Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 11: Sea Eagles v Titans

Sea Eagles v Titans, Friday 6pm at Lottoland

- - - Updated - - -

Inactive User

When you have a 20% win record with a good roster the question must be asked
    Has the Coach lost the dressing room????

Does anyone have any mail on how morale and relationships are at Parkwood?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    When you have a 20% win record with a good roster the question must be asked
    Has the Coach lost the dressing room????

Does anyone have any mail on how morale and relationships are at Parkwood?
    I'd be more pissed at the bloke earning ten times my wage doing sweet FA when its called for

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'd be more pissed at the bloke earning ten times my wage doing sweet FA when its called for
    Agree Agree Agree.....BUT what if that same man that’s not fair dinkum is also the Coach’s pet

Here's an interesting stat from off a super coach site. The numbers in brackets are their minutes on the field.

Brennan continues to experiment with Tyrone Peachey (58) coming off the bench after around 20 minutes to play on the left edge, which pushes Carty (56) into the middle for a while before he is taken off for a breather.

This has the flow-on effect of reducing the middle forward minutes, with Arrow (58), Wallace (48), Fotuaika (30), Whitbread (30), Stockwell (22) and King (21) all seeing less minutes as a result.

Considering they have lost both games they have tried this rotation out, surely Brennan has to give it up soon?! Especially since the Titans have scored just 6 points after Peachey has come on, and given up 38 points (WHAT A STAT! Borrowed off Twitter).

Meanwhile, Proctor (80) and Rein (80) continue to play the full game.

First Grader

Here's an interesting stat from off a super coach site. The numbers in brackets are their minutes on the field.

Brennan continues to experiment with Tyrone Peachey (58) coming off the bench after around 20 minutes to play on the left edge, which pushes Carty (56) into the middle for a while before he is taken off for a breather.

This has the flow-on effect of reducing the middle forward minutes, with Arrow (58), Wallace (48), Fotuaika (30), Whitbread (30), Stockwell (22) and King (21) all seeing less minutes as a result.

Considering they have lost both games they have tried this rotation out, surely Brennan has to give it up soon?! Especially since the Titans have scored just 6 points after Peachey has come on, and given up 38 points (WHAT A STAT! Borrowed off Twitter).

Meanwhile, Proctor (80) and Rein (80) continue to play the full game.

Wow i hope brennan reads this

Meh, if he's not at his best because of his injury then we might as well rest him . We've missed the 8 already anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Meh, if he's not at his best because of his injury then we might as well rest him . We've missed the 8 already anyway.
    This shows me the difference between someone playing for their NRL life or their club and someone who uses a HIA for a cut head from a boot as a two week reason for not playing whilst contracted till 2022.

How we haven't started to introduce performance clauses into contracts is beyond me.

Inactive User

This shows me the difference between someone playing for their NRL life or their club and someone who uses a HIA for a cut head from a boot as a two week reason for not playing whilst contracted till 2022.

How we haven't started to introduce performance clauses into contracts is beyond me.
    Amen....I’m so dubious about Boyd too. The incident was innocuous and he’s dragged it out for two weeks now.

Dominique Loudon
    Uh oh, Jai Arrow has just been taken away from @GCTitans training in the back of the club van with doctor inside. Maybe an ankle issue? @9NewsGoldCoast

Dominique Loudon
    @dloudon9
    Jai Arrow was able to walk off the field next to
    @GCTitans
    doctor. Just watched vision on another camera, he clutched his upper leg after twisting a bit awkwardly in a passing drill. Looks like he’s about to go for a scan at Parkwood
    @9NewsGoldCoast

Andrew Johns calls for Titans to drop $1m star Ash Taylor, rethink club's future

Andrew Johns has called for the Titans to drop halfback Ash Taylor and believes Mal Meninga may reconsider building Gold Coast's future around the $1 million per season star.

A day after Queensland legend Darren Lockyer said Taylor had a substandard work ethic and was not providing value for money, Johns unleashed a damning assessment of the Titans playmaker.

The rugby league Immortal told Wide World of Sports that it was time for Taylor to be replaced at No.7, after a 2-8 start to the season which has the Titans tied last in the NRL.

"He's just playing a bit gun-shy for me," Johns said on Freddy and the Eighth.

"He doesn't want to get hit and he's just forcing the play.

"I'd be putting [fullback] AJ Brimson at halfback; him and [Tyrone] Roberts [at five-eighth]."

Besieged Titans coach Garth Brennan has backed Taylor, but football staff at the Gold Coast are now answerable to Mal Meninga. The rugby league Immortal was appointed the club's head of performance and culture this season.

Johns suggested that Meninga may be starting to question Taylor's future with the club. The 24-year-old has two years to run on his seven-figure deal.

"I wonder what Mal Meninga's thinking, because Mal doesn't beat around the bush," Johns said.

"Whether Mal will be going and saying, 'Look, we've got to move him. We've got to start building again'."

Taylor copped particular criticism for the final Gold Coast play in last Saturday's loss to the Bulldogs. He was caught with the ball when the Titans, just metres from the line, had a chance to force golden point.

Johns said that regardless of Taylor's salary, his performance when it mattered was unacceptable for an NRL halfback.

"I watched this very closely and they were behind by six," Johns said.

"That set of six, he handled the ball on play one. Didn't handle the ball on two, three, four, five - and handled it again on six and got caught with the play.

"Don't worry about what you're earning, everyone's talking about it. If you're playing No.7 and you're a player like [Johnathan] Thurston and you've got to score points, Thurston would handle the ball on one, two, three, four, five, six., seven, eight, nine, 10.

"Try to do something. Try to inspire his team. I don't see that [with Taylor]."

NRL great Brad Fittler said that the Gold Coast had plenty of immediate options to replace the out-of-form Taylor.

"You've got Ryley Jacks, you've got Brimson, you've got Tyrone Roberts. There's three or four halves there who are really capable," Fittler said.

"At the moment, he [Taylor] seems like he's getting in the road a bit

- - - Updated - - -

Dominique Loudon
    Uh oh, Jai Arrow has just been taken away from @GCTitans training in the back of the club van with doctor inside. Maybe an ankle issue? @9NewsGoldCoast

Dominique Loudon
    @dloudon9
    Jai Arrow was able to walk off the field next to
    @GCTitans
    doctor. Just watched vision on another camera, he clutched his upper leg after twisting a bit awkwardly in a passing drill. Looks like he’s about to go for a scan at Parkwood
    @9NewsGoldCoast
    Not good.. Hopefully he's alright.

NRL PHYSIO
    @nrlphysio
    Jai Arrow is hopeful his training injury is just a minor adductor (groin) strain, is on his way for scans now (via
    @dloudon9
    ). General recovery guide for low grade groin strains:
    Grade 1: 0-3 weeks
    Grade 2: 3-6 weeks

Inactive User

It might be time for the forwards to have to actually do something and not let Arrow Carry them

Gold Coast lock forward Jai Arrow has today been ruled out of the side’s Round 11 clash against the Manly Sea-Eagles in Sydney tomorrow night due to injury.

Arrow suffered a quadriceps/hip-flexor injury during this morning’s Captain’s Run with scans showing a minor strain.

The Burleigh junior will continue to be monitored over the coming days.

Coach Garth Brennan will confirm his 17-man side an hour before kick-off tomorrow afternoon.

They'll be strolling through the middle. At least the edges will stop looking terrible now.