Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

https://omny.fm/shows/triple-m-rocks...-on-ash-taylor

Kent and Tallis telling it the way it is regarding Ash

Inactive User

[QUOTE=JunctionBlock;392725]https://omny.fm/shows/triple-m-rocks...-on-ash-taylor

Kent and Tallis telling it the way it is regarding Ash[/QUOT

Taylor thinks he’s ready for Origin. Just ask him.
    He hitched his wagon with Hayne and was instrumental in getting rid of King.
    He sooked it deluxe to the point where he boned LG for him so The Termite would return
    He’s by far the highest paid athlete on the Coast from both the Titans and Suns and yet his professionalism and effort is bottom level.

So where are the Coaches/Players/Staff in calling this guy to account.
    He’s such a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Mo and AJ were very good yet again and Jai Whitbread proved that he is an NRL player, he is off contract at the end of the year but I am sure we will get him resigned.
    Very good? Not yesterday they weren't. I'm a huge wrap on AJ but he made a few blues yesterday and Mo only played 30 minutes. That may be the coaches call but we need to be getting more time out of him. However for his age he has a great future. I thought Whitbread's effort yesterday was down on his previous games.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Very good? Not yesterday they weren't. I'm a huge wrap on AJ but he made a few blues yesterday and Mo only played 30 minutes. That may be the coaches call but we need to be getting more time out of him. However for his age he has a great future. I thought Whitbread's effort yesterday was down on his previous games.
    I agree with you on all of that MT.

Cheers for posting JB. I wish the media would talk about it more, especially how we hired Brennan especially to get the best out of Ash. It feels like we fly under the radar each week because nobody cares enough to talk about the Titans.

the glass half full says we should / could have won the last 4 games, which might be encouraging in some way

but i'm thirsty and half a glass ain't going to get it done for me.

Ash needs a spell with Burleigh. The longer Garth doesn't drop him the more ridiculous it becomes. Almost a race between Which Million dollar player gets dropped first - Cleary or Ash

re read the thread and ill expand some more on the game.

- Once we go into panic mode - generally the last 60 minutes of a game it seems - we stop using some pretty good shapes, and its just flat pass from hooker to Ash, To Tyrone , to a heavily marked centre who has to make a pressure catch and then get smashed... repeat to the other side and centre, and then a bomb to a corner. WE have shown glimpses of a really nice shape and structure, which makes it more infuriating that we then don't use it at all.

- Ive said for a long time that Don is a great Cult figure but as long as he is in the team we wont get anywhere because he is like an inbuilt marker of our mediocrity. I thought we were moving past that with Sami, Lee, Copley and now Arthars all seeming to push past him, but we are back at square one. Surely Brenko and Sami cant be worse than this? Sami brings at least energy and enthusiasm.

- Wallace has actually had a really good last 3-4 games. played out of his skin yesterday, but even before that and his suspension he had turned a corner i think.

- We don't have a good long kicking game becasue Ash is terrified his dinner suit will get a mark on it, and Tyrone seems obsessed with landing it on the 20m line instead of the goal line ( or down the oppositions throat....while they stand on the 20m line )

- I still believe there is enough talent in the team, but it is being woefully utilised either by the players themselves or by their coaching, but both are coaches responsibility. We are now seeing the shortcomings of the Penrith system - the player Garth coached as 20s and then reserves are not adequately prepared for NRL standard at Penrith or the ones that followed him here, with the exception of Cartwright against all odds whose effort i have come to appreciate.

There is no outstanding candidate as far as i can tell - but it needs to be a ball buster and someone who wont coddle these guys any longer. Mall is WAY too smart to take it on.

Hey DB , I honestly don’t think either million dollar player you mentioned , will ever get dropped. Ivan would never drop his boy & our million dollar sook , would never get dropped. Not when he’s the coaches little “ PRINCESS “. This team is a train wreck , and there’s no end in sight. I heard the post match conference , and Brennan doesn’t believe changes need to be made. He can’t make tough decisions. Is he serious !!!!

Surprisingly the media actually have been talking about how poor we were. On Controversy Corner on foxsports the first topic was "Titans in turmoil" and they all ripped into Ash and said he's the most over paid player in the game, Andrew Voss also made a point of how poor Taylor was and there were plenty of other articles criticising him. If Garth doesn't do something drastic we're in serious strife. And DB I wouldn't say Mal is too smart at all. If anything we could be taking a step backwards if he's the next coach- just look at his 2 Origin sides. Some of his masterstrokes include Arrow on the bench, Napa starting with Wallace not even in the side, Mbye as 14, and Peachey and Cleary in the Blues side. Reading that has seriously changed my opinion of Mal being in charge here.

I saw that article and think those teams were Mal's way of firing our guys up.

our players in contention all got knocked back one spot from last year in Mal's team - Peachey and Wallace from bench out of 17, and Arrow from starting prop to bench. Just a jab that you aren't as good as you think you are and need to improve.

and i dont mean he is too smart in that he would do a good job. i dont think he automatically would, I mean he is smart enough not to put his name directly on this teams on field result. he has a sweet gig as Aussie coach, Media guy and general legend - he doesn't need us to erode his aura.

As for dropping Ash and Cleary - i'm not sure they will, just that they need to. For their benefit as much as anything else.

Oh my bad mate, yeah I definitely agree with you Mal would be silly to take on the job of coaching us. I agree it did seem like he was trying to fire up our blokes by leaving them out but his selections in general were pretty shocking, some other classics were Matt Prior and Pangai Jr on the Blues bench. Really makes me wonder what 17 he would come up with if he was in charge of us.

I think we really need to see Taylor and Peachey in reserve grade this week. They both need to wake up to themselves massively and it will put the rest of the team on notice if our two biggest names get dropped. Did anyone see Peachey smash Cogger late and high after he kicked it in the final 10 minutes? I could hear the impact from the grandstand and was absolutely shocked we didn’t get penalised, it was almost deja vu from the Sharks game.

Junior

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...ns-v-bulldogs/

Titans HQ must have been watching a different game

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post

Wow, just wow. This is getting beyond the joke now. That article is an insult to whatever fan base we have left. How many times on social media did I see "I've been here since '07 and I've had enough" or any variation on that.

Who replaces Ash if he gets dropped? He'll just jam AJ in there (not that I found AJ's FB performance overwhelming). If this is our team for the next 2+ years then let it ride. I don;t see that we have a lot of choice in play makers or forwards but our outside backs can be swapped around if Brennan sees the need. Can't see there will be any improvement either way.

Mal for coach when he can't even do his culture job isn't an option I'd like to see happen either. Failures across the board at the club and the owners should be calling all involved in and getting them to justify their positions. I don't think there is one person at the Titans franchise that can put their hand up and say they are doing all they can to fix this situation.

Manly and the Warriors take our rejected players and can still play for wins. Speaks volumes to me about our club.

Inactive User

It’s not right what Brennan has done to our club.
    People are frustrated, angry, sad, embarrassed and he smirks and says that Welfare Stories like Jesse Arthurs is what matters.
    Totally out of his depth.
    Henry/Lenihan are both in town and are a phone call away.

Titans Board do the right thing today, stop embarrassing our community as we all go off and work hard and honestly in our jobs and sack this bloke.
    Henry has the kahoonas to discipline this squad and Lenihan is a local who has Burleigh flying.

Inactive User

I thought considering how crap both teams are, the Saturday Arvo timeslot and the election being on that getting a crowd of 10 000 was a good turnout

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post

Just getting treated like idiots
    What an insult

Would burleigh want him there sittin second on the latter with the players they have now