Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Brennan is here until his contract expires. Club can't afford to be paying for two coaches when we can't even afford one mid range one.

Aj to the halfs at the expense of the million dollar baby, Peachey to FB. We have enough centres and wings to cover his spot. Bye bye Gordon. KP to Q cup for good.

In reality it will be whoevers not broken replacing those that tried their heart out for no reward.

We need a team that can score because we sure as **** can't defend.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Brennan is here until his contract expires. Club can't afford to be paying for two coaches when we can't even afford one mid range one.

Aj to the halfs at the expense of the million dollar baby, Peachey to FB. We have enough centres and wings to cover his spot. Bye bye Gordon. KP to Q cup for good.

In reality it will be whoevers not broken replacing those that tried their heart out for no reward.

We need a team that can score because we sure as **** can't defend.
    If, for example the Titans finish in the last two or three, do you really think Brennan will be here next year. The owners would lose a lot more money if the fans have to put up with another season of this crap than they would by paying him out.

You may be right JB, and I fully agree with your other points.

Anyway , I've said enough about the coach so I'll leave that topic. I stress that I would be delighted to have to eat my keyboard if Brennan was able to turn this team around and they start to perform like they should.

Is Taylor moving to Brisbane in place of Nikorima? No evidence, just speculating.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Is Taylor moving to Brisbane in place of Nikorima? No evidence, just speculating.
    I wouldn't object if that is what would make him happy, but I think the Broncs are getting pressured to play that young half (Deardon? or something like that) and moving Nikorima on gives them that opportunity. Obviously there has been a lot of talk about how inconsistent Milford and Nikorima have been and plenty of people think they can't win a comp with those two. I wish we had that problem as both of those players are better than what we have.

First Grader

Swap Taylor with Dearden and Tanah Boyd who are both locals I think
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 28-04-19 at 11:07 PM.

In order to swap Taylor with another club we need to find another club that doesn't watch NRL.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    In order to swap Taylor with another club we need to find another club that doesn't watch NRL.
    I reckon the Drongoes would take him but not at $1million a year.

Inactive User

MAL On MONDAY
    Dear Mr Bods,

On a sacred weekend for Australians, when we celebrated the mateship, courage, sacrifice and endurance of the Anzacs, the Wests Tigers gave the Titans the lesson of a lifetime about character and spirit.

At the Titans, our value statement says that our club is defined by the character of the people within it.

It was disappointing then that the Titans’ NRL squad produced a performance against the Wests Tigers that was decidedly short on the character we as a club expect, and our fans demand, every time we take the field.

Our value system is built around being Resilient, Accountable, Proud and Trustworthy – RAPT. There was very little to be rapt about in the loss to the Tigers.

A great weekend of celebration and respect for the game coincided with a very significant milestone for the club, with the game against the Tigers being the Titans’ 300th game since joining the NRL in 2007.

Despite the sense of occasion, we unfortunately produced a sub-par performance where every player produced some sort of error to contribute to a disappointing loss.

The Tigers had their backs to the wall after being humiliated by Parramatta the week before.

They dropped the ball from the kick-off. They lost their five-eighth to injury, and played a backrower in the halves.

They were down 14 points in the blink of an eye, and must have been running on fumes in terms of lost confidence.

That is a lot of losses for the Tigers to have endured in the space of 100 minutes of footy.

But the one area the Tigers didn’t suffer a loss was in the belief that they could get themselves out of it.

The Tigers showed character, composure and clear thinking to pick themselves up, time and again, to keep moving forward.

Every step forward they took, they grew in confidence. As their confidence grew, so did their resilience. The harder they worked, the more they were rewarded.

By comparison, the Titans lost their way and fell into a pattern of panic and poor decisions.

The most disappointing part of the Titans’ performance was that we all know they are capable of so much better.

The scoreboard shows the Titans lost the game, but their performance showed they also lost the battle of the minds.

The Tigers were desperate to atone for the week before. They wanted it more, and it showed.

This weekend, we face another team in a similar predicament, with the Cowboys returning to Townsville desperate to beat us on Friday night to avenge their loss to the Bulldogs last weekend, and ignite a poor start to their season.

The Titans find ourselves in exactly the same boat. After two promising wins, the good momentum we had earned has been lost.

We have lost ground.

The challenge now is how the Titans respond. We were given a free and very visible lesson in our values of resilience, accountability, pride and trustworthiness by the Tigers.

Against the Cowboys this weekend, we will see what we have learned, and what the character of this team really is.

Whether we win or lose, what is important this week is producing the attitude and effort worthy of being a Titan.

Mal Meninga

I like it. What a whacking to our blokes.

Want to change the way you receive these emails? Update your mail preferences here

A really good and honest summary from Mal.
    I wonder if our coach can put it in the same clear terms to the players as Mal has. I have my doubts.