Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 10: TITANS vs BULLDOGS (2019)

TITANS vs BULLDOGS
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Inactive User

It’s going to be very very ugly for the losing Coach. That’s the story of this game.

meh it's the Dogs.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    meh it's the Dogs.
    That’s why a loss will be much worse for Garth than for Dean Pay

Bottom of the table clash. If not now, never.

Following games include...

Manly away
    Cowboys home
    Broncos away
    Warriors home
    Manly home
    Panthers away
    Storm home
    Broncos home
    Roosters away
    Dragons away
    Parra home
    Storm away
    Knights away
    Dragons home
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

The players who own their positions somewhere in the 17 right now are in no particular order: Arrow, MoFo, Rein, Brimson, King, Peachey and Cartwright. In defense of Peachey, he just isn’t a centre so bench him in the back row rotation which gives us 4 forwards on the bench plus coverage out wide if needed.

Drop Boyd altogether or give him a set number of hit-ups per stint and have the runner count them for him, like this “that’s three ya big fark now go again!!” Proctor the Taylor magnet dropped.

Copley and Kelly should share the left centre and wing positions between themselves throughout the game. Arthars should get a crack at right centre with Cartwright. Gordon as goal kicker on the right wing. Brimson at FB.

Brimson, Copley, Kelly, Arthars, Gordon, Roberts, Taylor, Stockwell, Rein, King, Hipgrave, Cartwright, Arrow/Peachey, MoFo (on at the 20 mark), Wallace, Boyd.
    Last edited by Titanic; 12-05-19 at 08:03 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The players who own their positions somewhere in the 17 right now are in no particular order: Arrow, MoFo, Rein, Brimson, King, Peachey and Cartwright. In defense of Peachey, he just isn’t a centre so bench him in the back row rotation which gives us 4 forwards on the bench plus coverage out wide if needed.

Drop Boyd altogether or give him a set number of hit-ups per stint and have the runner count them for him, like this “that’s three ya big fark now go again!!” Proctor the Taylor magnet dropped.

Copley and Kelly should share the left centre and wing positions between themselves throughout the game. Arthars should get a crack at right centre with Cartwright. Gordon as goal kicker on the right wing. Brimson at FB.

Brimson, Copley, Kelly, Arthars, Gordon, Roberts, Taylor, Stockwell, Rein, King, Hipgrave, Cartwright, Arrow/Peachey, MoFo (on at the 20 mark), Wallace, Boyd.

Good post mate, Proctor has been a wage thief since he got here & having the Captaincy shows how poor our leadership group is ...

I’d be happy with your team ,Stockwell is a good workhorse & should start as he offers nothing off the bench but Boyd should be used when the opposition starts to tire along with the hit & miss Wallace

AJ, Arthur’s,Kelly,Roberts,King,Cartwright,Mofo,Hipgra ve,James & possibly Taylor & Sami are our future & should be treated that way which includes throwing any of them back to Instrust if their form warrants it..

Sad to think this match is round 10 & like most realists I’m hoping for a better 2020
    #itaintweaktospeak

QLD Cup

I'd be happy enough with that team as well Titanic. It's crazy how we can all unanimously see some of these things that appear so obvious, eg. Peachey and Boyd both being bench players and Cartwright is better on the right hand side, and Brennan still refuses to acknowledge them. I can't help thinking that he has made promises to these players before they got here about having starting positions. That would have to be the only reason I can think of why he wont make those changes.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

Yeah that’s pretty much the team I’d like to see. Kelly needs to be on the left and Peachey as a mid maybe coming on after the settling in period. I’d probably keep bloody Cokey but he can come off the bench and alternate with Hipgrave. So in summary here’s my effort. I can’t have a spot yet for Arthurs. Copley can have a crack at right centre teaming with Don.
    AJ, Gordon, Kelly, Copley, Don, Tyrone, Million Dollar Boy, Mo, Rein, King, Hipgrave, Cartwright, Arrow. Res: Wallace, Boyd, Cokey, Peachey.

I go and watch another GC team who play another code though and they have an unheralded roster but they try their guts out and have great spirit.The Titans don’t show it. That’s our biggest issue, it’s not really Brennan’s selections. It’s not NRL standard intensity and currently on the GC there is only one sportsman on $1 000 000 a season and he’s probably the one that’s the most indifferent.
    That must surely be causing problems in the dressing room.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 12-05-19 at 10:13 AM.

If Garth can't get a response out of the team and we lose to the dogs then that's it for me for Garth, I'll be supporting every team who plays against us till we get the spoon and Garth gets sacked

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yeah that’s pretty much the team I’d like to see. Kelly needs to be on the left and Peachey as a mid maybe coming on after the settling in period. I’d probably keep bloody Cokey but he can come off the bench and alternate with Hipgrave. So in summary here’s my effort. I can’t have a spot yet for Arthurs. Copley can have a crack at right centre teaming with Don.
    AJ, Gordon, Kelly, Copley, Don, Tyrone, Million Dollar Boy, Mo, Rein, King, Hipgrave, Cartwright, Arrow. Res: Wallace, Boyd, Cokey, Peachey.

I go and watch another GC team who play another code though and they have an unheralded roster but they try their guts out and have great spirit.The Titans don’t show it. That’s our biggest issue, it’s not really Brennan’s selections. It’s not NRL standard intensity and currently on the GC there is only one sportsman on $1 000 000 a season and he’s probably the one that’s the most indifferent.
    That must surely be causing problems in the dressing room.
    I agree about Arthurs. Our greatest weakness is defence. I saw nothing in the game last week that suggests he would strengthen that. Putting in new players doesnt strengthen combinations unless of course if we are already thinking 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    I agree about Arthurs. Our greatest weakness is defence. I saw nothing in the game last week that suggests he would strengthen that. Putting in new players doesnt strengthen combinations unless of course if we are already thinking 2020?
    Agree totally. Although I love to see locals come through some on here push them based on attacking ability alone without considering whether they can defend. The under 20's comp showed that defence is not a great skill of many of our younger players.

It also shows that players are coming in to the NRL out of sub-standard competitions. That is why we need a proper traditional reserve grade competition - but that isn't going to happen.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 12-05-19 at 02:03 PM.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Agree totally. Although I love to see locals come through some on here push them based on attacking ability alone without considering whether they can defend. The under 20's comp showed that defence is not a great skill of many of our younger players.
    My argument to that is we have already seen how Copley, Lee, Peachey and Kelly all defend and they have been proven not up to standard. So why not give the younger unproven ones a crack?

Arthars was hung out to dry last weekend outside Copley imo. Copley's reads at time were disgraceful. He has been consistently one of the worst defensive centres in the NRL for years now and Brenko Lee's defence is not much better. At least Kelly puts his heart into it every week. He may fall off a few tackles but every game he is always up in opposition faces trying to have a crack and disrupt things.

I've got a soft spot for Arthars as I used to be the league safe on his juniors team so I'll always be bias as it's a good feeling to see someone come through and make it to first grade first hand. Put a decent edge 2nd rower next to these guys that does that job and then some and we solve our problems on both sides.

Inactive User

If we lose this week should Brennan be sacked immediately???
    Looking for opinions.
    What level of mediocrity will it take for you to want him gone.