Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why that play was called back when we were on for a try?
    I thought he called it maybe a double knock on
    Cartwright for us

We deserve better than this

I feel for the owners put their hard earned up to save this club and this what they get in return

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Peachey is dead set purposely losing games for us. As soon as he’s on we lose. Another terrible signing.
    100%.
    All he delivers is stupid mistakes and penalties, and zero enthusiasm. He looks exactly like a bloke who doesn't want to be here.

QLD Cup

Don is deadset the worst defensive winger in the league. I've been preaching this for a long time and I know that nobody else agrees with me but as long he plays we will forever accept mediocrity. Great club man yes, he can catch a high ball, but he blows more tries than he scores by cutting inside when the line is open and costs us at least one try per game by his defence.

The first try that that they scored today he jammed up on no one and left the biggest winger in the competition open outside of him. It's laughable. Even the Fox commentators were commenting on in today and they normally suck him off.

Whose bright idea was it to make Hot and Cold Roberts the captain? His game management was pathetic kicking on the fourth tackle and kicking to Oki. Ash was much better than him today but Rein persists with going to Roberts because he over calls Ash.

Why doesn't Brennan play Arrow for the full 80? It's so bloody frustrating.

I thought the team that we started with was the best we have put out all season though. Hopefully he shows some faith in these players and lets them form some combinations. Expect Don. Drop him. I don't care who you pick but get rid of Don.

NZfan you won’t get any argument from me on Don, about his defence he gets caught out all the time and the worst thing he doesn’t even lay a hand on them most times as once he is beaten he ends up in no mans land
    And don’t get me started on Arrow not playing 80 goes to show Brennan hasn’t got a clue

I'm done with this team. Emailing the club to cancel my membership. Absolute fiucking embarrassment. Adios

If anyone is interested have a listen to the press conference and you will see why Brennan has to go, I as a member since 2007 am absolutely dumbfounded on what he has to say and if he can’t grow a set of balls I will be relinquishing my membership

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    NZfan you won’t get any argument from me on Don, about his defence he gets caught out all the time and the worst thing he doesn’t even lay a hand on them most times as once he is beaten he ends up in no mans land
    And don’t get me started on Arrow not playing 80 goes to show Brennan hasn’t got a clue
    I just don't get it how nobody can see it. I'd love to be able to make a clip of all the times he has jammed in for no reason whatsoever this season. Most of the time as you say Gull he just runs right through the line and touches no one.

He is the same as the Ross dog for me. A cult figure who does the odd occasional thing of brilliance but costs more than he provides. Newcastle were smart enough to let Ross go and look how that's working for them. We sign Don on a cutthroat price as back up and decide to play him every week? It's baffling. We haven't been in the market for outside backs, I'm assuming that is because we have spent all of our money on over paid forwards and we don't have any young players on contract which we can give a go either. Our whole retention plan last year for outside backs was to tell Don he is only going to be back so to lower his price, then play him week in week out because well who cares they are only wingers.

Boys 12.30am tonight on Foxtel 502. Mighty Catalan Dragons v Wigan at Camp Nou (barcelona FC) homeground. Will be a good game
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm done with this team. Emailing the club to cancel my membership. Absolute fiucking embarrassment. Adios
    Rather than do that help us sack Brennan

I am as frustrated, disappointed and upset as everyone else but after going for a walk, I have decided to try and make a post about some positives, so I am aiming for 7 positives-

1. AJ - it seems everyone but our coach can see what a potential star AJ can be at fullback. Keep the kid there now for the rest of the year. I don't care if we lose both our halves to injury, keep AJ at 1. Ryley Jacks is good enough depth (hell, I'd prefer him over Roberts now. Didn't want Roberts back when there was talk of us chasing him last year, but then was somewhat relieved when Brennan said he has told Tyrone he only sees him as a utility. Now he is our frigging captain. WTF?).

2. Arrow - is a gun. I agree with posts above, play him full 80. Why the hell do we have King and Whitbread on bench and don't use them until last 20 minutes. One of our props goes off and we move Cartwright to lock and Arrow to prop. ridiculous. Play him for 80 if he can (seems to have the motor for it.Make him captain while you're there.)

3. Brian Kelly - really happy to see a local junior come home and think he could be a force for a long time. Great footwork and solid technique in defence. Tries his ring off too.

4. Wallace - he impressed me tonight. I have been off him since middle of last year but though he was really good tonight (minus 1 penalty).

5. Our young forwards - Mo is a stand-out, but King and Whitbread also look good. Both work really hard in defence.

6. I like Garth - seems like a great guy and has had a strong focus on developing our youth pathways, but the job just seems too much for him. I think we will let him go at end of year and the incoming coach should inherit a decent squad, just needs an experienced, quality half to partner Ash and run the show (easier said than done I know). Kevvie Walters won't say no as the Broncos is not an option for him now. A smokey might be Adrian Lam. Currently coaching Wigan but has a relationship with Mal having been assistant coach for the Kangaroos a fair bit. Would be good if he could bring his son Lachlan with him (or Kevvie with Billy Walters for that matter).

7. Mitch Rein - good to hear he is signed up for a couple more years. Bring so much more to our attack than Peats. Is a running threat but his service out of dummy half is also a lot better.

Finally, I agree with comments about Don above. Not a knee-jerk reaction to tonight either, I have thought this for a while. This year is obviously a write-off (and not going to happen because Garth is fighting for his career), but why not a team of-

Brimson
    Sami
    Kelly
    Spry
    Arthars
    Jacks
    Taylor
    Wallace
    Rein
    King
    Cartwright (definitely improved this season, trying hard)
    Hipgrave
    Arrow

Peachey
    Foutuaka
    Boyd
    Whitbread
    Last edited by Ausphin; 18-05-19 at 05:39 PM.

Pathetic and i just knew when we tried to kick it into touch on the 5th from 30 metres out after 20 minutes and we had them 14-0 that the defensive mindset had taken over. Why not a kick and try to make it 20-0. Just dumfounding.
    The usuals were ok but Roberts was pathetic and after his two great tackles that led to our tries, Kelly was poor. Two major dropped balls. I agree that Rein is better than Peats but he also doesn't offer much. Just put against the other hookers in the comp andhe is a long way down. Did Mo get injured, i haven't checked but he didn't seem to do many minutes.
    I cant be stuffed writing anymore but Brennan must go. Beyond words.

I don’t want Kevin Walters anywhere near the club. He has no idea..

Inactive User

How about we work on sacking Brennan first
    One step at a time