Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 141
  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I don't have too much of a problem with Stockwell but I do with Proctor ... that's where Whitbread should get his chance, imho.
    I just haven’t seen Stockwell make any impact at all, I would be happy to be proven wrong this week though. Wacko’s Whispers on Twitter is reporting that Shannon Boyd has failed his HIA test so Whitbread should be coming into the side for him anyway.

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    The lack of respect that we have around the league would have to be close to an all time high. On the Matty Johns podcast they called this the battle for the spoon, and Matty, Paul Kent and Brett Finch all tipped the Dogs. Their roster and in particular their spine is reserve grade standard, and yet we still aren't given a chance. If Brennan can't produce a win this week then he is simply not the man for this job.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh and how does Stockwell find his way into the 17? He ran for 32m last week, and made 11 tackles with 1 missed. The bloke provides no impact at all, whereas Whitbread looks like Arrow 2.0. I guess it helps to be married to the coach's niece.
    I don't mind Stockwell being there but am puzzled with his inclusion on the bench. To me, he is very much in the mould of Ryan James. Has a lumber-some carry, defends reasonably well, but doesn't set the world on fire. So I'd have him starting if I was going to play him and have Mo on the bench for some impact. We have all seen what Mo brings from the bench. It's a puzzling selection really. If they were looking specifically for a bench forward, I'd be going Whitbread too.

  3. #33

    Default

    Yeah exactly mate he just doesn't seem to threaten the line, and Whitbread has youth and far more potential on his side. Mo's a weapon off the bench and I especially think he would be effective against the tired Bulldogs forwards in the heat on Saturday. Hopefully King or Stockwell end up starting this week.

  4. #34

    Default

    Yeah I'd like to see that. I wouldn't rule out a W. Matthews return this week just yet if Boyd doesn't pull through..

  5. #35
    Star Player Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Shannon Boyd is a $600k a season Brennan Lemon

  6. #36
    Captain Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    2,566

    Default

    Thought Stockwell was named at Prop for Burleigh this week ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Thought Stockwell was named at Prop for Burleigh this week ??
    Looks like you're right mate but he was also named at 16 for us, and I can't see him missing out if Boyd's injured. We're just asking to lose if Matthews and Stockwell are both in the side.

  8. #38
    Star Player Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Thought Stockwell was named at Prop for Burleigh this week ??
    Stockwell being ahead of Whitbread in the pecking order is reason #236 to send Brennan back down South and bring in Jim Lenihan immediately.

  9. #39

    Default

    With regards to mofo, i think hes aiming to have him come on for final 20 or so instead of having boyd out there

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Stockwell being ahead of Whitbread in the pecking order is reason #236 to send Brennan back down South and bring in Jim Lenihan immediately.
    Just what we need - another unproven at NRL level coach. Coaching QCup is chalk and cheese to the NRL. I can't believe people are seriously throwing this blokes name up.

    Wrong thread for coaching comments I guess, so in relation to the game I am quite confident we will win this weekend easily. Lose and as you said, this place will go in to meltdown.

  11. #41

    Default

    The club has confirmed that Boyd failed his HIA and Whitbread will join the bench.

  12. #42
    Captain Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    2,566

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Looks like you're right mate but he was also named at 16 for us, and I can't see him missing out if Boyd's injured. We're just asking to lose if Matthews and Stockwell are both in the side.
    Cheers mate. Now with Boyd out it leaves us thin. However I like the look of Whitbread.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

  13. #43
    Star Player Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    2,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    The club has confirmed that Boyd failed his HIA and Whitbread will join the bench.
    Boyd-goodness me. $600k.

  14. #44
    Rep Player gotitans101_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Wide Bay QLD
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    The lack of respect that we have around the league would have to be close to an all time high. On the Matty Johns podcast they called this the battle for the spoon, and Matty, Paul Kent and Brett Finch all tipped the Dogs. Their roster and in particular their spine is reserve grade standard, and yet we still aren't given a chance. If Brennan can't produce a win this week then he is simply not the man for this job.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh and how does Stockwell find his way into the 17? He ran for 32m last week, and made 11 tackles with 1 missed. The bloke provides no impact at all, whereas Whitbread looks like Arrow 2.0. I guess it helps to be married to the coach's niece.
    You have to earn respect, something which we still have not done.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Boyd-goodness me. $600k.
    Another masterstroke signing from the club.

  15. #45
    Kangaroo
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,290

    Default

    A curtain raiser to the NRL match is between the South Grafton Rebels and Casino Cougars from the Group One competition, if you are going might be worth getting there for this one, keep an eye on one of the South Grafton centres. South Grafton will be in the Red and White.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew