Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    QLD Cup

Best of luck Ash! At least there is hope for the future if he gets stuff sorted out. Meanwhile, the Titans need to fill his spot short term and look for longer term options.

Quote Originally Posted by Allshot View Post
    Not related to him, nor have i ever met the bloke. In fact i think he should have gotten dropped weeks ago. I just think its poor form to say what he did about someone who is obviously struggling mentally.
    No problem..

So I'd say Peachey to 6, Roberts to 7 and Peats to 14 would be the most likely/logical scenario

Pretty sure its Jacks in the halfs. If Arrow isn't backing up then Peats into 13.

What i'm hoping for is that Jacks goes into the halves, and if Arrow doesn't play, Peachey into lock and Peats on the bench.

Stunning news about Ash, but I am glad that he is taking time away to focus on the most important thing, himself and his own well being. It's a heavy weight that has been carrying on his shoulders.

I'm guessing Jacks in at half.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Broncos v Titans: Preview
    https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...itans-preview/

The form guide points to a Broncos victory but it's a local derby and the boys from the big smoke have a way of bringing the best out of the Titans.

Last week's home loss to a Cowboys side missing a couple of its best players was probably the last straw for some Titans fans and it'll be interesting to see how they bounce back from such an ordinary display - maybe not from a defensive standpoint but certainly offensively.

Gold Coast halfback Ash Taylor has been granted leave by the Titans and is out of the side.

The Broncos have won their past three games and Anthony Seibold will check on the fitness of his Origin players before finalising his side.

Team news
    Broncos: The Broncos welcome back hooker Andrew McCullough (knee) for his first game since round eight while young forward Thomas Flegler (back) also returns. McCullough has been named on the bench with Jake Turpin retaining the starting job. Flegler's return forces Patrick Carrigan to the reserves list. Anthony Seibold has named his full Origin contingent of Corey Oates, Matt Gillett, Payne Haas, David Fifita and Joe Ofahengaue to back up four days after the series opener in Brisbane.

Titans: No dramatic moves for Garth Brennan, with Origin rep Jai Arrow returning at lock for Jai Whitbread and Jack Stockwell dropped to the reserves. The most notable inclusion among the reserves is Nathan Peats, who is returning from a pec injury.

With Taylor out, Tyrone Roberts has to take it upon himself to provide direction and leadership in the halves. The Titans clearly need someone to be that player and Roberts might be their best bet. If he can out-wit Broncos playmaker Anthony Milford the Titans might spring an upset.

For the Broncos to win
    The Broncos should be fired up to blow the Titans off the park in the first 20 minutes and have the game effectively put to bed by half-time. If they get out to an early lead it's hard to see the Titans digging their way out of a hole, although they did exactly that against Manly a couple of weeks ago. But the Broncos have too much to play for at this stage of the season and as long as they have the right attitude they should be too strong.

For the Titans to win
    As much as they miss a tough leader like Ryan James, this team should've won more games with the talent they have on the roster. We're halfway through the season and it's time they all got on the same page.

Brett Kimmorley says
    The Broncos are ready to go on a winning streak. They’ve got a very good pack of forwards but some of them will have to back up after Origin for the first time. Anthony Milford is the key for them. I don’t really know what the Titans are trying to do in attack. I think big brother might give little brother a bit of a lesson. Broncos by 14

Stat Attack
    Not that they want to be, but Alex Glenn and Matt Gillett are the NRL's top two players for ineffective tackles, with 26 and 24 respectively, while winger Corey Oates is equal second in errors (21). Anthony Milford has kicked the most field goals (3), while the Broncos have the most intercepts (7) as a team.

And another thing ...
    The Titans and Broncos have developed a healthy big brother-little brother rivalry over the years and you're never really sure what to expect from their clashes, regardless of ladder positions. That was the case last year when the Titans sprung a 26-14 upset in their first meeting before the Broncos exacted revenge with a 34-0 rout in their second clash.

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

As far as the pressure goes, playing professional sport is not comparable to my job. I clock off and that is more or less it. I don't have to carry the hopes of an entire fanbase and have to perform under frame by frame scrutiny.

For those reasons I have sympathy for our game's players.

We've all been disappointing with his form over the recent years and its fair to criticise that.

Obviously our game has some serious issues with young people not copping with life and the pressures of professional sport and the spotlight it brings. For those reasons I just hope that Ash finds himself and what makes/made him happy and can perhaps rebuild. I think we can agree that good players are at their best when they enjoy themselves and for sometime it has looked like he has not been enjoying himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    This game should be one of the great derby games but we have let it down for many years and while we love to beat them, to Broncs supporters it is just a game against a lowly team.
    Very true. And until we can start demanding some respect this derby wont be anything like what it should be. If it reaches its potential it will be one of the major reasons why our club rockets into relevance with fans, journos, business and broadcasters. Less heartbreak would be good too.

Beating the Broncos has always been my #1 reason for being a Titans fan. I'm from Brisbane, I used to support them. I understand them and hate them.

They’re not our “big brothers”. Reporting like that really pisses me off. Broncos are the scum of the game and in no way related to the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    They’re not our “big brothers”. Reporting like that really pisses me off. Broncos are the scum of the game and in no way related to the Titans.
    Standing Ovation

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    They will always be know as that unless we start beating them.

I know e got a win last year over them. Hopefully can do the same this year. Sami was on fire in that game if I remember correctly.

Inactive User

We are going to get absolutely lapped tomorrow with the turmoil of this week

Thanks heaps Garth

Confirmed: Boyd and Taylor dropped from the side, Jacks to get the call-up.