Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Gordon was off
    Didn't notice that. Thanks

Gordon was off
    And as much as I have backed him in, once he went off and AJ came on the team came to life on our right edge for a while.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    From the outside looking in there has to be something going on ? To not get a win in the first 4 rounds is pretty disheartening for everyone involved with the club. Positional and coaching changes aside I wonder with the return of Roberts if the roumoured factions of 2017 have came about again as Roberts and Stockwell have links to Brennan ??? I don’t know but I wonder ??
    The last bit of this clip is the exact reason why I was against Roberts coming back to the Titans. Taylor talks about Roberts taking the responsibility and pressure off him, which can free him up to play his game. That is absolute crap if from Ash. Who cares that Tyrone is older. Ash is on a million dollars a season. If he wants to be out there and only do all the flashy plays that scores points then pay him half what he is on and put the number 6 on his back. Taylor should be commanding the ball. He should be over-riding Roberts and making sure he is part of everything. We are paying him huge money and last year he didn't earn it. Now Roberts is back and he is content to play second fiddle. Ash has a long way to go before he becomes half the player that his potential showed earlier on.

If I was Brennan I'd be making Ash watch all of Scott Princes footage and telling him that he needs to base his game around that. I'd also be looking at putting Peachey at 6 so Taylor can't rely on his mate anymore. We might also get a highlight or two when Peachey has early ball.

I was also pretty disappointed in Roberts during this clip when they showed the footage of Copley ducking back under. Yes he should have stayed wide like good wingers do but Roberts was juggling the ball so Copley moved in to stop it going to ground. If Roberts actually looked at Copley before throwing the ball to no one and and gave the inside ball then Copley walks over untouched. I think the blow up from Roberts was unwarranted and pretty damn ordinary from a guy who was playing some fairly average football.

Inactive User

^^^ would love to see Peachey tried out at 5/8 with Taylor in no doubt that he has to run the show

Don't forget Brennan is on nrl360 which has started already

Inactive User

Don't forget Brennan is on nrl360 which has started already
    We need to work harder
    There’s no doubt about that
    We need a bit of luck
    There’s a lot of pride in our squad

There you go-no need to watch now

Garth said on NRL 360 that one of our problems is the boys are trying to hard, what games has he been watching? If they tried hard and put some effort in they're runs and defence we'd have won a game by now

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Garth said on NRL 360 that one of our problems is the boys are trying to hard, what games has he been watching? If they tried hard and put some effort in they're runs and defence we'd have won a game by now
    I was flabbergasted by that too. Here we are frustrated by their indifference and lack of onfield leadership and he comes up with that excuse of trying too hard.

Well that was quite an interesting watch. For those not watching, the main points were:

-Apparently the boys are trying too hard? (I agree GCTTSD, if that is them playing at full effort than i would hate to see what we would play like if we weren't trying) and putting too much pressure on themselves

-Taylor is 7kg lighter and apparently taking more of a leadership role. Garth believes this year will be the turning year for Ash (we shall see, been hearing that for a couple of years now...)

-Was hard for him to adjust as a rookie coach as when he first came in there was no recruitment manager, no head of football etc so he was all over the shop. Believes this year he has grown in a coach (boys aren't showing that at the moment clearly haha we look lost and like we haven't trained together)

-Believes that the Gold Coast is a must for the NRL to stick with and not relocate. Said the junior catchment was significantly better than Newcastle or Penrith. Wants the Titans to become a development club and give opportunities to the young guys. Big inroads made in the last 12-18 months. (I agree, looks as if we are making fantastic progress and finally giving juniors pathways, but will likely take a few years to see results)

He spoke quite well but the words "trying hard" was once again tossed up a million times like in his press conferences, and that is simply not good enough. We need to see results on the field and this week vs Penrith is a big week imo.

Inactive User

Here’s Mal’s effort this week

Dear Mr Bods

This morning I spoke at The Southport School Foundation Business Breakfast. The topic of the talk was “Loyalty, Leadership and Lasting Legacies”.

