Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Out in the middle of the pacific but managed to catch just the first 20 minutes. (Lucky me)
    Mark this down. 5 minute mark of Game 12 of 2019, Kevin Proctor beat a tackle with a step. Amazing to watch.
    Taylor is Wilbur V.2
    ****e but won’t be dropped.
    At least Wilbur always tried.

I couldn't agree more, the guy clearly has no idea. Some of his baffling uses of the interchange I noticed were Mo and Hipgrave staying on for the whole first half while Cartwright stayed on the bench, Boyd only getting 20 minutes, Whitbread only getting 18 (not sure if he was injured), Wallace only getting 42 minutes, while Proctor gets 80 and Peachey 62. I also noticed that Wallace was off during the last 10 minutes yet for some reason Hipgrave, Peachey and Cartwright were still on? That's not who we want defending at a crucial point in the game.

Junior

Watching the press conference Garth looks just as pissed as we all are. I reckon he would have ripped one through them. Anyone think Jacks and Roberts would be a good combo??

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Watching the press conference Garth looks just as pissed as we all are. I reckon he would have ripped one through them. Anyone think Jacks and Roberts would be a good combo??
    As much as I'd hate to see AJ moved from fullback, I'd rather AJ and Jacks as our halves. Both play direct which will straighten our whole attack. Both Taylor and Roberts are too lateral in their play. It was interesting to hear Andrew Johns say that AJ is an out and out 6, similar to Munster he said. I personally think he is more of a fullback but it was interesting to hear.

I kinda doubt Joey watches all our games so I don’t know if I trust that opinion. AJ’s obvious strength is his running game and making him a playmaker would take away from that.

Junior

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/08/...target-finals/

The coach went on the record at the start of the year, he now needs to practice what he preaches

I still see AJ as an out and out fullback but that's just me. Apparently he grew up playing in the halves but he seemed a bit overwhelmed in the few games he played there for us. You only have to see what happened to Ponga when they tried to switch him to the halves at the start of the year.

And a little stat, according to nrlsupercoachstats, Mo scored 70 base points in his 62 minutes on the field yesterday to Taumalolo's 69 base points in 80 minutes. Well done young man.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 03-06-19 at 05:13 PM.

Inactive User

It would be a tragedy to me if he was ever moved away from FB
    I have an issue with our medical staff again
    Gordon was meant to be a 1 week injury and that was 3 weeks ago
    Gordon must be on one of the wings this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Gordon must be on one of the wings this weekend
    Have to give him Don’s spot imo. Copley has been playing reasonably well of late, certainly better than Don at least.

I’d like to see something like this, this week:

1. Brimson
    2. Gordon
    3. Arthurs
    4. Kelly
    5. Copley
    6. Roberts
    7. Jacks
    8. Wallace
    9. Rein
    10. Fotuaika
    11. Proctor
    12. Hipgrave
    13. Arrow
    14. Peachey
    15. Boyd
    16. Cartwright
    17. Whitbread

First Grader

It was ridiculous that Boyd was taken off after 6 minutes of the 2nd half. Just a wasted replacement by our SuperCoach.

I was pleased with effort by most of the team but we were beaten by our lack of creativity and skills in the halves and lack of attacking structure in our team.

Our halves with so much possession in the opposition 20 could not get 1 repeat set.

Just ineptitude

Is Arthur's the invisible man?

i don't see him doing anything really in the games, but it honestly could be me not noticing properly, or him getting no ball.

we cant score tries at all and he seems a bit slightly built to do much damage - surely we can find someone who offers a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post

i don't see him doing anything really in the games, but it honestly could be me not noticing properly, or him getting no ball.

we cant score tries at all and he seems a bit slightly built to do much damage - surely we can find someone who offers a bit more.
    I have been thinking the same, doesn’t seem to have to have the build for a strike centre although his opportunity’s have been limited he hasn’t done anything to inspire me

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post

In my posts last week I wanted Gordon/Don Wing and Copley/Kelly Centres and said Arthurs would be the unlucky one. Just because he hasn’t done much wrong. It probably remains my preferred selections.

Arthars played the majority of his juniors as a fullback. I thought this last game he started to look a lot better. Let's not forget his first game where he crossed the line twice to have tries disallowed because of moron decoy runners being lazy and obstructing the opposition.

Shout out to Mal for sending an email saying losing sucks. Shame it doesn't address the real problems a the club and from comments in here it is very presumptuous that us "fans" will have to stay in the fight.