Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Gordon is too slow, barely makes any linebreaks and belongs on the wing. Put AJ at FB and keep him there ffs.
    Don was just Don. Could probably get involved more but he isn't the reason we lost tonight.
    Peachey is just bad. Still can't tackle and has awful discipline.
    Kelly had a bad game but he's usually pretty solid so I can forgive.
    I love Copley but his defence was terrible tonight. On notice.
    Brimson played out of position. He tried.
    Taylor looks much fitter compared to last year but for some reason still goes missing far too much in games. Barely runs the ball anymore. Scared?
    Wallace had a better game but only because Origin is coming up. Plodder bludging off his long-term contract.
    Rein was one of our best tonight. Rein > Peats.
    Boyd never came back but looked OK for the time he was out there?
    Proctor was a bit better I thought but that's not saying much. Still too slow and far, far behind most back rowers in the comp.
    Cartwright still can't tackle and without his offloads or silly kicks he really doesn't have much else to offer.
    Arrow is a gun.
    Arthars had a good debut but defence suspect. Only young so can forgive.
    Fotouaika is an up and coming talent. Love this kid. Rips in and has a go which is more than I can say for someone like Wallace and Proctor most weeks.
    King was solid for the time he was out there
    Stockwell just looked to be making up the numbers. Provides absolutely no impact off the bench.
    Great summary. Saved me the time.

The major concern , I’ve got mdrew is the crap this team dishes up on a weekly basis , you won’t need to worry about Junior Development or anything , because people will stop turning up to home games , which will ultimately lead to the Titans losing money and the club being forced to relocate or shut down. Don’t say it will never happen !!!!!

What did I miss
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    What did I miss
    Not much mate, just the usual. Came out firing in the first 40, died in the a**e in the second.

I must be watching a different game to some. Cartwright is going well. His defence has improved out of sight from where it was. Earlier this year he stopped Taumalolo dead 1 on 1, and tonight he did the same to Gallen. Yeah, he need to choose better when to do the fancy stuff but he's getting back to his best.
    I won't be attending another game while Proctor is in the team. Zero impact in attack ever since he has put our jersey on.

QLD Cup

The difference tonight was Chad Townsend. Had Peachy not given the penalty, Townsend would have iced it with a field goal. Our forwards were good, our backline defence still poor. Our half clueless when needed.

Garth was pretty pissed at the presser.

Fifita gone after 5 mins, Prior gone not to long after that. We are now talking about a player the caliber of Chad Townsend showing us up. I'll say it again, we aren't a chance if we were playing a decent team. We aren't a chance when we play a depleted bottom 8 team (Cowboys last week). I won't even tip this team to beat the dogs next week and from there on we are the spooners for the rest of the season.

For the love of God please don't let Mal send an email out on Monday or I'll unsubscribe. We don't have a team that respect what they have. We don't have a team that can get behind someone when we name Proctor captain. We haven't got a team that is made responsible for their on field actions. We are lost and have nothing to lose, if Peachey keeps his spot then we have no coach.

At work now and have to sit through the "WTF happened?" "I tipped your useless mob" "how much worse can they get?" "You've got the players but not the team" Thankfully the "**** off" sign on my face is clearly illuminated.

RJ, if you're at a game I'll sit in the bar with you and have a few to avoid watching the game.

Just a reminder this is who else is out for the sharks: Wade Graham, Matt Moylan, Shaun Johnson and Aaron woods. So we can't beat the reserves.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 10-05-19 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Fifita gone after 5 mins, Prior gone not to long after that. We are now talking about a player the caliber of Chad Townsend showing us up. I'll say it again, we aren't a chance if we were playing a decent team. We aren't a chance when we play a depleted bottom 8 team (Cowboys last week). I won't even tip this team to beat the dogs next week and from there on we are the spooners for the rest of the season.

For the love of God please don't let Mal send an email out on Monday or I'll unsubscribe. We don't have a team that respect what they have. We don't have a team that can get behind someone when we name Proctor captain. We haven't got a team that is made responsible for their on field actions. We are lost and have nothing to lose, if Peachey keeps his spot then we have no coach.

At work now and have to sit through the "WTF happened?" "I tipped your useless mob" "how much worse can they get?" "You've got the players but not the team" Thankfully the "**** off" sign on my face is clearly illuminated.

RJ, if you're at a game I'll sit in the bar with you and have a few to avoid watching the game.

Just a reminder this is who else is out for the sharks: Wade Graham, Matt Moylan, Shaun Johnson and Aaron woods. So we can't beat the reserves.
    I feel your frustration JB and can't disagree with any of it. Perhaps except your comment about Peachey, which on last nights performance I would agree with you but I'll cut him a little slack as I thought prior to last night he was on the improve. His discipline last night was hopeless especially near the end when we were still in the game. I guess I am saying that if we drop every player that does some bonehead things we will not have a team.

