Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Brennan has had 18 months and so either -

a) he cant coach, or
    b) he is a great coach, but cant get players to listen to him, in which case refer to point a)

Don't let the door hit you on the clipboard on the way out.

I know exactly how you feel mate but it's not too bad for you when you have another team you support. I don't really buy that theory because which of our players do you think aren't putting in other than Taylor? There's a lot of young blokes that are busting their ass out there. The thing that is letting us down is a coach and halfback who have no idea how to construct an attacking set, and resort to stupid **** like giving the ball to a forward on the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    which of our players do you think aren't putting in other than Taylor?
    Compared to what they have done in their careers previously , how about Proctor, Boyd, Cartwright , Peachey - just for starters off the top of my head.

I definitely agree with Proctor, Boyd is a bit iffy because I thought he ran hard today and made a good cover tackle on Taumalolo but Garth only gave him about 20 minutes. Bit unfair to Cartwright who I think has been much better this season and Peachey also seems to be trying pretty hard, but the attacking structures we run are woeful and give these blokes no chance to do anything. Garth and Taylor are clearly the problem, the bloke has no idea and we look so lost in the red zone.

PEACHEY , DOESNT WANT TO BE HERE.
    Couldn’t even retain his NSW spot.
    So hangingon , don’t think anyone is being tough on him.

First Grader

Ash needs to be dropped not just for form but for his own mental health. You can see hes carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, he knows hes under alot of pressure and it is clearly getting to him. Its not healthy.

We are a dumb footy side, cows were gassed and we didnt start turning some runners back inside.

Short ball to proctor....

Tryrone roberts 3 grubbers in a row through on their try line identically to the same player, its not working mate try something else.

Alot of people are harsh on don, i personally dont feel he gets enough service. He did catch ove ingoal and was held up...

Kelly is so destructive, why isnt he given more early ball?

Arthars needs to develope a pass, he had a good opportunity early on but decided to run himself

Why arnt our halves working together? Seem so locked on 1 side of the field. Id like to see roberts grubber through for ash or peachy instead of going wide every time

Their winger gideon gilen mosby got injured, why could no1 identify that and bomb for don repeatedly? Just dumb footballers

If brennan actually cares about ashs well being he will give him a spell. Let him get out of the spotlight for awhile and work on the basics. He seems like he cant even tackle properly, his head is in all sorts he has way to much self doubt to lead this team right now.

Ill stop rambling now
    Last edited by Upthetits; 02-06-19 at 08:57 PM.

Inactive User

We should have won regardless today
    BUT that Taumololo try wasn’t a try
    Clearly held up
    Was a total con job that the imbecile Refereeing Team all fell for
    So once again we were robbed

Doesn’t change the fact though that there needs to be an express Taxi to Cooly Airport with Brennan as a passenger to permanently leave our Beautiful City for good.

Time is up Garth.

Brennan's press conference where he constantly says he is happy with effort is a spit in our faces.

He can be the broom that sweeps the rubbish out, or be swept out himself if he ties himself to their wagon.

Yeah that attitude from Brennan is what I just can't cop, and you can guarantee coach's like Bellamy and Bennet would have a complete opposite reaction. I really hope Daryl Kelly and co also see it as a spit to the face and get rid of Garth immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Ash needs to be dropped not just for form but for his own mental health. You can see hes carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, he knows hes under alot of pressure and it is clearly getting to him. Its not healthy.

We are a dumb footy side, cows were gassed and we didnt start turning some runners back inside.

Short ball to proctor....

Tryrone roberts 3 grubbers in a row through on their try line identically to the same player, its not working mate try something else.

Alot of people are harsh on don, i personally dont feel he gets enough service. He did catch ove ingoal and was held up...

Kelly is so destructive, why isnt he given more early ball?

Arthars needs to develope a pass, he had a good opportunity early on but decided to run himself

Why arnt our halves working together? Seem so locked on 1 side of the field. Id like to see roberts grubber through for ash or peachy instead of going wide every time

Their winger gideon gilen mosby got injured, why could no1 identify that and bomb for don repeatedly? Just dumb footballers

If brennan actually cares about ashs well being he will give him a spell. Let him get out of the spotlight for awhile and work on the basics. He seems like he cant even tackle properly, his head is in all sorts he has way to much self doubt to lead this team right now.

