Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Has Taylor seen the ball this half (with the exception of conversions)? Honest question.

Inactive User

I have forgotten what Scotch tastes like
    This is hard to believe

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Has Taylor seen the ball this half (with the exception of conversions)? Honest question.
    Set up a try with a long pass out to Copley.

Just had a bad thought
    We win this game , and Brennan gets another contract extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    Just had a bad thought
    We win this game , and Brennan gets another contract extension.
    If that's the logic then we could also say that Arrow was the source of our losses so he shouldn't get his spot back. Manly have been ordinary and we have capitalised thankfully. (I realise you say this in jest)

Cheers gotitans101_ Forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Set up a try with a long pass out to Copley.
    Great fair-weather halfback.
    Nice effort tonight from everyone else.

I really don't care, a wins a win.

Inactive User

3W 8L doesn’t save Brennan
    He needs many many many more wins to get out of the hole he is in

KEEP GARTH BRENNAN FOREVER!!!

Kidding of course, though this will no doubt ease the pressure on him by the media sadly. However a win is a win and I will take that over a loss every day of the week. Huge game by MoFo who ran for 207m, Rein great as usual with 49 tackles and Ty Roberts was superb again with 2 lovely tries. Also wow who would have thought that Copley would be our leading try scorer and scoring hattricks for fun.

Hopefully the boys get confidence from that rather than getting cocky and losing their focus. One loss might cover the stench for now but Manly was poor tonight and we need to back that up consistently.

Credit where Credits due congrats to the team. We needed that, imagine if we won last week too.

I'm going to start a rumour that Mals half time speech was "If you go on to win this I'll recommend we sack Brennan to the board"

Glad for the boys, particularly players like Mo, AJ, Kelly and Rein who try their ring off every game.

Wasn’t great and looked awful after 20 but hung in there and deserved the win.

Don strong in the air, but every kick return is a surrender tackle and defensive reads are woeful. Either Gordon or Sami to come in for him and Arrow for Stockwell.

Enjoy the weekend.

Credit to the boys, a win is a win so hopefully this lifts the spirits of some, Mo bloody outstanding best on field, thought I would never do this but Cartwright was good and whitbread cemented his spot in the 17, rein also a great game

Jesus christ. That is all
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Credit to the boys, a win is a win so hopefully this lifts the spirits of some, Mo bloody outstanding best on field, thought I would never do this but Cartwright was good and whitbread cemented his spot in the 17, rein also a great game
    Cartwright was solid tonight

Amazing what a win can do for a fan. I actually feel like watching footy this weekend now.

Also have been thinking today about Ash Taylor. In talking to mates last couple of weeks i have been critical of Ash and have made the comment he seems like a protected species and wondered what it would take for him to be dropped to Qcup. I thought it might help a player obviously down on confidence find some form, but also rediscover his love for the game.

Tonight i saw some positive signs. Sure, if you just listen to Anasta the tool, you will question his involvement, but to me there was some good signs. In the last couple of weeks he has been blamed for everything but the election result. The fact he is on a million is secondary at the moment. Yes, you want your top earner to be dominating games, but i can understand the club had to do whatever it took to keep him. Lot of pressure for a young kid to be considered the saviour for the club and he hasn’t handled it well obviously.

But tonight we saw him have some class touches. Early he put Wallace through a gap only for him to try and force a pass and they go the length of the field to score. Then, early in the tackle count he puts through a beautiful pin-point chip only for Don to not try and catch it but ground it on the volley. In the 2nd half he takes the line on and gets through half a gap only to drop the ball. Instead of going in to his shell and thinking it is not my night, he later throws a 25m bullet to put Copley over.

I also saw him leading some kick chases and he looked like he was enjoying the game (easier when winning).

I am not annointing him and think he is “back”, but am hopeful he might be on the way back.
    Last edited by Ausphin; 24-05-19 at 08:51 PM.