Every week we get things like the screw up at the kickoff last night. Every week we get kick outs on the full, fullback/wingers dropping high balls etc etc. Of course we'll have games where these things happen but it happens every week. There seems to be no one switched on to play out the full game and week after week we get the same errors and we play other sides back in to the game. It seems no player is accountable for these errors and no one ever gets hooked to wake them up. Brennan just has the standard, Boyd off after 20 minutes etc. Even if Boyd was playing the house down, Brennan doesn't seem flexible enough that he would let him stay on a bit longer and change the interchange rotations around a bit. Ditto that for every other thing this team does, same same but no different.

I just looked at the player ratings in the Bulletin and the dope journo gave Taylor a 7.5/10. Words fail me.
    Sorry for this rambling post but the frustration just carries through to the keyboard and my slow typing.

MT I saw the ratings as well and was completely perplexed. I don't think I saw Taylor at all in the second half.

Inactive User

In the red zone last night we were really shabby. Brennan was saying early in the year after losses, “it’s only round 1, “it’s only round 3” etc while we could all see our season slipping away, it’s taken for us to be 2W and 7L and floundering for him to have any perception of what’s happening so he’s now gone to 2018 Garth lines such as “they’re a young team” and admitting “softness And dumbness” long after the horse has bolted.
    I’m just so disappointed really. This is a S*£t Sandwich. There’s no hope, just frustration and being bagged.

The Titans present the GC in a bad light.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 10-05-19 at 10:35 AM.

He kept making a point of how dumb the kick on the 4th (AJ's) was. Firstly, you stuck him there so that's on you. Second, we hadn't scored a point in that second half and the Sharks were well on top at that point anyway. How about addressing why the team got into that position in the first place rather than blaming a kid who you chose to play out of position in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    He kept making a point of how dumb the kick on the 4th (AJ's) was. Firstly, you stuck him there so that's on you. Second, we hadn't scored a point in that second half and the Sharks were well on top at that point anyway. How about addressing why the team got into that position in the first place rather than blaming a kid who you chose to play out of position in the first place?
    How about Taylors kick to Don after his line break??? Don is the slowest winger in the league and you kick it on the tackle 1!!!!!

Then there was Peachey's kick which just curved and went straight out in the dying minute.

Kellys kick to the in goal which ended up hitting the sideline fence.

AJ is the least of our problems and when your million dollar man isn't taking charge then others take over. Screw Brennan, done with him. What did Mal say, anything other than top 8 will be unacceptable? Well now it's time for the club to rein in their mess and either double down in making the right decision or save their money and watch the club fold slowly.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    How about Taylors kick to Don after his line break??? Don is the slowest winger in the league and you kick it on the tackle 1!!!!!

Then there was Peachey's kick which just curved and went straight out in the dying minute.

Kellys kick to the in goal which ended up hitting the sideline fence.

AJ is the least of our problems and when your million dollar man isn't taking charge then others take over. Screw Brennan, done with him. What did Mal say, anything other than top 8 will be unacceptable? Well now it's time for the club to rein in their mess and either double down in making the right decision or save their money and watch the club fold slowly.
    I thought that Brennan was having a crack at Peachey not AJ with that comment in the pressure. I also didn't mind that option form Taylor either, you don't get many chances in the NRL so you need to take them when they come to you. Unfortunately he didn't get the kick right. It needed to be further right and closer to the in goal, but yes having the slowest winger in the league doesn't help either. Also Don got interfered too which is a real kick in the family jewels after last week.

I was watching that game with utter disbelief when they kept trying to chance their arm with early kicks. It was like they were determined not to complete a set.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I thought that Brennan was having a crack at Peachey not AJ with that comment in the pressure. I also didn't mind that option form Taylor either, you don't get many chances in the NRL so you need to take them when they come to you. Unfortunately he didn't get the kick right. It needed to be further right and closer to the in goal, but yes having the slowest winger in the league doesn't help either. Also Don got interfered too which is a real kick in the family jewels after last week.

I was watching that game with utter disbelief when they kept trying to chance their arm with early kicks. It was like they were determined not to complete a set.
    Brennan talks about sticking to systems yet they kick the ball early and out of turn regularly. It tells me that Brennan is not being listened to because they don’t respect him. So they do their own thing, his message is furthest from their minds.
    Brennan never played at the top level.
    He played Park footy in Newcastle. Those of us who played a bit of Gold Coast Group 18 or Bycroft Cup have played at the same level as him.
    That might work with schoolboys or possibly even lower grades like NSW Cup but in an NRL dressing room it’s always a risk whether the players will buy in or not when the coach hasn’t played at the top level.

Well the jury is in-they don’t respect him. So he’s got to go.