Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 13: BRONCOS vs TITANS (2019)

BRONCOS vs TITANS

2pm 8 June 2019 - Suncorp Stadium

Tickets: LINK
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

2pm Sunday Fox game. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    2pm Sunday Fox game. Wow.
    Emery game is on fox mate, not sure of your point.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    The self-entitled despicable Drongoes not being on ch9 on a Thursday or Friday night is his point

Actually their fan base wants and needs Sunday games so it's good for them. And good for us to have a derby on a Sunday.

Imagine trying to take your family to games, only to be presented with Friday after Friday at home.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Actually their fan base wants and needs Sunday games so it's good for them. And good for us to have a derby on a Sunday.

Imagine trying to take your family to games, only to be presented with Friday after Friday at home.
    They get a massive corporate unfair advantage with FTA games on Thursday and Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    They get a massive corporate unfair advantage with FTA games on Thursday and Friday
    Yes they do, but their fans hate it. At least the ones that attend games and want to take families.

Yes they do, but their fans hate it. At least the ones that attend games and want to take families.
    I keep hearing that DH but the crowds they draw to weekend day games are usually not that great.

Broncos vs Sharks - Saturday - R7 2019 27,638
    Broncos vs Titans - Sunday - R4 2018 30,742
    Broncos vs Raiders - Saturday - R16 2018 30,495
    Broncos vs Warriors - Sunday - R18 2018 37,492
    Broncos vs Manly - Sunday - R25 2018 41,538
    Broncos vs Dragons - Sunday - F1 2018 47,296
    No Saturday or Sunday home games in 2017. Ouch.
    Broncos vs Knights - Saturday- R7 2016 30,394
    Broncos vs Eels - Saturday - R8 2015 34,398
    Broncos vs Wests Tigers - Sunday - R19 2015 37,260
    Broncos vs Cowboys - F1 2015 50,388

The crowds aren't amazing, as you say, not that great, but the fans need some type of normality to have games on the weekend. The Broncos, NRL and the broadcasters have trained fans to do something else on weekends for a very long time.

It's quite ridiculous to have one team representing Brisbane, another thing to have so many games on Thursday and Friday, which means it is a very different game day routine for fans. And maybe a very different cohort of fans. Most have to organise after work on Thursdays and Fridays. IMO it really is a dereliction of duty to the game to not be offering more games to people in greater Brisbane on weekends.
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 26-05-19 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post

My point is our games with other QLD teams have gradually gone from being shown at the prime time slot of 7:30pm Friday on 9 and Fox to now being completely relegated on Fox...and an early afternoon game at that.

And DH, that's a good point and I know they've wanted more afternoon games up there but if if the NRL was serious about rivalry between QLD clubs then they would have put it in the 4pm time slot, which they haven't.

I know I'm being picky and most of us have Kayo or Fox anyway but I still feel it's a slap in the face to us that we don't get all games against QLD clubs on a popular time slot like the Cows and Broncs do. We are just not respected and it doesn't take a genius to see it.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 27-05-19 at 07:25 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    My point is our games with other QLD teams have gradually gone from being shown at the prime time slot of 7:30pm Friday on 9 and Fox to now being completely relegated on Fox...and an early afternoon game at that.

And DH, that's a good point and I know they've wanted more afternoon games up there but if if the NRL was serious about rivalry between QLD clubs then they would have put it in the 4pm time slot, which they haven't.

I know I'm being picky and most of us have Kayo or Fox anyway but I still feel it's a slap in the face to us that we don't get all games against QLD cups on a popular time slot like the Cows and Broncs do. We are just not respected and it doesn't take a genius to see it.
    I’m with you 100%
    Who it’s really unfair on are our Owners as it makes it so much harder commercially

Inactive User

Also
    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....s1l2n1s3oq4wy1

Ever since 1908 in Rugby League at all levels if u play an unregistered player you have competition points taken off you

BUT if it’s the Drongoes then there is nothing to see here and no worries

Joke

Looks like Peats will be available for this game. 9 weeks for a torn pec. Crazy.

Gutless, useless coach. Had enough.

well there you go no changes to a side that was terrible, what a gutless coach we have