote Originally Posted by Irregs16 View Post
    Yep, visa issues and a local MP has now come out saying it needs to be fast tracked. Not sure why we rushed him over here when he couldn't play. He missed out on his send off in the UK because of this.

Rep Player

I think the trade deadline was preventing that anyway, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I think the trade deadline was preventing that anyway, JB.
    Very good point you make. Seems like it's been a double failure. We pay and can't play him and he misses out on a send off from a crowd that has appreciated him.

Anyone get more than two paragraphs past Mals email on Monday?

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Anyone get more than two paragraphs past Mals email on Monday?
    It got slightly better but at the start I really couldn't believe what I was reading. I was thinking of posting it here but I just deleted it instead. After reading it I felt more depressed rather than uplifted. Maybe Mal doesn't get it either, but then again he has only been exposed to 6 months of this crap and not years like most of us.

Inactive User

Mal just reiterated everything Hodges said in post game interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    For me the last 8 rounds are about finding out exactly what we have and I am hope we will rotate players through for the rest of the year.

From our squad, those who have it-

AJ
    Kelly
    Arrow
    Wallace (not a star but last 5 weeks has given effort and happy for him to be a forward option)
    Taylor (lot to prove, but near his best definite keeper)
    James
    Mo
    Whitbread (really impressed with energy and workload)

Those who don't-

Peachey
    Stockwell
    Lee
    Roberts
    Jacks
    Boyd (Shannon)
    Matthews

Servicable, but could definitely upgrade-

Peats
    Rein
    Copley
    Don
    Proctor

Want to see more of-

Stone (worked hard today)
    Tanah Boyd
    Callum Watkins
    Spry
    Latu

Undecided-

Cartwright
    Hipgrave
    ooh i was almost 100% on board with every single player till i saw cartright. i have him in the keep category personally but otherwise the list is perfect from my persepective