A big part of the story was about belief. Self-belief, belief in the people around you, and belief in what you are capable of achieving.

I was asked a direct question from a member of the audience about maintaining belief under pressure.

He asked how I felt in my first series as Queensland coach when, in the third and deciding game of the series, the Maroons were down 14-4 with eight minutes to play and staring at our fourth series loss in a row.

Did I still believe?

The answer was yes.

As I explained, a big part of my belief was because of what happened when NSW scored to push out to that 10-point lead.

I asked the team’s trainers Trevor Gillmeister and Allan Langer to tell me what was being said between the players as they waited behind the tryline for NSW to take their kick at goal.

The message came back that the team captain, Darren Lockyer, was telling his teammates that all they had to do was keep believing in what they were doing and their time would come.

They believed, so it was easy for me as coach to believe as well.

When the time arrived, fittingly it was Lockyer that scored the try that won Queensland the game, and changed the course of Origin history.

With belief in themselves and what they could do, Queensland won the series, and the next seven in a row after that.

I know for you as Titans Members, it can be sometimes be hard to keep the faith when the club is yet to win a game this season, and external voices are being critical of the club everywhere you turn.

Obviously no one at the Titans thought that we would be 0-4 to start the season and, like you, everyone here is hurting about it.

Last weekend against the Warriors was a poor performance. Yes, there were a lot of mitigating factors involved – halves that hadn’t played all season, a five-day turnaround with an overseas trip thrown in, the Warriors on the rebound.

But these are all quickly dismissed as excuses when the scoreboard is not in your favour.

What I saw in Auckland was a Titans team playing under pressure. They know how much a victory would have meant to the club, to you our Members, and the other Titans fans as well.

The pressure got to them – good, experienced players producing silly mistakes because they were trying too hard.

They put themselves under pressure to get a win for the fans. It’s hard to be too critical of a team that has its heart in the right place.

They tried, and it didn’t work. And I saw first-hand how devastated they were after the game.

My message to them this week has been to relax. They need to rediscover their enjoyment of the game. They need to just keep believing in what they are doing, and their time will come.

Hard work is still needed. The reason Darren Lockyer got that intercept in 2006 was because he worked his backside off to make sure he was the first defender there chasing a kick.

But he was also there because he kept believing he could win the game.

Once we have 17 Titans on the field believing they can do it, our time will come.

I say “our” because we all own this – you, me, the players.

The only way we will fix it is together.

After a tough run away, we have four of our next six games at home – including Magic Round at Suncorp Stadium.

You can do your part by getting to the game, wearing your jerseys and supporting your team.

Show the players that you still care about them. And show everyone else that as a Titans Member, you still believe.

Thanks for your support,

Mal Meninga

Want to change the way you receive these emails? Update your mail preferences here

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    You beat me to it. The comment about trying too hard were the words from his interview that floored me as well. Trying too hard FFS - I immediately thought of the soft hit ups from our forwards, particularly Boyd and the captain.
    The other comment I found interesting is that Garth said the boys were keen and enthusiastic, especially at training. Why then aren't they able to take that enthusiasm on to the field. They don't, not even the first few minutes.

Inactive User

The Jury is in already
    Brennan insulted our collective intelligence tonight

I totally agree ... it’s got me beat why they can’t their training attitude into the game.
    Last edited by Titanic; 08-04-19 at 09:04 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

I'm on the Brennan lynch wagon, but i actually think one thing he has done has been drop players if they deserve it, last year as well - the only person i really think he has not dropped has been Wallace.

Lat year he dropped Koni and Carty - two of his favourites, Latu, Elgey and Copley and the 3/4 line were in and out as form dictated. Dropped more name players than other teams who weren't performing in my eyes

This year in three games he had already promoted Carty deservingly, moved Boyd to the bench, chopped the wings around looking for the best combo.

Im not saying all his changes were perfect, but i do think he has made some calls on 'name' players, and its feasible he has the stones to drop wallace if he keeps up his bull****.

Inactive User

Am surprised there’s no Panthers thread yet