Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 18: TITANS vs STORM

TITANS v STORM
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

I can't wait!!!!!

Hopefully a few changes this week. I’d like to see:
    1. Brimson
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Arthars
    5. Spry
    6. Boyd
    7. Roberts
    8. Wallace
    9. Peats
    10. Fotuaika
    11. Proctor
    12. Cartwright
    13. Hipgrave
    14. Rein
    15. Whitbread
    16. Watkins
    17. S. Boyd

9 times out of 10 the team who sacks their coach wins the following week. But geez facing the Storm in that week definitely doesn't make things easy. Somehow that club keeps getting better, only conceding 199 points all year (average of 11 per game). This will test us and let's hope that they wore themselves out in Cam's 400 last week

Oh... sh!t

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Blade07 View Post
    Hopefully a few changes this week. I’d like to see:
    1. Brimson
    2. Sami
    3. Kelly
    4. Arthars
    5. Spry
    6. Boyd
    7. Roberts
    8. Wallace
    9. Peats
    10. Fotuaika
    11. Proctor
    12. Cartwright
    13. Hipgrave
    14. Rein
    15. Whitbread
    16. Watkins
    17. S. Boyd
    Mate, I like your team and if Watkins has recovered from his injury and is ready to go, I'd be happy to play him off the bench in a ~20 min second row stint or as a utility in case of a backline injury.

I would make a few changes though:

1. Given Arthars won't be here next year, I see no reason to keep playing him. I think he is a solid defender but have seen little in attack so am not convinced that he is a necessary inclusion, especially with the season gone.
    2. Happy to give Spry a debut, though would prefer him at centre with Don on the wing, but am wondering what the hell is going on with Brenko Lee. Surely Brenko would be next cab off the rank for that centre position. He's not a strong defender but offers a lot in attack and surely his defense isn't that bad? What has he done wrong besides not marrying into Garth's family?
    3. If Jacks is out injured and Mick is fit, bring him back in at fullback and move Brimson to 5/8 with Tyrone at halfback. I don't know if Tanah Boyd is ready for a debut, though I'm admittedly not an expert on our juniors (would happily cede to mdrew's opinion on this one).
    4. Swap Carty and Proctor so that Carty can play on his preferred side in attack. Proctor offers zero in attack but is an immovable object in defence. I realise he has played his whole career defending on the right, but the pros of swapping him and Carty outweigh the cons for me.
    5. Whitbread to start at lock with Hipgrave off the bench as impact and energy around the 20 min mark. I'm a big fan of Whitbread and think he will be a lynchpin of our forward pack well into the future, especially since losing Max King (I'm still dirty about this).

agree with all of that WH - nice post.

We really lack size. Admittedly we have James and arrow out but we really need to sign a quality front rower with some aggression like Fonua Blake or someone like that.

First Grader

Agree with willhelm, spot on

Inactive User

Am at training
    Let’s hope I see a lot better than the tripe I saw a week ago

i want a nice report mate.

also - for all of the guys who have not been attending lately due to the lack of confidence in the coach and team, lets get back out this week and support the choice to move on Brennan - they need us badly right now. Lets see if the players and us fans can make a positive from the turmoil this week and move on strongly

Inactive User

Will write something without giving much away when I get home

Michael Gordon back doing full contact at Titans this morning. Rib injury to Ryley Jacks will likely see him come straight back into side with AJ Brimson to partner Tyrone Roberts in the halves. @NRLcom

https://twitter.com/tonywebeck/statu...781492736?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Last week I watched the Gulargambone B grade team train

Today I’m watching an NRL team train

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Michael Gordon back doing full contact at Titans this morning. Rib injury to Ryley Jacks will likely see him come straight back into side with AJ Brimson to partner Tyrone Roberts in the halves. @NRLcom

https://twitter.com/tonywebeck/statu...781492736?s=21
    I can confirm this however they’ve trained with many different combinations this morning too.
    So wait till this arvo I suggest.

great to see a bit of a positive step at training