Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

For me the last 8 rounds are about finding out exactly what we have and I am hope we will rotate players through for the rest of the year.

From our squad, those who have it-

AJ
    Kelly
    Arrow
    Wallace (not a star but last 5 weeks has given effort and happy for him to be a forward option)
    Taylor (lot to prove, but near his best definite keeper)
    James
    Mo
    Whitbread (really impressed with energy and workload)

Those who don't-

Peachey
    Stockwell
    Lee
    Roberts
    Jacks
    Boyd (Shannon)
    Matthews

Servicable, but could definitely upgrade-

Peats
    Rein
    Copley
    Don
    Proctor

Want to see more of-

Stone (worked hard today)
    Tanah Boyd
    Callum Watkins
    Spry
    Latu

Undecided-

Cartwright
    Hipgrave
    Last edited by Ausphin; 21-07-19 at 03:09 PM.

Immortal

Good to see Hodges call out the fact that players today simply did not do their jobs and that the effort was no good enough in relation to chasing kicks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Good to see Hodges call out the fact that players today simply did not do their jobs and that the effort was no good enough in relation to chasing kicks etc.
    Finally putting some onus back onto the players and making them accountable

Inactive User

In the AFL this year there has been 3 coach sackings and the players have immediately responded with complete form and enthusiasm reversals

We got only about ten mins and they then lost their endeavour

I’m out of ideas.
    Good Luck Hodges and Meninga with this lot.
    Maybe try hypnosis???

Maybe actually dropping players will change things

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Maybe actually dropping players will change things
    He did though, otherwise we wouldn’t have had Gordon, Lee, Stone and Latu playing today

QLD Cup

I was pretty damn disappointed from what I saw from Sami today. I wouldn't keep a single winger that we have if it was up to me. Thought Latu was much improved from the little of what we have seen so far

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I was pretty damn disappointed from what I saw from Sami today. I wouldn't keep a single winger that we have if it was up to me. Thought Latu was much improved from the little of what we have seen so far
    To be frank I haven't seen much in Sami at any time. We were so pathetic again today I don't really mean to specifically disagree with your comment on Latu but I thought he was fat and has obviously not worked hard while playing QCup. What a joke signing he is.

To add to what others have said about the players and who we should keep, the only obvious ones for me are AJ, Kelly, Arrow and Mo. The rest should be told to negotiate if they can do better. To watch the Storm blokes run hard today at gaps was great to watch, as bad as it was for us. Our blokes are an uncommitted rabble. I also cannot fathom why Gordon didn't just play FB and push AJ into the halves. Jacks has not offered one thing in any game I have seen, in fact he is the invisible man.
    I cannot wait for the season and my membership to end.

First Grader

We know the players we have are not good enough. Give every other kid a crack in the 30 man squad. Lets see whos decent, who we can work with. Move forward with, and who we can move on.

I wanna see guys like spry and Boyd given a go, jacks is useless and Roberts is average at best and should not be in our long term plans lettalone captain. I'd be playing him off the bench till he leaves like when Henry was coach

GCTTSD , if Roberts left , Ash wouldn’t cope. WAIT !!!! , we could get rid of both of them

Glad I didn’t waste one minute of my time watching.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Me either Titanic. Thank god I am overseas and away from the mess

QLD Cup

I knew that at 12 up we were in for a flogging. Our best strategy is to lull the opposition into a false sense of security then have us score a few quick points at the end so the score looks competitive.��

QLD Cup

Watching Manly's game yesterday you can definitely see the clear difference that it makes when you chase kicks. A couple of people on here mentioned that it was poor from us over the weekend but the fact is that has been happening all year and most of last. It is a real pet peeve of mine when players don't chase hard and I reckon that is how Brennan coached them - to take the safe option and hold a flat line. Tat tactic really gets you nowhere though. Better off competing and putting pressure on the opposition players