Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Serious question and I've wanted to ask this before, but do you think it's fitness? We just can't keep up for 80 mins. We start well, wheels fall off and then the penalties start. Or is it we just can't pace ourselves. I'm looking for answers of how we lost that today.

Inactive User

^^^ passion, spirit, pride in jumper, leadership is my opinion

Fitness and being mentally awake during a match. Looks to me like they train and think everything will go according to plan with no plan b. Give the team to Arrow, he’s earned it with all the times he’s carried them on his back

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Serious question and I've wanted to ask this before, but do you think it's fitness? We just can't keep up for 80 mins. We start well, wheels fall off and then the penalties start. Or is it we just can't pace ourselves. I'm looking for answers of how we lost that today.
    Very good question. I don't think it is fitness is the issue but we have no one to take control of the game which is the halves job. The million dollar man tried hard today but can't run the side and I thought Roberts was really poor today. You are right we cannot concentrate for anything like 80 minutes. We continue to make crucial errors at bad times and even AJ dropped a high ball today, which we have been doing every bloody week. Concentration and mental toughness is poorly lacking and the coach must take a fair bit of the blame for that.

Junior

That loss sits squarely with some of the players not Brennan. He can give them the game plan and yell and try and motivate them as much as he wants but if they don’t want to do it for themselves or each other then it will keep happening. Brennan said at the start of the year that now we have a lot of depth no ones job was safe I think it is about time he pulled the trigger on a few and put them back down to qcup.

Immortal

Mo and AJ were very good yet again and Jai Whitbread proved that he is an NRL player, he is off contract at the end of the year but I am sure we will get him resigned.

First Grader

We lack intensity in our play, we play side line to side line with not much go forward and our halves do not play straight and at the line. This is Brennan’s problem which he has failed to fix. The team is playing worse than last year and the spoon is headed our way unless drastic action is taken.

Just got home from the game and I am beyond gutted. We got beaten by the, until last night, sellar dwellers, which is where we will be come next weekend. I, like many others on here, have just about had a gut full. I have been a member, as have my family, since day dot but even I am finding it hard to follow this team anymore. There just never seems to be any joy being a Titans fan and every year we get sucked into thinking that it's "our year" and this is the team to get us competing for the top four or even eight, only to be disappointed as per usual.

Peachy can F..K off as he wants to be anywhere but here, Wallace was good today but was playing for Kevvie & Origin, Jai Arrow is a star and will be gone to the first club who comes calling and I for one will wish him the best because he deserves so much better than this rabble of a club. The million dollar man, don't get me started and the list goes on but really I just can't be bothered.

Brennan must go, if only to try and salvage what the coast has here, and that is an NRL team because for the first time ever I am getting worried. We have like 6000 members this year I think, and can only imagine what it will be like next year with the ways things are going.

Did anyone see on the news the other night that Greenberg was visiting the Titans at Parkwood for "crisis talks". WTF does that mean and I know its the Lurker and most of it is crap but a couple of days ago someone asked, "how long will Brennan be at the Titans". The response was "great question. They are extremely shambolic. Titans could be a couple of weeks away from being a major story, if my mail is correct".

We don't rate at all to commentators, sports journos, refs, coaches, players and fans except our own and are the joke of the NRL and are only there to make up the numbers as everyone is ready and willing to tell us. I for one am sick of having to defend this team every weekend and copping heaps from work colleagues, friends and even family.

We should have won that game today but again we let it slip away. I am at a loss and don't know whether I can be bothered anymore, which is what worries me the most because if I feel this way, as a long time member and fan, what does it say for the rest of them who arn't as invested as me in the Titans.

Sorry for the rant. Over and out

2022 is the best we can hope for and that's purely if we can build a team from Juniors. Taylor, Cartwright and Peachey all contracted till 2021. Let that sink in. No marquee player would ever come here, we kill their careers.

Hope I win that boat though.

You raise a good point junctionblock that’s what we all have to get used to most of this teams is here again next year and very little room in the cap for any new signings so we are stuck with these bunch

Inactive User

Through the late 70s to present day I’ve been a Sharks then Giants then Seagulls then Chargers then back to the Sharks (thanks Drongoes for that you megalomaniac wankers) and finally back to Titans and this is the first team where I have been sitting there unsure of whether there will just be a base level of effort or not from week to week and minute to minute

Its shameful

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    That loss sits squarely with some of the players not Brennan. He can give them the game plan and yell and try and motivate them as much as he wants but if they don’t want to do it for themselves or each other then it will keep happening. Brennan said at the start of the year that now we have a lot of depth no ones job was safe I think it is about time he pulled the trigger on a few and put them back down to qcup.
    Nope. The coach selects players out of their best position. He selects players who should not be on the field. The axe for poor performers should have already been used. He made Proctor captain! That alone was enough evidence that he has no idea.

The silence from our owners and administration is deafening. Perhaps our leadership issues extend off-field.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    2022 is the best we can hope for and that's purely if we can build a team from Juniors. Taylor, Cartwright and Peachey all contracted till 2021. Let that sink in. No marquee player would ever come here, we kill their careers.

Hope I win that boat though.
    Nah mate. The boat is mine!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Very good question. I don't think it is fitness is the issue but we have no one to take control of the game which is the halves job. The million dollar man tried hard today but can't run the side and I thought Roberts was really poor today. You are right we cannot concentrate for anything like 80 minutes. We continue to make crucial errors at bad times and even AJ dropped a high ball today, which we have been doing every bloody week. Concentration and mental toughness is poorly lacking and the coach must take a fair bit of the blame for that.
    Good point, it just baffles me how they can just switch off like they did. And they are consistently do it. Maybe they need some growth mindset training.

QLD Cup

The thing I don't understand is they completed at a high rate that game and appeared to do everything that the coach asked of them, but points didn't come. We move the ball really nicely from side to side at times but when that doesn't work we have nothing. There's no plan B and in the early parts of the set the players just look like they are going through the motions to get to the end of the set. Nobody pushes up in support for offloads and there is no variation in our play.

Everyone on here likes to give Proctor a rough time but I was pleased to see his anger and dismay at Taylor at the end of that game. Proctor hasn't played his best rugby for us but he's playing in a team with no direction and outside a player that runs sideways before he passes him the ball. At the Storm, Proctor and Cronk were good because Cronk straightened the line and that left gaps for Proctor to run into. Proctor is running those same lines but Ash's passes to him are often only a foot long meaning that Ash has run far too far into Proctors space.

That's coaching though. Both Ash and Roberts run far two lateral and it closes space for everyone else.