Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

I have given Boyd a flogging on here but today I thought he was really strong, and hopefully we'll get more than 38 minutes out of him in the next games.
    I thought Mo had a strong first half when we went well but his second half was poor and even though we dodged a few bullets with the Knights blowing those two early tries at the start of the second half, I'll take 38-14 anytime.
    As for Taylor I'd really like to see Brimson come back in the halves and put Ash in QCup to wake him up. It was interesting to watch the Manly v Dragons game and the talk about the shoot out for the Qld half spot between Hunt and DCE. Taylor is so far behind those two it isn't funny. We also have a chance to find an inspirational captain now that James might be missing for a while.
    In front of the Broncs, all is good.
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 21-04-19 at 06:27 PM.

QLD Cup

Something is definitely up with Ash but I don't think it's completely down to injuries. His confidence is gone and it only seems to be getting worse with Brennan talking about Tyrone being the dominant half. I'm not sure that he needs to be dropped to QCup just yet but any more of those types of games then I'd be considering it. Thankfully Roberts did a very effective job in attack completing our sets but Taylors defensive inefficiencies were really noticeable today. I've been calling for Cartwright to switch sides all season but I do worry about it knocking his confidence if he switches sides and teams target those two. One thing that is certain with Garth is he will never hang Ash out to dry (he was happy to drop Elgey last season but never acknowledged Ashs bad defence). I'm really starting to warm up to Cartwright, I just don't want him to slip backwards.

Boyd was good. MoFo had his moments. Rein also played well but burnt out with 15min to go. The outside backs still remains a funny one. After last week I had warmed up to Copley on the wing but Sami played well today. I actually think Copley is a better winger than centre because his defence isn't so important. So I dunno. I really want to see Arthars get a run though.

It looks like Tyrone is a shoe in for the captaincy next week and who can argue with that after today. I'd like to see Arrow given co-captaincy though. It wont happen after hearing Brennans post match though his name wasn't even mentioned, but he just seems like a natural leader to me. I'm calling it now, I think he will captain Australia one day.

One last thing I want to say. I am pretty rough on the guy and I know he is club favourite, but what was Don doing on that try they scored down his side? He did the exact same thing last week when Clearly passed around his back. Both occasions he has run through the line and come up with nothing. I'm assuming he was going for an intercept but it's not good enough. It was still a two on one so he was at long odds to stop the try anyway but at least tackle one of the players, don't just grasp at thin air.

QLD Cup

But the big question to be answered. Why won't Don pull up his pants? Don isn't good!

MT, just on Boyd, his lungs were burning early on so thankfully we were scoring tries where he was able to get some breath back. My seats are northern end goal posts and when he was coming back for kick offs he was wasted after 20 mins. Hands on hips sucking in the deep breaths. I was hoping we'd go to the bench for the poor guy. Thankfully kick offs were going to MoFo. Just needs to get his match fitness back I guess.

NZFan, as you said, the post match interview with Brennan would indicate Tyrone will get the captaincy as he did after James left the field. Arrow won't get captaincy as he isn't on the field for 80 mins no matter how much I'd like to see him do that. The thing that got me about Don and Sami was that neither of them backed themselves after making slight breaks (sami 2nd half) and getting a lead. It does my head in.

Good win and hopefully the Tigers are still reeling from the flogging from the Eels this weekend.

One thing I noticed in the game was rein service from dummy half, seems to be a lot quicker than peats and if anyone watches the replays have a look at where he puts the ball when he goes to Roberts or Ash when wide of the ruck he puts it out the front of them so they are moving when they catch it gets them going on the front foot straight away

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    MT, just on Boyd, his lungs were burning early on so thankfully we were scoring tries where he was able to get some breath back. My seats are northern end goal posts and when he was coming back for kick offs he was wasted after 20 mins. Hands on hips sucking in the deep breaths. I was hoping we'd go to the bench for the poor guy. Thankfully kick offs were going to MoFo. Just needs to get his match fitness back I guess.

NZFan, as you said, the post match interview with Brennan would indicate Tyrone will get the captaincy as he did after James left the field. Arrow won't get captaincy as he isn't on the field for 80 mins no matter how much I'd like to see him do that. The thing that got me about Don and Sami was that neither of them backed themselves after making slight breaks (sami 2nd half) and getting a lead. It does my head in.

Good win and hopefully the Tigers are still reeling from the flogging from the Eels this weekend.
    James doesn't play 80min though? I'd like to see Arrow co-captains with Tyrone so he can grow into the role.

Man that bugs me so much about all of our wingers that we have seen in recent times. They should be our ex factor but they always look to play the percentages. I'd love to see them back themselves more, especially when the line is open. If there is a 50/50 chance of scoring I'd be telling them to go for it every time. Forget cutting in, just pin the ears back like Meady would.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    James doesn't play 80min though? I'd like to see Arrow co-captains with Tyrone so he can grow into the role.

Man that bugs me so much about all of our wingers that we have seen in recent times. They should be our ex factor but they always look to play the percentages. I'd love to see them back themselves more, especially when the line is open. If there is a 50/50 chance of scoring I'd be telling them to go for it every time. Forget cutting in, just pin the ears back like Meady would.
    Troy Leo would
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]