Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
    QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    I agree, I also agree with the chewing gum thing. It annoyed the crap out of me.
    Me too. I may be just be old, but its the height of disrespect to the public as is the "I couldnt find my razor" look often presented by coaches.

On the game, Parra's win over the Broncs puts last week into perspective.

An old centre/second rower isn't going to solve our problems. only a creative playmaker will penetrate goal line defenses. Getting down field hasn't been our problem all year (although with Arrow out it may become one) It's from ten metres out that the problem lies.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post

An old centre/second rower isn't going to solve our problems. only a creative playmaker will penetrate goal line defenses. Getting down field hasn't been our problem all year (although with Arrow out it may become one) It's from ten metres out that the problem lies.
    See for me that lies with the coaching that is being given. We have the creativity in the roster but our game plans often seem so misguided. Taylor was hailed as having one of the best short kicking games going around but he hasn't been instructed to use it. Instead we do these shifts from one side of the field to the other, with nobody straightening the attack or holding the defence up by cutting back against the grain.

We also need an attacking winger to score the points though. Too often do we create space to see Don or Copley cut back in because it is the safe play. The better wingers in the comp don't do that, the see an opportunity and take it. I don't mind Copley doing it so much because he is actually strong and occasionally pulls something out of nothing but all Don ever does is cut back in and go to ground.

All in all our defence this year is much better. I think we can all agree with that. But you need to score points to win games. It is that simple.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Just a reminder that the Titans U18's are playing North Queensland in the curtain raiser starting at 3.20pm for the people that are able to get there a bit earlier, some very talented young men in the Titans side I am sure
    How did they go mate

I can’t bring myself to comment and the gum chewing thing is too annoying to be even bothered watching that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.