Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

I have been patient so far but honestly I am at a loss. This team is a joke, the on field leadership is awful and that leads to questions about the off field leadership.
    Taylor is not playing at an NRL standard let alone marquee player status. Most people acknowledge that a half will struggle behind a beaten pack but Taylor is playing behind good go forward and appears clueless. If Brennan has any hope of keeping his job he has to drop Taylor. Lower profile players are dropped to work on their game for reasons that pale into insignificance compared to our million dollar man and his failings.
    I haven’t emailed the club in a long time but that will be changing.

Isn't it a bit harsh to go blaming the whole team though? The efforts of some out there should be commended. Mo is 19 years old and he's consistently one of our best forwards every week. Guys like him do not deserve to be lumped in with plodders like Ash and Proctor (although you can tell Proctor is actually trying). Don should also be added to that list too.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 02-06-19 at 06:10 PM.

Titans are the new Warriors.. How do you go from flogging Manly one week, to losing to a depleted Cowboys side, at home?? They honestly looked like they were going through a training run, didn’t look remotely dangerous for the most of that.. The only times we looked like scoring other than that first try, was Brimsons break and when Peachey got the ball at the end there. How many times in a row did Roberts kick out to that same side? Ffs if it’s not working, you’d think you might have to try something different wouldn’t you? We’re missing Gordon’s goal kicking, Jesus. Our goal kickers are woeful, Taylor in particular, he should be able to do it all being on a million a season. I can’t believe Garth was fond of that performance. Seriously, his sacking can’t come quick enough. Bloke obviously has no idea what he’s doing.

Drop:

Don - bloke just doesn’t look remotely dangerous in attack, give someone else a run, surely there must be someone better
    Taylor - Go back to QCUP.. Self explanatory. Bring Jacks in, I bet he’s busting to have another crack at that spot, need a bit of competition for that spot

Can anyone explain to me too how that Taumalolo try, was a try? Looked to me like he was held up. I was on the complete other side admittedly, but I didn’t understand that at all

Vossy has said he doesn't know how Brennan can keep picking Taylor every week.

But we know he will keep doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Titans are the new Warriors.

Can anyone explain to me too how that Taumalolo try, was a try? Looked to me like he was held up. I was on the complete other side admittedly, but I didn’t understand that at all
    Have to disagree, at least teams fear the warriors, nobody fears us.
    As for the lolo try, it looked like a double movement to me.

Guys I know how frustrating it is and as my username suggests I'm struggling to keep supporting this team because every week I end up feeling worse than I did before the game. But if we want this club to remain on the Gold Coast the last thing we should be doing is just cancelling memberships. We already have the lowest membership numbers in the comp and we're just encouraging the NRL to get rid of us if we just give up on the team. Instead we should all email the club demanding that Brennan and Taylor get sacked, or maybe start a petition? There is a lot of young talent in this side; Mo, AJ, Kelly, Arthars, and Wallace were all very good today. But unfortunately it's the people in the most important roles who are letting us down, Brennan clearly has no f**king clue how to coach an attacking set and Taylor doesn't know how to execute one. There is potential in this side but if we, the most dedicated Titans fans, give up on them, there will soon be no team left to support.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Anyone want to get the blood boiling a bit more watch Garth press conference

“I am really proud of their performance and the effort was certainly there”

Bloody hell if he thinks he can say that and the titans want fans to keep attending and paying memberships he got to be kidding himself any other coach would of been livid, and the 1000 excuses he gave for Ash don’t let me even go there
    Not even half way through it, Brennan can get himself ****ed too. Sack them both, stop building the leagues club Darryl, you're wasting your money. Deal with the issues at hand and building that place to secure our future is a waste when there won't be a supporter base to give two ****s about a leagues club or an NRL team on the GC.

Brennan will get sacked this wednesday, why wouldn't you do your level best to take that million dollar flop down with you. Stop being diplomatic in the press conference and say what we all need to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Have to disagree, at least teams fear the warriors, nobody fears us.
    As for the lolo try, it looked like a double movement to me.
    A double movement only occurs if you are short of the line. Taumalolo was entitled to fight to get the ball down as the ref hadn't called held.

Quote Originally Posted by a_guest View Post
    A double movement only occurs if you are short of the line. Taumalolo was entitled to fight to get the ball down as the ref hadn't called held.
    Tackle was completed when his ball carrying elbow touched the ground. Titans defenders relax, he wiggles around and grounds the ball. No Try. **** refs as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Not even half way through it, Brennan can get himself ****ed too. Sack them both, stop building the leagues club Darryl, you're wasting your money. Deal with the issues at hand and building that place to secure our future is a waste when there won't be a supporter base to give two ****s about a leagues club or an NRL team on the GC.

Brennan will get sacked this wednesday, why wouldn't you do your level best to take that million dollar flop down with you. Stop being diplomatic in the press conference and say what we all need to hear.
    Is that from a source or just an opinion?

opinion gives me a half stock, if it is a confirmed source then its at full attention

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    I have been patient so far but honestly I am at a loss. This team is a joke, the on field leadership is awful and that leads to questions about the off field leadership.
    Taylor is not playing at an NRL standard let alone marquee player status. Most people acknowledge that a half will struggle behind a beaten pack but Taylor is playing behind good go forward and appears clueless. If Brennan has any hope of keeping his job he has to drop Taylor. Lower profile players are dropped to work on their game for reasons that pale into insignificance compared to our million dollar man and his failings.
    I haven’t emailed the club in a long time but that will be changing.
    I’ve let them know politely my feelings too. I encourage all members to please do the same tonight. Just reply to the email that says “The Wrap”. We all would have it by now.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Is that from a source or just an opinion?

opinion gives me a half stock, if it is a confirmed source then its at full attention
    Opinion, however there was talk they were going to do it over Origin to stay under the radar. Fingers crossed.

I’ve said it before - Ash Taylor will never be sacked or dropped. Not when he’s the coaches princess.
    Further more - who took the clause out of Brennan’s contract , that stated we must make the finals this year ????.
    For me , the board has a lot to answer for as well.
    There’s been a lot of talk of late , about these up and coming juniors we have. The way this train wreck of a team is going , those juniors won’t ever get the chance to play first grade. Because there won’t be a NRL team on the Gold Coast.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by a_guest View Post
    Good old A-Drongoes Troll making an appearance.
    We must be playing the Drongoes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Guys I know how frustrating it is and as my username suggests I'm struggling to keep supporting this team because every week I end up feeling worse than I did before the game. But if we want this club to remain on the Gold Coast the last thing we should be doing is just cancelling memberships. We already have the lowest membership numbers in the comp and we're just encouraging the NRL to get rid of us if we just give up on the team. Instead we should all email the club demanding that Brennan and Taylor get sacked, or maybe start a petition? There is a lot of young talent in this side; Mo, AJ, Kelly, Arthars, and Wallace were all very good today. But unfortunately it's the people in the most important roles who are letting us down, Brennan clearly has no f**king clue how to coach an attacking set and Taylor doesn't know how to execute one. There is potential in this side but if we, the most dedicated Titans fans, give up on them, there will soon be no team left to support.
    The way i feel at the moment, I don't really care. I've always defended having a team on the Coast but i just wonder now whether the whole lifestyle thing and young blokes who keep getting paid regardless of performance lends itself to any teams here.
    However lets start by sacking Brennan under the cover of the Origin period. He clearly has no clue and is hopeless. Why his contract was extended is a huge mystery but the people who did it are the ones that pay him out.
    No way whatsoever I am renewing next year andwill just pick games to attend. If any. I am just annoyed, disgusted, and very angry about this right now. I best stop.