Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

The Titans lost members tonight. I know a family of 4 that were about to grab tix near us. Not anymore. That's what that **** does.

I’m partially blaming the coach for this one. Taylor and Proctor aside, we looked a lot better formation last week with Cartwright on the right and Kelly on the left but at 14-0 I was questioning my own judgement. Banking on last minute fitness tests to non essential players is bs. Play those who train. Nothing more to say.
    Last edited by Titanic; 28-04-19 at 12:35 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Zero ****s given in the press conference from Brennan. Hope he takes it out on the players.

Was asked about Ash, has mixed feelings about his performance but acknowledges that he is coming back from injuries and lacks the confidence to execute the plays he would want to.

I can only assume he means that Ash hasn't the confidence to kick a ball, pass a ball to anyone other than forward passes to KP and doesn't want to straighten up his runs or assist in any kind of decent game or Try Assists. Anyway, hope the players are confined to the hotel tonight, if they hit the town I hope they make the paper so we can start sacking some of these dead weights.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by TitansFan View Post
    We were a rabble in defence and clueless in attack.

But even if I could cop that, I simply can't cop the sight of these players laughing and giggling with delight as they congratulated the Tigers players within seconds of the game ending. I genuinely feel like I care more sitting on my couch than the players do on the field.
    I was going to post about that but thought it would upset the people I upset further. Yes it’s a pet hate of mine that too.
    Fans are distraught at seeing the beloved club fall over after a good start and they are happy as Larry.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

I can only assume he means that Ash hasn't the confidence to kick a ball, pass a ball to anyone other than forward passes to KP and doesn't want to straighten up his runs or assist in any kind of decent game or Try Assists.
    He forgot to say that he can't tackle either. Some of his tackle attempts tonight were a joke.

So in other words Ash is good for nothing at the moment. He is one of a handful of blokes on a million plus. Compare his efforts to DCE and Hunt at the moment and he is miles away. He is quite clearly bludging now that he has a fat contract and that I think is a measure of the lazy bastard in general.

Inactive User

Brennan sure seemed angry at the press conference
    GOOD!
    Looks like Fox Sports reported the Copley injury incorrectly and that it’s a Quad Strain and not a Cork OR is it possible that once again just like with Ryan James last week that our medical staff couldn’t diagnose it correctly straight away??

Anyway looks like no Tissue Paper Copley for a while. That’s the bottom line.

I expect after what went down tonight that our blokes are to have dinner and straight to bed in their motel rooms. Wouldn’t want to hear of them getting amongst it in Tamworth this evening.

Was at the game and my thoughts are:
    Taylor wasn’t interested one little bit he wasn’t directing anything on field that was left to rein and Roberts

On quiet a few occasions the tigers players yelled they have nothing when attacking their line

Our attack was so predictable even the tigers supporters at the game was laughing about it

Cartwright is soft doesn’t try and run over or through the line he ambles up and just falls down when tackled, it really stood out his effort

Players on a number occasions questioned one another on the field not a good look the team seemed dis-harmonised

Arrow is a beast and the work he does in the middle is phenomenal

Brennan looked furious at the presser, wow. Maybe he's finally had a gutful as well.

First Grader

I think everyone has had a gutful over last few years with a roster that lacks ability and commitment and are mostly signed to long term contracts

First Grader

How can they run so much shape the first 20 minutes then last 20 look like they have never played together.

As soon as tigers started rushing us we seemed to revert back to our sideway sliding attacked. Not sure why they couldnt get deeper and still play straight

Gee we missed AJ last night. The continued penalties were a joke. Both from our players and from the refs. They lacked resilience and fight and that last 20 mins when we had the time to build pressure was embarrassing. But we still have a good run over the next few weeks. Time to dust ourselves off and see how we respond next week.

Inactive User

I don’t understand Brennan getting a contract extension. 2W 5L and that 30 point run last night is unacceptable. We have the worst discipline, our edge defence is laughable, his million dollar marquee halfback is a disinterested passenger that was a better player at 20 than he is now at 24 and our sideways movement without any straightening up is discussed right across the league as amateurish.

