Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

played ok for a lot of that game.

Peats forcing the issue when we were nursing a lead was very poor and panicked us when we didnt need to.

I dont have any problems with AJ at the end. Second last play and nothing doing... better than just getting tackled like Ash would. Copley running into touch on second tackle earlier in game bothers me more.

Carty was awesome tonight. His subtle hands and ability to get passes away look so smooth and useful. He looks so much better on the right hand side.

Mo and Wallace worked so hard and Boyd finally got some quick play the balls after bending the line.

No Ash and No Proctor make us a much better team, but we should have put more points on in that first 20 if second half with the huge possession we had. no one to blame once again but ourselves.

Inactive User

I just watched the beginning of the Press Conference and my god he’s proud of tonight
    The most proud he’s been all year

It’s because we lost two players and didn’t give up

Guess What??? Two weeks ago we LOST to NQ who were in the exact same predicament.
    When they did it he was proud and we were unlucky.

But when we fail doing it he’s just proud so proud

The disconnect and lack of accountability this bloke has for the basic stat of wins and losses is beyond belief

I want this guy sacked

PS and when representing us at a press conference get rid of the bloody chewing gum
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 14-06-19 at 08:54 PM.

Looks like I won't bother watching the presser then lol

More looking forward to watching Paul Green's presser over that penalty try awarded to the Tigers which probably shouldn't have been.

First Grader

The last comment from SuperCoach in the presser is just bewildering. He said if we play like that for the rest of the season we will win more games than we lose. Considering our win/loss record and that we couldn’t beat a bottom 6 side at home the bloke has no idea.

I am confident we will be in the bottom 2 at the end of the year.

Inactive User

The Snake oil salesman is In his final desperate acts now
    He’s staring down the barrel of the TV cameras and the journos At the press conference and selling mediocrity
    He’s selling mediocrity to the players, members, staff, owners and to the wider rugby league world

In the World According To Garth so long as you don’t roll over and get done by 30 points when under what’s just the usual adversity that any team goes through on a weekly basis then you are a success.

Well I don’t buy what this bloke is selling.
    I want 80mins effort, week in and week out, pride in their performances at home and a respectable win-loss ratio.
    Taxi to Cooly For Brennan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    The Snake oil salesman is In his final desperate acts now
    He’s staring down the barrel of the conference and selling mediocrity
    He’s selling mediocrity to the players, members, staff, owners and to the wider rugby league world

In the World According To Garth so long as you don’t roll over and get done by 30 points when under what’s just the usual adversity that any team goes through on a weekly basis then you are a success.

Well I don’t buy what this bloke is selling.
    I want 80mins effort, week in and week out, pride in their performances at home and a respectable win-loss ratio.
    Taxi to Cooly For Brennan
    In his defense, no coach other than Cartwright back in the day had the ability to get an 80 minute performance out of us.

Does he get up and sink the boot into a team that lost two forwards and is already low on confidence?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Does he get up and sink the boot into a team that lost two forwards and is already low on confidence?
    Is that question directed at me Dools or is it more a philosophical one for the entire board?

Not directed at anyone. Just a point that it would be even poorer coaching from a club perspective if he did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Not the whole team. Just the dog that wouldn’t go back after he got a love tap on his man boob. He should have destroyed him as unprofessional and undeserving of playing NRL.

Craig Bellamy gave a rocket of a public spray to his players in the press conference earlier in the year when the Storm had an off game and threatened to drop the entire team. We have a coach who says he's proud of the players every week even when they throw games away with stupidness. I will give them a bit of slack for last night because we were down 2 men for basically the whole game, but it speaks levels on the difference between coaches and sides.

I’ll tell you one thing this team is doing very well at the moment and that is poking thru the line and getting very quick play the balls which is rolling us down field but we lack the vision, leadership, courage and polish to take full advantage.
    I think a top quality hooker would certainly help for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Not the whole team. Just the dog that wouldn’t go back after he got a love tap on his man boob. He should have destroyed him as unprofessional and undeserving of playing NRL.
    Yeh, he looked pissed about the peachy thing in the presser.

he looked a bit defeated i thought in the presser, as in none of this matters, i'm toast anyways.

I agree, I also agree with the chewing gum thing. It annoyed the crap out of me.