Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Round 8: COWBOYS vs TITANS (2019)

COWBOYS vs TITANS

FRIDAY 3RD MAY 2019
    Venue: 1300SMILES Stadium
    #NRLCowboysTitans
    Last edited by DIEHARD; 28-04-19 at 01:00 PM.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Hey Titans friends. Sorry I've dropped off the face of the earth. I went to Japan for a couple weeks and then ended up getting some sort of flu that I am still trying to fight off. That said I did manage to enjoy the two wins we got lately. And saw the first half of yesterday's match. I'll be catching up with everyone's comments and the remainder of the match, as well as this press conference from the coach. Thanks to every for starting the new match threads.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Good timing for titans Jason tamoulolo will be back

I just wanted to be the one to say "Mini GF"!

QLD Cup

Are we going to play the Cows into form?

Inactive User

This group needs to get some credibility and respect back. At 2W 5L that’s all they have to play for and if they respect Brennan they will deliver an 80min effort this week.
    If they think Brennan is a nuffy then we will see the usual indifferent slop again which is “our brand” these days when we play Brennan-ball.

For mine our “mini GF” was round 3 v Souffs and we are nowhere near playing another one.
    We need to stop being slop and nothing else.

Why doesn't the Captain have to go to the presser after the game with the coach? What should happen is the press gets to ask the coach to turn up with a nominated player ie Ash Taylor. Make these numptys answer for themselves why they seem disinterested. Put them on the spot. Maybe the club after the open training session could open the floor to fans to ask questions. I'd leave work to go down there if I had the chance to confront them face to face.

What is even more shocking and confusing to me about Ash is that I thought for sure that having Big Mal around the club would fire him up and get him performing. Having an ex QLD coach and current Aus coach around, wouldn't you want to impress him and stake your claim (he's openly talked about his desire to play Origin) but he's not even in the discussions now and rightly so. He is actually looking fitter this year and has lost some weight but still can't make a tackle and even his kicking game isn't leading to points now. He's gone so far backwards and looks like he'd rather be out at Surfers rather than playing footy. No longer can he use the excuse of "being young" or "not having stability in the halves". He's got his best mate alongside him and he's now 24, he should be leading the side and we built the club around him. But instead he's throwing the towel in and not giving a crap (he's not alone but he's on a million bucks so deserves to wear the main of the criticism). All I can say is thank god we have Tyrone.

Titans vs Cowboys
    Friday, May 3rd, Cbus Super Stadium, 6:00pm

Titans: 1. Michael Gordon, 2. Anthony Don, 3. Tyrone Peachey, 4. Brian Kelly, 5. Phillip Sami, 6. Tyrone Robert, 7. Ashley Taylor, 8. Jarrod Wallace, 9. Mitch Rein, 10. Shannon Boyd, 11. Kevin Proctor, 12. Bryce Cartwright, 13. Jai Arrow
    Interchange: 14. AJ Brimson, 15. Moeaki Fotuaika, 16. Keegan Hipgrave, 17. Max King
    Reserves: 18. Jai Whitbread, 19. Jack Stockwell, 20. Will Matthews, 21, Jesse Arthurs

Cowboys: 1. Jordan Kahu, 2. Justin O’Neill, 3. Tom Opacic, 4. Enari Tuala, 5. Ben Hampton, 6. Jake Clifford, 7. Michael Morgan, 8. Matthew Scott, 9. Jake Granville, 10. Jordan McLean, 11. Gavin Cooper, 12. Josh McGuire, 13. John Asiata
    Interchange: 14. Kurt Baptiste, 15. Coen hess, 16. Scott Bolton, 17. Francis Molo
    Reserves: 18. Corey Jensen, 19. Mitchell Dunn, 20. Jason Taumalolo, 21. Gideon Gela-Mosby

I had this image in my mind of Brennan wiping his brow and saying "phew" when we are able to bring back injured players so he doesn't have to make the hard decisions that, at this point, probably need to be made.

At least LoLo is on the extended bench again.

First Grader

Isnt this game in townsville??

Inactive User

Brennan is incapable of making a tough decision
    He is an indifferent players (Taylor Proctor) best friend

How Proctor makes that starting side ahead of any of those blokes in jerseys 15-19 is beyond me.

Hopefully the inclusion of Brimson can make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Isnt this game in townsville??
    That’s hilarious, I just did a copy and paste from the net.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan View Post
    How Proctor makes that starting side ahead of any of those blokes in jerseys 15-19 is beyond me.

Hopefully the inclusion of Brimson can make a difference.
    Agree 100% with you but having said that I don’t think at the moment the make up of the 17 is all that relevant. Our squad has an attitude problem and that’s the only issue that needs addressing.