Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Anyone know which 2 players have been culled from the list of 21 so far?

Just googled and found it’s Matthews and Arthurs

Taumalolo is still in the NQ squad

Don v Hampton in the air would surely be a target. And then out to the left, could get some rewards bombing O'Neill

Runours floating around the SuperCoach realm is that Arrow will be out this week with a knee injury. Anyone hear anything more than rumours at this stage?

Inactive User

^^^ on the website there’s photos of him training freely with no strapping on his knees. Find it highly unlikely.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Chinners View Post
    Don v Hampton in the air would surely be a target. And then out to the left, could get some rewards bombing O'Neill
    Welcome mate, i truly hope so

I must've just got really negative last week after we started getting pumped... just wrote a massive thing about line speed and how it would not only reduce the penalties as we wouldn't have to lie on the opposition as much but also put less stress on the defensive line. To justify my point I rewatched bits and pieces of the game, but from what I saw it was actually alot better then what it seemed in my memory. I think that is going to be one of the biggest things for us this week especially if Taumalolo is included in the side. The Tigers just seemed to get plenty of post contact metres and that resulted in the excessive lying to allow for the reset of our line (hence the penalties, gees a few were dodgy though). Can't afford that this week. Also expecting a big one from Taylor. No halves get 3 weeks to get their act together at other clubs and some article referencing Mal talking about Taylor this week has given me hope. Never been able to be too negative about the bloke after some of the wins he has put together over the years but we are a third of the way through the season and realistically we are 2-5 with one of those wins being just about gifted to us by the Knights. Cowboys attack is also strongest going down the defences right edge from what I could tell so he is going to have to muscle up in defence. Personally I haven't been impressed with Peachey at all regardless of what the commentators seem to keep saying. Most of the tigers tries last weekend went down his side and I thought Kelly played alot better on that side of the field against the Knights so a bit confused with the switch. edit: Tyrone had to play in the middle however, no tries went outside Kelly against the Knights. The one where Ponga slipped through seemed to be between the two Tyrones.

Sorry for the massive amount of blabber but would be good to hear some others thoughts on some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Runours floating around the SuperCoach realm is that Arrow will be out this week with a knee injury. Anyone hear anything more than rumours at this stage?
    Yeah I saw that too. You'd think there'd at least be some strapping on it though like Bodsy said it were true.

The rise and fall of the performances is not surprising really but Taylor is either carrying an injury or psychologically damaged. His form is woeful. Kelly on the left, Cartwright on the right, Peachey off the bench and Proctor at Pizzey.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Proctor at Pizzey.
    The Bears are going alright,what makes you think we'd want him

Junior

Love 'em or hate 'em, just don't ignore 'em

Author
    Tony Webeck
    NRL.com reporter
    Timestamp
    Fri 3 May 2019, 09:00 AM

Whether the Titans win or lose on Friday night isn't the problem; it's the fact not enough people care either way that should have players and club officials most concerned.

Every club in the Telstra Premiership wants to be loved and have the various merchandise and membership revenue streams associated with that but you are doing something right if there is a healthy dose of hatred among the constituents of the 15 other NRL fan bases.

Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold is experiencing more pressure than the lungs of a rookie free diver just eight weeks into the gig because for all of their big crowds and large membership there are plenty who hate the Broncos.

A trophy cabinet with six premierships tends to do that to people.

Despite two grand finals in the space of four years, Cowboys coach Paul Green is suddenly under the pump as the rugby league world ponders why the giants of North Queensland have suddenly fallen asleep.

Cowboys v Titans - Round 8

>
    Cowboys v Titans - Round 8
    Everyone who lives outside of Dee Why and Collaroy hates Manly because... well, because they're Manly, and that seems to be working a treat for Des and his patchwork quilt of a football team.

Like Brisbane and most recently Melbourne and the Roosters, eight grand final appearances since 1987 is all the fuel haters need for anti-Sea Eagles sentiment to run rife.

Whipping boys for so long, it became apparent many people hated Souths when they won the 2014 premiership.

Ridiculed, yes, but hated? Apparently so.

Respect – however begrudgingly it may be given – is often the underlier of the teams we despise.

Success breeds its own level of contempt because it makes the team that we support suddenly feel inferior but at least they elicit an emotional response.

The same can't be said of the Titans.

Titans forward Keegan Hipgrave.
    Titans forward Keegan Hipgrave.
    ©Scott Davis/NRL Photos
    Gold Coast residents bask in the sun of the eastern stand dressed in the colours of the visiting team and more often than not head home to Burleigh, Miami or Palmy happy their local side has lost.

The Titans do have a small band of extremely devoted fans but unlike the Burrow, the Kennel or the Bronx Nation, people don’t hate those in the Legion, they feel sorry for them.

Hatred in sport is a sign of respect and this Gold Coast team is yet to earn it.

Senior players know a loss this week could be all but fatal to their finals hopes but after last week's capitulation to the Wests Tigers most people expect them to play the Cowboys into some form rather than bounce back.

At least when they had Greg Bird there was a lightning rod for opposition fans to focus on but until Keegan Hipgrave can string three games together there's no one player considered worthy of booing.

Say what you want about the after-effects of the Jarryd Hayne circus but for the 12 months he spent at the club, the Titans mattered.

State Of Origin: Rivalry Without Rival - Rabbitohs

>
    State Of Origin: Rivalry Without Rival - Rabbitohs
    They mattered to members, supporters, Gold Coasters and opposition fans. What they did on and off the field mattered to media outlets up and down the eastern seaboard in anticipation of the ‘Hayne Plane’ taking flight.

The Titans kick off Magic Round next Thursday but if you went purely off the promotion of Brisbane’s festival of rugby league you’d be forgiven for thinking they’d been given the weekend off.

People rarely talk about the Titans because in their eyes they simply don't matter.

"I'd liked to be talked about for the right reasons,” says coach Garth Brennan.

“We've got to be performing on the field to be talked about in those veins.”

And Brennan’s right. The Titans will only earn respect by winning games and it has to start on Friday night.

It won’t be easy – no game in the NRL ever is – but however they go about it the Titans have to return from Townsville with two competition points.

If they don’t, Gold Coast won’t be talked about negatively, they simply won’t be talked about at all.

Inactive User

^^^^ yeah that’s right. Due to our players and coach we have no respect and yes there are many campaigners that live in our community that go to one game a year where they hate on their own community, the one that gives them a great life. Ingrates.

To me given we are 2W 5L (great job Brennan) the focus purely is respect and relevance
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 03-05-19 at 12:17 PM.

QLD Cup

I saw that trailer last night for the magic weekend during the Matty Johns show. The Titans and I think the Cowboys were the only two teams that didn't have a highlight clip feature with one of their players in it. Anyway, I agree with most of that article. The thing about Hayne is he did bring media attention and the Titans just don't seem to get a mention otherwise.

We need to start winning. Like Mal said at the start of the season, anything short of making the 8 is a fail. If we lose tonight and results go against us we could actually be sitting last after a third of the competition.

I noticed we weren’t in the promo too plus the first game of the magic round ... rubbish but looking forward to tonight just the same.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

The game should be at CBUS
    It’s not a double header or triple header so it’s different

Most people wouldn’t be heading up for the magic round till Friday arvo anyway

I think people who are going up for the entire thing including our match wouldn’t have minded spending Thursday and Friday here anyway before going up to Brisbane for the weekend

It’s stupid

- - - Updated - - -

No late changes we are 1-17

- - - Updated - - -

And Taumalolo is starting

Junior

Hope boyd and arrow mark taumaolo like pangi jnr did for the Broncos .. ..