Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

He might not have the organisational skills but he wouldn’t have to defend in the line and he could roam around and inject at will so what about the Peach to fullback?

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/28/...nent-fullback/

Inactive User

You guys including Brennan who want Mick at FB through the pre-season and now plus any other suggestions like RVS with Peachey just bewilder me
    With AJ we have potentially a star of the game with him at FB.

Flabbergasted

I’m thinking Brimson’s D is way better so get him @ 5/8th and we need to get the Peach into the middle roaming around behind the forwards without having the burden of defending in the line.

Not sure he could make a go of fullback….just trying to utilise the best talents we have.

The reticence around AJ at fb in Round 1 was his recovery from surgery not his ability.

Boyd is another matter ... hamstring issues in big blokes are never good.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The reticence around AJ at fb in Round 1 was his recovery from surgery not his ability.

Boyd is another matter ... hamstring issues in big blokes are never good.
    That again reflects badly on the regime that replaced the Catterick trio for not having him ready

IMO Gordon played better at Fullback in the trial against the Broncos. AJ was ready, he played in the halfs from Round 1.

What's wrong with Boyd?

Don't get me wrong, after Gordons performance last week AJ looks the better option. Not sure why we are persisting with AJ off the bench anymore. Peachey is the utility for NSW FFS.

Inactive User

Boyd out with hamstring issue
    I bet this is the same chronic issue that nearly saw him retire
    Well done Annesley and Brennan on signing a lemon to a long term contract
    The great gift from Sydney Annesley’s Final gift to the GC

Why do we bother

I wasn't planning on going to this game at the start of the season, but the team is losing and they really need some support so I will be there.

Gordon brings a lot of experience to the back line, and I am thinking this is why he keeps this spot. I agree that AJ needs more time on the field, but at the moment an experienced and cool, calm and collected head at the back is a huge advantage over youthful exuberance.

If we win by 30+ we are ahead of the Broncos after round 5 , but right now I'd take being within 10 points and putting double figures on the board.

All I've ever asked is we be entertaining and competitive. I can take a loss if we play our best. Any more rubbish play with BS excuses and I can't see myself going back in a hurry.

And now it's raining....

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Whiz View Post
    I wasn't planning on going to this game at the start of the season, but the team is losing and they really need some support so I will be there.

Gordon brings a lot of experience to the back line, and I am thinking this is why he keeps this spot. I agree that AJ needs more time on the field, but at the moment an experienced and cool, calm and collected head at the back is a huge advantage over youthful exuberance.

If we win by 30+ we are ahead of the Broncos after round 5 , but right now I'd take being within 10 points and putting double figures on the board.

All I've ever asked is we be entertaining and competitive. I can take a loss if we play our best. Any more rubbish play with BS excuses and I can't see myself going back in a hurry.
    Yep...I’m going because I spent a ridiculous amount of money on Memberships and am compelled to go.
    Thanks Garth. Great job.

I'll shout you a beer Bods. Sounds like you need a couple.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'll shout you a beer Bods. Sounds like you need a couple.
    I’d love to do that JB but am going with Mrs Bods so won’t be heading to the Bar tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Boyd out with hamstring issue
    I bet this is the same chronic issue that nearly saw him retire
    Well done Annesley and Brennan on signing a lemon to a long term contract
    The great gift from Sydney Annesley’s Final gift to the GC

Why do we bother
    100% agree.

i always thought AJ would end up at FB and Brennan was just being careful due to his shoulder.

i don't think it is the medical teams fault - these things can just take time.

I thought last year dont move him from 5/8 - his defence was good and he was solid, but man his defence was even better back at FB once he moved and he went from solid to superstar.

Peachey played fine last year at centre for Penrith, it's our gameplan more than anything else that is not letting him shine.

I'm gonna play seat number battleships with you Bods - do you sit in row 5, seat 28?

Row 12 Seat 23-25 ... frigging clouds look ominous ... Stockwell warming up
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.