Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    QLD Cup

There just doesn't seem to be a ready made replacement available though Bods. All of what you say is correct, but I'd much rather see him pull his head out of his a@#e and make some of these tough calls that he has been forever preaching about. I think we have to give him the season to redeem himself, but if there is still no changes, that's when he has to go. We are already the laughing stock of the NRL, if we get rid of him now and bring in somebody else who can't get results either then we are are facing the real possibility of being relocated.

I'm willing to get behind him if he can start leading with his actions and not his words.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    There just doesn't seem to be a ready made replacement available though Bods. All of what you say is correct, but I'd much rather see him pull his head out of his a@#e and make some of these tough calls that he has been forever preaching about. I think we have to give him the season to redeem himself, but if there is still no changes, that's when he has to go. We are already the laughing stock of the NRL, if we get rid of him now and bring in somebody else who can't get results either then we are are facing the real possibility of being relocated.

I'm willing to get behind him if he can start leading with his actions and not his words.
    We could relocate to Perth, cause we are Perthetic

Inactive User

I’ve heard on Sydney radio this arvo a number of callers talking about how Peachey came here under strange circumstances showing high reluctance and then gave away a boneheaded penalty to lose it and then with a chance to steal it he then grubber kicked it into row 2.
    Suggesting he gave Cronulla the game.

They also said he has always been a 5/8 or Lock and Brennan doesn’t know what he’s doing.
    I agree with that. We have two options with Peachey
    A-Lock with Arrow at prop
    B-bench Utility

Also Kelly is playing on the wrong side of the field and we need to shift Peachey so he plays on the left.

Bloody Brennan and his selections.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 10-05-19 at 06:02 PM.

At least Penrith have taken the focus of how bad we are. The worrying thing for us is that we are taking Penriths rejects.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    At least Penrith have taken the focus of how bad we are. The worrying thing for us is that we are taking Penriths rejects.
    Definitely latu, I think Cartwright is starting to come good and peachy is finding his feet(apart from that disgraceful effort on thursday).

Think peachey needs to be at 13. Move arrow to front row maybe?

Arrow is our lock, full stop. I really don't understand the Peachey to 13 argument. Why would you put him in a position that requires more tackling when that's one of the weakest parts of his game?

Shifting our best player so far this year from his preferred position is not the answer.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Arrow is our lock, full stop. I really don't understand the Peachey to 13 argument. Why would you put him in a position that requires more tackling when that's one of the weakest parts of his game?

Shifting our best player so far this year from his preferred position is not the answer.
    Arrow plays like a prop anyway, just more skilful and mobile. Is Peachey’s tackling that bad? He might actually be more effective in the middle than defending against a Centre and winger out wide.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post

Agree 100%. I don't mind him in the back row though, if we could use him like Canberra use Bateman. I still think he wears the 14 jersey but goes into the edge rotation. Leave Hipgrave as a front rower. Peachey, Boyd, Mo and Hipgrave as the bench. Wallace and King starting.

Kelly across to the left where he plays his best football with Arthars outside and Spry at right centre. Either Don or Gordon on the other wing.

Garth is not going to be the answer

Ash is a thief

Mal is next on my list if he can't turn the most basic aspect of culture - effort - around in the 6 months he has been here.

Rein, AJ and Arrow were great, Mo and Carty fine. if everyone played like those 5 players we could have gone 3-0 in the last 3 weeks.

I feel we have entered a whole new level of crisis. I'm hitting the panic button now. I've given Brennan his time but this is getting ridiculous and I'll club is melting before my eyes. But I also blame some key players.

For all the talk about Ash Taylor I've never seen a heralded play-maker struggle and look so uninvolved.

And what can you do. Yes, the comments here are furious but I think justified. Footy is full of peaks and troughs, but we have been gut sliding for years. Our hardcore fans are dropping away and I struggle to see how we collect any brand new ones. Except maybe through community work.

At work now and have to sit through the "WTF happened?" "I tipped your useless mob" "how much worse can they get?" "You've got the players but not the team" Thankfully the "**** off" sign on my face is clearly illuminated.
    And this is happening to so many of our fans.

For the love of God please don't let Mal send an email out on Monday or I'll unsubscribe. We don't have a team that respect what they have. We don't have a team that can get behind someone when we name Proctor captain. We haven't got a team that is made responsible for their on field actions. We are lost and have nothing to lose, if Peachey keeps his spot then we have no coach.
    He must be kept away from the keyboard. He should have a behind the scenes role and when he wants to act publicly it has effect. Otherwise he is going to and has been pulled down into the quicksand too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    I am genuinely concerned now for the future of our team. If this is how we all feel (and those who post on here are amongst the most passionate), imagine what the occasional fan is thinking. I am like most on here and am quickly becoming disillusioned with this team.
    This is my central concern.