When he does get a win 28% of the time he carries on like he’s the Coach of the Year.
    An error has been made.

PS-I wanted Brennan when we were looking, so I put my hand up for being very wrong.

PSS-where the heck is Menoitios??
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 28-04-19 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I don’t understand Brennan getting a contract extension. 2W 5L and that 30 point run last night is unacceptable. We have the worst discipline, our edge defence is laughable, his million dollar marquee halfback is a disinterested passenger that was a better player at 20 than he is now at 24 and our sideways movement without any straightening up is discussed right across the league as amateurish.

When he does get a win 28% of the time he carries on like he’s the Coach of the Year.
    An error has been made.

PS-I wanted Brennan when we were looking, so I put my hand up for being very wrong.
    I was one of the last to call for Henry's head and still wonder what might have been if he wasn't white anted by Hayne, but that's history.

On to Brennan, I agree Bods. Why the extension was given before this season even started is baffling in the least. Brennan's recruitment has been atrocious, the teams attack and defence is getting worse, he doesn't seem to be able get the side up for games, and his team selections have been puzzling. Very few players, if any, have developed under his watch and plenty have gone backwards.

As far as I can see it appears he is not up to this level. For those who question where opinions like mine were when we won two straight, I thought the Penrith win was encouraging but the Knights were absolutely terrible and we couldn't help but win that game.

I hope things turn because I think Brennan is a thoroughly decent bloke but winning is everything.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Was at the game and my thoughts are:
    Taylor wasn’t interested one little bit he wasn’t directing anything on field that was left to rein and Roberts

On quiet a few occasions the tigers players yelled they have nothing when attacking their line

Our attack was so predictable even the tigers supporters at the game was laughing about it

Cartwright is soft doesn’t try and run over or through the line he ambles up and just falls down when tackled, it really stood out his effort

Players on a number occasions questioned one another on the field not a good look the team seemed dis-harmonised

Arrow is a beast and the work he does in the middle is phenomenal
    Cheers for insight Gull.

I noticed the same thing at the Sharks game regarding the players questioning each other. There seems to be no cohesion in the playing group. They all play as individuals and often will just pass the ball to someone else in a worse position just because nothing is on.

Brennan did look annoyed at the presser but he never has the guts to follow up with actions after the team has a shocker. That is probably the thing that annoys me the most about him. Loyalty in players is one thing, but when you're only loyal to your favourites then it has an impact on the other players.

- Ash desperately needs a stint in QCup. I feel like he needed it last year too when his form fell away.
    - Proctor needs to either be dropped or switched to the left. Cartwright can be soft at times but he plays the best on the right and Proctor is just a defensive place holder at the moment.
    - Man we missed Hipgrave and his enthusiasm.
    - Can't wait for AJ to get back either. I'd love him at FB but we NEED him at 6.

I still don't know if getting rid of Brennan is the best way forward at the moment. There doesn't seem to be an obvious successor so I'm not sure that we need the distraction. BUT..

Lets go back to when he first joined the club and he came out and said two important things. Firstly, he is the man to get the best out of Ash Taylor. And secondly, he is not afraid to make the tough decisions. Is he living up to either of these points?

Who wants to take a bet that the only change that is made this week is the reintroduction of W. Matthews? Probably at the expense of Hipgrave knowing Brennan.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post

Lets go back to when he first joined the club and he came out and said two important things. Firstly, he is the man to get the best out of Ash Taylor. And secondly, he is not afraid to make the tough decisions. Is he living up to either of these points?
    No. Far from it.

In his defence, I don't think any coach would be able to get the best out of Taylor at the moment. If he wants to bludge what can you do.
    I'll get criticised for mentioning Manly but, as an example, look what Hasler did today. Elgey was expected to play, yet out of the blue on game day, Hasler drops him and played Lachlan Croker. Croker won the Anzac medal for man of the match and Manly had an unexpected win. That is an example of a coach making a tough call.