Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Immortal

Mate you have seen nothing yet. I have been watching Jai [Whitbread play since he was 13 and there is a lot more to come, a great effort and in coming years he will form an outstanding combination with Jai Arrow.

Like Jai Arrow he is also an outstanding young man as is Keegan. I have had the pleasure of talking to all of them and they are outstanding young men who are a credit to themselves and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Whitbread is like a BUPA version of Arrow
    Similar but not as good
    Plays a role

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Copley for one. Don't understand the hate for him around here to be honest. Yes he has some shockers but for the most part he's pretty solid.

There’s an argument for having Copley/Kelly as our centres and Peachey bench utility

There’s an argument for having Copley/Kelly as our centres and Peachey bench utility
    Yeah, I'm all for that.

- - - Updated - - -

I really liked what I saw of Whitbread too, hopefully he keeps that up unlike Boyle who burst onto the scene and only had a handful of good games after that.

Hipgrave was good too. And I love Kelly, although he can be a bit suspect in D.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 12-04-19 at 10:31 PM.

You get them slapping faces before the game ... we were going surrender meekly until we got penalized for tackling and had the modern version of a stink. From then on the crowd got involved, Wallace grew a pair and the Black Pussies shat their panties. The sight of Bbq Alone kicking on the first was enough for a full chocolate.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Immortal

Unbelievable to see the influence of AJ Brimson when he came on, I know I am bias but yet another another local junior making his mark.

Immortal

Max Kings impact from the bench was also absolutely underrated. We really do have some outstanding forwards coming through hat the NRL level.

Also in the back line a few young men at on the fringes.

Please I know I am bias but the future is incredibly promising for the Titans.

Immortal

Player of the match for me was Brian Kelly, and guess what another Titans local junior. Let me think about the ramifications about that.

Inactive User

U know I’m with you 1010% on the local junior stuff mdrew
    There are two rules
    1-Breathe
    2-support your local juniors

Special shout out while I’m at it to game 250 man Mick Gordon.
    Such was his desire to be here and wear our jumper that he left the Roosters and a high probability of winning premierships with them (they wanted him to stay) to toil away for us so he can live out the rest of his days saying he was a GC Titan.

That’s pretty special.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 12-04-19 at 11:21 PM.

Immortal

Stuff the breathing mate it is absolutely overrated.

U know I’m with you 1010% on the local junior stuff mdrew
    There are two rules
    1-Breathe
    2-support your local juniors

Inactive User

Mdrew Let me rephrase
    1-drink scotch after a win
    2-support the local juniors

Immortal

[Change that to Bundy rum mate and I am with him. Great atmosphere today, will done to all Titans fans.

QUOTE=Mr Bods;391418]Mdrew Let me rephrase
    1-drink scotch after a win
    2-support the local juniors[/QUOTE]

Inactive User

^^^ Ha Ha
    The great man mdrew

First Grader

would you believe it. I am overseas for a month and the Titans finally have a dig. I might have to stay away for the whole year!!! Well done but we need to back it up next week

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    would you believe it. I am overseas for a month and the Titans finally have a dig. I might have to stay away for the whole year!!! Well done but we need to back it up next week
    I’m the reverse, we should swap jobs I have to comment that the lift in the crowd’s mood was palpable. Just prior to the game, under that incredibly thunderous sky, my son asked “what’s wrong with everyone?” Every conversation around us was about selection, Brennan and underachieving. By halftime it was about poor reffing and an expected fade with a large amount of finger crossing. Midway through the second stanza there was a real danger of our mob taking on the Penriff supporters. At full time the arrogance and swagger were back. Grab your mates and get to the Newar$ehole game.

As it’s GoT weekend, I have to point out that after last year’s tragic last minute loss to the Panfers we all should acknowledge that “the North remembers”.
    Last edited by Titanic; 13-04-19 at 06:48 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    We should only play in that jersey at home. leave the cowboys imitation in the cupboard from now on.
    With you 110% on that. I'd like to see the club listen and take it on board too. Last night that was the Titans playing some of the best football we've seen in recent memory, in the best jersey that we have seen since the original. I'd be okay with them wearing the dark blue jersey as an away kit, but keep the white shorts and light blue socks. Blue, gold and white are our colours.

I'm sure we can recognise that it wasn't a perfect performance. There still is a few recurring issues that are plaguing us such as the communication out wide in defence and the halves not engaging in the line properly. However, I'm okay with giving the players some leeway this week because that was exciting to watch. If we had played ugly and scraped a win I'd be relieved, but I don't think I'd feel the same. That was entertaining to watch last night which is what we have all been waning for.

I agree with everything that you are saying mdrew. All the local products stood up last night. If that is what we can expect week in, week out, then the future is bright indeed.

Copley is growing on me on that left wing. Thats two weeks in a row that he has produced something out of nothing. I also like his confidence to chip instead of taking the safe option. Peacheys defence was a lot better this week too, especially up against Waqa Blake. I wouldn't mind keeping that same centre/wing pairings for one more week if we can expect that again.

I thought Gordon had one of his best games in a long time last night too. Its going to be tough to drop him but AJ is just such a talent. That disallowed try makes me so angry! The way he got around DWZ on the outside was just superb to watch, it would have made all the highlight strips.