Anyway about the game. I rushed home to work, went to the cinema to watch Detective Pikachu but avoided social media so I could watch it on watchnrl.com on my tv. I'm pumped for the Magic concept and dearly wished I could have attended. I was hoping for some Titans Magic. I was expecting it.

I mean the way the game started with that dropped ball from kick off, probably sent a collective shiver through the fanbase. My second reaction was how weird and wrong it was to watch the dark Titans play the light blue Sharks. I find these types of things irritating. And we didn't even get the ball for the first 4 minutes of the game, but thankfully we held them out. Shame to see Arthur's denied a debut score, but yea, issues in defence, but he is young, let's see how he develops. But then in the second half, once again, the edge was lost to our sword. We played a style of football that ran counter to what was required. High energy against a depleted Sharks. I couldn't believe what I was seening. And Gallen scoring in the last minute was a stab through the heart, humiliating. Can we ever win at Lang Park? Can we ever use the big stage to win over some fans?

In the end Tyrone Peachey did his damn best to snuff the life out of game which some truly boneheaded behaviour.

While I do consider our club in great crisis, I do believe that the head isn't rotten. But the football side and department is in shocking condition.

I'll stick with it and I think better days will come. But changes have to be made and that starts with next week's selections.

I just wanna enjoy a win/wins. *cries*
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Dear Shaun,

Magic Round was a wonderful success for the NRL, filled with some unforgettable moments of rugby league.

Unfortunately for us Titans supporters, it is “the moments” in a rugby league game that are hurting us the most.

I use the word “moment” because none of the areas where the Titans are coming unstuck are down to catastrophic failures, or breakdowns of systems.

They are just fleeting moments that, individually, barely make a ripple in the context of a game. Yet collectively, they are sabotaging our chances of success.

The loss to the Sharks last weekend was the perfect illustration.

The Titans had done well to lead at halftime with pockets of brilliance showing everyone what this team is capable of.

But the warning signs of the second-half fade-out that was to come were flashing well before the two teams headed up the tunnel for the halftime break.

Crucial little moments were the difference between the Titans holding a 18-10 lead at the break and putting their collective foot on Cronulla’s throat for the entire game.

When we needed our players to be displaying clear and considered decision-making, we let the moment slip with a poor option or a panic play.

When we needed discipline and a calm response from our players to handle moments of adversity, we would compound the situation with another error or penalty that would not only make the task at hand more difficult but affect the mindset and confidence of the group.

Again, we are only talking about moments here, decisive moments involving one player, rather than the team collectively.

They were options taken or decisions made with the betterment of the team in mind but delivered the opposite.

And again, the positive intent by the player is turning into negatives because the players are trying too hard, trying to win the moment by themselves – and the cost has been dear.

Instead of making the most of an opportunity by being patient and building pressure, we saw individuals trying to do the best for their team by trying to produce a miracle – a bit of magic!

Something as simple as catching the ball, making the tackle when needed, getting tackled instead of rushing a risky play, and keeping possession to wait for the next tackle all impact on the team when they don’t come off by increasing the amount of work that needs to be done defensively.

The error compounds because the team tires quickly – it impacts on the quality of our game, our defence, our attack, our kicking and our decision making. Fatigue makes us do funny things.

That is what Garth Brennan was talking about after the game when he spoke of the team needing to play smarter football.

Decisions driven by clear, considered and patient thinking will always be of more benefit to the team than a chancy shot at a miracle play when it matters most.

Keeping ball in hand and playing out your sets will always deliver the highest percentage moment.

Once the Titans learn to control those moments through clinical decision-making and skill execution, these “pockets of brilliance” our players are capable of will create the winning habits that we all yearn for.

Mal Meninga

Claptrap, rubbish and codswallop.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Hey, am I the only one that thinks Arthars scored that try where he was rolled over the sideline but managed to get the ball down? At no stage did I see his feet or legs touch the ground when he was rolled over. No difference to the result, just Arthars 1st try in the NRL is all. No one? Ahh! Just me then.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Claptrap, rubbish and codswallop.
    He must when he sits in front of the computer each Monday morning be really scratching his head now to think what BS can I write this week about this mob.
    I’d rather he spent his hours getting in the heads of the players and write to us when he feels compelled to rather than a weekly obligation to have to write up something where he tries to dress up a Sow’s Ear to us long suffering fans.