Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

No halfback to step up and take control that’s where other million dollar halfbacks win games but wait that’s right

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    What game were you watching? He was very good tonight.
    His post contact metres are garbage. It's one thing to take a hit up, it's another to actually bend the line. This bloke is massive, he's on big money and yet he takes a hit-up and almost instantly hits the deck almost every time. It's not good enough.

Hahahaha Ash getting the blame when he's 300 kms away. FMD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    His post contact metres are garbage. It's one thing to take a hit up. It's another to actually bend the line.
    I'm with you 101. We used to call people like him shovels. They go to ground faster than a shovel digging a hole. Big boy but stops at the line and falls straight down. People half his size can dance down field after contact.

We had a crack. Cartwright, Kelly and arthars were all standouts.

That was one of the stupidest plays I've seen possibly ever. Attacking against a tired 12 man side where we should be spreading and hitting their edges and AJ kicks behind 3 forwards straight to the fullback. Yes he's young and he will learn but my god that's common sense.

We had the refs on our side more than not in that game. Didin't have the 2nd rowers we needed and sure didn't have one player in particular who felt like suiting up tonight. Trade him immediately. I'll even help the bludging prick pack.

It was a brain explosion by AJ. I can forgive him for that because he isn't the one failing to produce week after week like some in this team. The bigger question to be asked is after all that possession near their line in the second half, why we couldn't score any points out of it. Useless.

Not directed at you Dooldog but I'm sick of hearing "we had a crack and tried our best" (no doubt we will hear that from Garth. That's not good enough in sport where you play for wins. I'd say that loss just about confirms we will finish bottom 4, Panthers are improving and we are very much below Cowboys, Broncos and Dragons. Sigh this team is ridiculously inconsistent.

No offence taken. I'm gutted as much as everyone else. Just looking for positives.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    What game were you watching? He was very good tonight.
    Yes mate he was much better tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    didn't have one player in particular who felt like suiting up tonight. Trade him immediately. I'll even help the bludging prick pack.
    Agreed. There's been no denial from Brennan that Peachey wants out. Imagine other guys in this squad who desperately want to play first grade but instead are insulted by the fact that a player who lets it be known that he doesn't want to play for your team still gets named. Embarrassing.

Definitely a poor decision by AJ, but 15 seconds left against a 12 man team needing a try. There was absolutely nothing set up, he shouldn't have been shoveled the ball with nothing happening.
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Inactive User

I’m sick of the disappointment
    Having Peats and Rein on together was a disaster
    Peachey better have more than a Cork
    What a piece of work he is if that’s all it is
    He had to be out there at Lock at the end

Once again Brennan can’t get his team to perform at home
    It all just sucks

And AJ!!! That option at the end was awful. There was time for another play and he does that.
    Jesus Christ

Blame Peats. Absolutely woeful decision on the 5th tackle and everything fell apart after that. And who would think that Moeaki was the best option in the 2nd row? He didn't do much wrong but he is our best metre eater in the middle. You'd think someone like Whitbread could've gone out there.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Blame Peats. Absolutely woeful decision on the 5th tackle and everything fell apart after that. And who would think that Moeaki was the best option in the 2nd row? He didn't do much wrong but he is our best metre eater in the middle. You'd think someone like Whitbread could've gone out there.
    Totally agree but with Garth at the helm nothing surprises me no more

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone wants to see what sort of coach we have watch the first 20 seconds of his press conference, as a member of this club how can a coach come out and say this I felt like jumping down the iPhone screen and slapping him in the head to knock some sense into him.