Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

[QUOTE
    hy would you waste an interchange? You cant sub players for fun at halftime this isnt under 10s.[/QUOTE]

So you are happy with way Boyd is being used. But you right it isn't under 10's. They play more minutes.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 03-05-19 at 07:44 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Peachey is not a lock. He can't tackle, remember?
    If he can play hooker then he can play Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    If he can play hooker then he can play Lock
    He can't play hooker. At this stage he can barely play centre. He's a centre/half/fullback.

Check out the press conference.

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...ss-conference/

I'm thoroughly confused.

Everyone at the club always seems to make excuses and accept mediocrity, we've got two quality centres, a half who should be next in line for Qld, and some rep forwards, we should be a top 8 side or atleast play consistent footy, and execute the basics, why have we never been able to do the simple things like run hard and tackle??

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    [QUOTE
    hy would you waste an interchange? You cant sub players for fun at halftime this isnt under 10s.
    So you are happy with way Boyd is being used. But you right it isn't under 10's. They play more minutes.[/QUOTE]

Personally id rather him off the bench for the last 15mins of first half and play first 20mins of second. A man with hs lateral movement and motor is not someone you want closing out a game for you in my opinion. But he did make that tackle out wide in the dying stages off a cows half break and i think hes been going alright last 2 weeks. Everyone sees things differently though mate no hard feelings

All I know is that Brimson proved his worth at fullback....again. I don't know how many times Brennan has to see this to permanently make the switch. BLOOD HIM THERE FFS.

QLD Cup

If anyone wants to see how a decent coach handles a defeat like that watch Bellamy's press conference from last night.

Brennan's press conference was pathetic. Yes Granville made first contact but Sami doing that was just stupid and it was so unnecessary. There is no point in arguing with the refs about it because nothing can change now. Discipline Sami and demand better. That second point that he was arguing about was even worse. Cooper didn't even go into the line, he stopped well before it and affected no one. That happens all the time in general play and certainly didn't have an impact on the Cows scoring that try. Talk about diverting the blame rather than owning up to the teams mistakes. The ref's will never give us the rub of the green when we keep giving away stupid penalties. We are the most penalised team in the comp so fix it.

Brennan looks like a desperate man. His pride is getting in the way of him making the tough calls that he said he would do. How many times has he said that he won't rush AJ into first grade, even though he is the obvious choice and is clearly up for playing at that level.

I agree that Boyd needs to go on the bench and provide impact. Start Max King and give him a chance. Start some of these outside backs that haven't been given a crack, we already know what Copley, Lee and Sami can do - not much. Peachey and Cartwright are playing out of position and I can't help thinking that Brennan has made promises to them about having those positions, but they aren't performing. Just try something new Brennan - I'd take anything right now. The game plan with the players that are on the field just isn't working.

Agree about Bellamy but he can do that. He has the team and the profile to take the high ground. Brennan is on the brink and the blokes he backed-in aren’t exactly returning the favor. I just watched the game again and in fairness if Brimson had started and Kelly and Cartwright minus Proctor had played in position we would have won that.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Only thing that I liked about the game was that we had set plays that executed well and the attack was showing a glimmer of hope. That is all.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I reckon we field a team like this for the Sharks game:

1. Brimson
    2. Don
    3. Kelly
    4. Peachey
    5. Arthars
    6. Roberts
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Rein
    10. King
    11. Hipgrave
    12. Cartwright
    13. Arrow

14. Fotuaika
    15. Boyd
    16. Whitbread
    17. Stockwell

It amazes me that Proctor is still getting a starting spot every week. You’ve only got to look at the Knights game (where he didn’t play) to see how much better we go without him. On top of that, putting players in positions that they actually favour will surely make a difference. I like Gordon, but no one can deny the impact that AJ brings to the team. He really lights a fire under everyone when he takes the field. If there was ever a time to try something new with the team, nows that time.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    I reckon we field a team like this for the Sharks game:

1. Brimson
    2. Don
    3. Kelly
    4. Peachey
    5. Arthars
    6. Roberts
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Rein
    10. King
    11. Hipgrave
    12. Cartwright
    13. Arrow

14. Fotuaika
    15. Boyd
    16. Whitbread
    17. Stockwell

It amazes me that Proctor is still getting a starting spot every week. You’ve only got to look at the Knights game (where he didn’t play) to see how much better we go without him. On top of that, putting players in positions that they actually favour will surely make a difference. I like Gordon, but no one can deny the impact that AJ brings to the team. He really lights a fire under everyone when he takes the field. If there was ever a time to try something new with the team, nows that time.
    I dont mind that side. I like the 4 forward bench rotation. I used to feel proctors defence made up for his lack of anything in attack but his defensive reads or perhaps hes getting to tired but he needs a break.

QLD Cup

I like that team as well Dobes but I think I'd try Proctor on the left edge before dropping him all together. Him and Ash just aren't gelling so perhaps he would run better of Roberts. Also he could stiffen that troublesome left edge defence.

I like Hipgrave's enthusiasm from the bench as well so he would take Stockwell's place.

Immortal

NRL acknowledges two calls that went against us were wrong, being that Granville contacted Sami first and that the Hampton try should have been awarded a no try. SIGH

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    NRL acknowledges two calls that went against us were wrong, being that Granville contacted Sami first and that the Hampton try should have been awarded a no try. SIGH
    The Referees and Bunker constantly don’t give us the rub of the green

No sports fans put up with what Gold Coasters deal with

Rarely see a Titans try that is not referred to the bunker. They seem to be able to nit pick and find a reason that the try should be disallowed. Bunker official Horse Face, on field official Bludger, and Hopeless Henry.
    Massive penalty differential in most games and it seems that it is not only opposition teams who have very little respect for us.