Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    What is Mal doing?, no idea as I haven't seen a change at the club since his appointment. My point is that it should have been a totally independent review of our football department.
    I understand that line of thinking, I just think that he deserves first crack at rectifying it because he seems to have been observing more than anything up to this point. It's unrealistic to think that he can come in and instantly affect change when he doesn't understand existing operations and culture. Now that he has had that time, I expect actions.

Inactive User

Carlton AFL pulled the trigger on their Coach today
    Enough already just do the same and bloody well sack Brennan

Meninga's main mission at Titans over
    After months of helping the Gold Coast Titans get back on their feet following the sacking of Garth Brennan, Mal Meninga has moved back to Canberra with his family.

It’s understood Meninga is still renting a place on the Gold Coast and will be travelling back and forth, however most of the heavy lifting has now been done at the club.

Meninga has helped the club with its mid-season review and conducted the interviews that have led to Justin Holbrook being appointed as the new coach.

His role will no longer be as time consuming when Holbrook arrives in the next fortnight, allowing him the opportunity to go back to the position he was originally hired to do.

The Australian coach had assumed the role of the club’s general manager of football over the past few months, however he was hired as the head of performance and culture.

Meninga, who recently extended his tenure as Kangaroos coach until the end of the 2021 World Cup in the United Kingdom, still has another two more years to run on his deal with the Titans.

https://twitter.com/michaelchammas/s...734781441?s=21
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

^^^
    How can you be the head of performance and culture and not even live here. Joke.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    ^^^
    How can you be the head of performance and culture and not even live here. Joke.
    Yeah...unfortunately he’s got to go now. Not fully invested in the GC and Surrounds then you can’t do the job.

QLD Cup

His job is only on a part time basis. Why do you care where he spends his time on his days off?

THis club is run by deadset morons. His review railroaded the **** coach but no the players, he failed in every part of his job as head of performance and culture, gets a promotion then gets to have a part time job when he couldn't achieve in a fulltime roll.

This sums this club up. Gift jobs with no responsibility.

I'm over it.

Mal “What did rugby league do for me” Meninga
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Mal “What did rugby league do for me” Meninga
    He didn’t mention this at the Forum. He gave the impression he was “all in” to turn things around.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    His job is only on a part time basis. Why do you care where he spends his time on his days off?
    Mate, with respect I think that is a ridiculous comment. How can you do this job if you are not around the club every day.

All I can see that he did was fail as a Culture and Performance person, and shafted the coach which was an obvious outcome. Nice job if you can get it.

First Grader

He will get his expenses and travel paid which could be better spent on other aspects of the club.
    It is not a good look when you want players to invest their heart in the club and he does not even live in the area.

What planet is Daryl and Rebecca on
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 11-10-19 at 04:43 AM.

Inactive User

If Mal wants to be in Canberra then I suggest we split the Head of Performance and Culture and Mal’s Salary into two new roles

1-Head of Performance-Mat Rogers
    2-Head of Culture-Nathan Friend

If Mal is on $400k which I believe is what was reported initially then you now have two Nice $200k a year jobs for two tremendous passionate and LOCAL GC Titans men that would bring everything to those roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    If Mal wants to be in Canberra then I suggest we split the Head of Performance and Culture and Mal’s Salary into two new roles

1-Head of Performance-Mat Rogers
    2-Head of Culture-Nathan Friend

If Mal is on $400k which I believe is what was reported initially then you now have two Nice $200k a year jobs for two tremendous passionate and LOCAL GC Titans men that would bring everything to those roles.
    I wouldn't disagree with that, but I'd rather abolish the role and pocket the money. Surely the coaches are responsible for performance. Let's face it Brennan got sacked because of poor performance. Can anyone remind me of what Mal really did again?

Yep it is a bit of a joke that we've got mal working from Canberra and won't bring in two legends of the club back, that's how you build culture with ex players like friend and Rogers

Not sure what Mal achieved while here, but if his presence and past relationship helped us land Holbrook, i’ll take that.

Why don’t we sign the recently retired Paul Gallen to our staff. His title could be - Head of Performance Enhancing.