Ill stop rambling now
    I know what you are trying to say mate but in regards to Ash i don't think he needs to be dropped for his health. He needs to be dropped because he is a lazy bludger who stopped putting the effort in the minute he signed the fat contract. Last season he was just fat and unfit, this year he is just wanting to play in his dinner suit and not take the knocks. I reckon he finishes the game and heads back to his play station without a care in the world. He needs the biggest reality check he can get and that's Qcup as soon as possible.

We are just a dumb and very badly coached footy side. Again we are kicking the ball out when in good attacking positions and against the dogs continually putting high balls up to the winger who would be the tallest bloke on the field. We have nothing in attack and are easily picked off of we spread it wide. I would say that this is the dumbest and most poorly coached side I have seen.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I know what you are trying to say mate but in regards to Ash i don't think he needs to be dropped for his health. He needs to be dropped because he is a lazy bludger who stopped putting the effort in the minute he signed the fat contract. Last season he was just fat and unfit, this year he is just wanting to play in his dinner suit and not take the knocks. I reckon he finishes the game and heads back to his play station without a care in the world. He needs the biggest reality check he can get and that's Qcup as soon as possible.

We are just a dumb and very badly coached footy side. Again we are kicking the ball out when in good attacking positions and against the dogs continually putting high balls up to the winger who would be the tallest bloke on the field. We have nothing in attack and are easily picked off of we spread it wide. I would say that this is the dumbest and most poorly coached side I have seen.
    Yep. That rings so true. Thanks MT.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Brennan's press conference where he constantly says he is happy with effort is a spit in our faces.

He can be the broom that sweeps the rubbish out, or be swept out himself if he ties himself to their wagon.
    I liked it when he was asked why Taylor didn't take the conversion. " I dunno, go ask him, maybe he has an injury". Two things, who coaches this team and makes the decision who kicks? If it's the players then you aren't a coach, this isn't under 10's where everyone has to kick to make it inclusive. If it's Brennan who makes the decision then why isn't it being carried out on the field? Either way, that was his chance to take that coach killer down with him. Publicly humiliate the little prick and send him to qcup, but serious;y, would either Burleigh or Tweed play him in their squads?

Classic, Jarrod Wallace had his wife ring in to SeaFM this morning saying he was too sick to take their regular call where he has to do stupid **** after a loss.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 03-06-19 at 06:27 AM.

QLD Cup

Game plan killed us last night. Nothing else. The defence was good, we got stuck in and defended our line, but we can't score points.

Before this season Brennan promised us an exciting brand of footy to watch. It's crap. It's nowhere near that. Slug it up four times and then do a shift where our play makers run it sideways and either pass short to a back rower or go out the back to our outside backs who have no space to work with. It's so easy to defend against and completely boring to watch.

I like the fact that both Cartwright and Peachey are off the bench now but why has it taken half the season to get to the point where Brennan can see what we all already have known?

I'll say this again but Roberts is no captain and I honestly think we are better off without him in the team. He's brilliant one week then completely mud the next. We will never build a winning culture with someone like that at the helm and I'd rather see Taylor forced to step up then rely on his buddy to do everything for him.

A couple of weeks ago I was willing to persevere with Brennan out of necessity, purely for the clubs sake. But my god our games are just so boring to watch! (Here's one for you Bods) I'm firmly in the #sackbrennan club now.

As per NRL.com stats Boyd ran for 77 meters in the 19 minutes he was on. I will add he was filthy that he was made to come off. But once again Mo ran for 217 meters just slightly more than Taumalolo at 204. Also I like the look of Whitbread. He is coming along nicely but he too was disappointed that he didn’t get more minutes as once he came off in the first half he was not sighted again.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Our rotation is shocking with the use of our interchange players, once again it comes from the coach who I am at wits end about what he is thinking with his strategies/game plans