Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Didn’t watch the game , to be honest I’ve lost interest in this club. We just seem to be lurching from one disaster to another , without learning anything. We are a team of overpaid rejects , who all need to take a very long hard look at themselves. Look at the Bulldogs , a team of nobodies who have a go , and have pride in their jersey.

First Grader

I supported Brennan but it is obvious he is snake oil salesman. The team has no passion (look at Roberts 40/20 and no one gave a sh!t) no direction and apart from Arrow and AJ, no one cares whether they play or how they play.

I have never seen such a disinterested rabble of a NRL team before with a clueless and out of depth coach

You know I missed the game (thankfully) tonight and I couldn’t give a rats a**. Exactly what JB and NZ said I am quickly losing passion for this club. You can handle a tough few years but we’ve literally had a tough decade. And in a year where finally it seems that everything should improve, we sink even further and we’ve had the worst year in our history. Add to that the fact that our best player Arrow is at decent odds to leave from what I’ve heard, and the fact that we are stuck with the majority of this overpaid roster for the next 2-3 years and I don’t see what hope we have. We have JB and NZ leaving, and guys like MT who I’ve read for years on this forum vowing to not renew their memberships and we could be left with less than 5000 memberships and probably the same amount of fans attending next season. I honestly have lost passion for this club, I don’t even get excited over a rare win anymore. I think I need to take a break too

i was wrapt when we signed Brennan, and was happy to see how happy and proud he seemed to be our coach.

although i will say after his SECOND interview as our coach i was worried. He did the first one when he signed on, and then the second one on 360 a day later and he was regurgitating the same buzzwords and catchphrases - 'its not about having resources, its about being resourceful', sticks in my brain when he said it twice as if he was already out of material and its the type of line you use when giving your power point presentation but lacks any real substance. I messaged Hail Sezer immediately with my concerns and hoped it was just a co incidence or excitement on his part. but it was not.

Many were fooled, and we all payed the price.

The question is where do we go from here? We have next to no members and will have less next year, we will likely lose our star player (I’ll call it now), we are stuck with an incompetent roster for the next few years and we have no idea whether the new coach will actually bring results. Now we will have to go through another 1-2 years of rebuilding and learning new structures so they will probably be lean years too. I am absolutely ropable and can’t believe how much my care and passion has dropped for this club in the last 12 months.

BT - i think we have a very capable team who are playing at about 30% of their ability due to a variety of reasons.

If we got another coach id like to see if they can turn the group around and get them focused and playing at a level closer to their ability before running a broom through.

I backed Brennan too but I’ll be wiping egg off my face until I cark it. And even starved of footy here in China I turned it off at halftime. Plodders, bunglers and turd burglars with the odd pipe-cleaner thrown in. The roster is mid bottom 8.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

If jacks is injured and can't play next week who goes to half? We verse storm so either rushing ash back for another flogging or giving Boyd the hardest debut, or do we shift Carty to 6 cause either way we get flogged so take the cautious approach for ash and Tanah?

Immortal

I would throw Tannah Boyd in to be honest, yes tough debut but every NRL debut is. He certainly is mature enough and would back himself.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    If jacks is injured and can't play next week who goes to half? We verse storm so either rushing ash back for another flogging or giving Boyd the hardest debut, or do we shift Carty to 6 cause either way we get flogged so take the cautious approach for ash and Tanah?
    Not sure what you mean by rushing Ash back. He was supposedly refreshed and was back from his outback cleansing experience over 2 weeks ago. He hasn't played QCup but I don't think it would be asking too much for him to actually do something for his large salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Not sure what you mean by rushing Ash back. He was supposedly refreshed and was back from his outback cleansing experience over 2 weeks ago. He hasn't played QCup but I don't think it would be asking too much for him to actually do something for his large salary.
    Just cause ash left for obvious reasons and was talked about coming back via q cup, and being rushed back early could do more harm then good

M Gordon back, AJ to the halfs

don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Just cause ash left for obvious reasons and was talked about coming back via q cup, and being rushed back early could do more harm then good
    You may be right but he has a history of being a sook and I think we need to play hard with him soon. What's the pressure on him now, no one expects anything and he can really go out there with nothing to lose.
    It's a shame he is contracted well in to the future because I wouldn't be worried if he left. I'm over high maintenance players.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    don't care.
    Me either.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    JB and gotitans, agree 100% that this is more than coaching. The owners appointed the coach so the blame must start there. Their failure to deal with the Henry/Hayne situation has resulted in our current situation. I am so disappointed in the owners as I was 100% in their corner but they are losing me fast.
    In the owners defense to some extent, mate. I tend to believe Annesley should burden most of the blame in regards to the Henry/Hanye thing. He should've been all over that like flies to ****, well before the media was.

Others may have varying opinions though.