Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast

Yes MT, I was taking the pi$$. We only have dinosaurs or rookies to chose from. Demetriou or someone from Pommieland but the Aussies aren’t setting the world on fire there.

As far as focusing on footy is concerned, I think it starts with the coach’s selection policies and then James. He’s far too comfortable. He’s got position, money, stability and 1/2 an eye on life after. Great bloke but hardly leading by example.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I certainly can't understand the support for Toovey on here. A competitor for sure but he was given a premiership winning side at Manly and they gradually got worse.
    My understanding of it was he was white anted from the inside, but I'm sure others would know more about it than me

Why he was given a one year extension before this season started is beyond me - it's not if he was going to be poached by another club.
    This is exactly what I thought. Even if we were 4-0 this season, I don't think any other clubs would have been circling and making big offers.

It doesn't send a message of being on notice for average performance to the players.

- - - Updated - - -

PS. Toovey is available. That is a big plus.

PPS. I'm going to give this all another "last chance". It's all or nothing this week, playing at home, in front of a crowd of hundreds. If he/the team don't make the required changes and come out with nothing but fire and brimstone to convince us of a glimmer of hope, I won't really have a choice but to call for big changes.
    Last edited by C-Whiz; 07-04-19 at 09:38 AM.

First Grader

Brad Arthur is available next year and apart from last year, he has guided Parramatta to good results over the last 5 years. He has got rid of the riff raff from last year in Norman and this year he has got them back to playing really good football and the players are showing heart and are having a real dig unlike our team of imposters. He is a proven 1st grade coach and would not cost a fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Brad Arthur is available next year and apart from last year, he has guided Parramatta to good results over the last 5 years. He has got rid of the riff raff from last year in Norman and this year he has got them back to playing really good football and the players are showing heart and are having a real dig unlike our team of imposters. He is a proven 1st grade coach and would not cost a fortune
    Yeah that wouldn’t be a bad idea to be fair. We could definitely go with a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    Yeah that wouldn’t be a bad idea to be fair. We could definitely go with a lot worse.
    I doubt he would be interested in coming to us for the sort of $$$'s we can offer. You don't quit a good thing when you are on a roll.

https://omny.fm/shows/triple-m-rocks...on-the-broncos

Not coaching related however, how about we make our players responsible and answerable too. If I was Rebecca and Darryl I'd be down at tomorrows session asking why the hell these guys should be wearing a jersey next week or why they should keep a business running in the red for people that seemingly don't care.

Gorden Tallis has a bit to say about the Broncos in the link above. Now our club may not have the history to talk about like the Broncos. However, the people in the jerseys have an opportunity to make the jersey their own and be the person that inspires the future Titans players to know what it is to wear that jersey and the job of living up to it. If they don't want that opportunity, then their legacy is that they ended their career, in their prime, not playing first grade.

PS Jimmy the Judas escaped punishment for being off his chops whilst injured because....well because it's the Broncos.

I will throw a name in the ring that I thought may have been mentioned how about Aiden O’Brien was in the storm system for many years and now assistant at the roosters has some huge wraps on his football brain and nous

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    https://omny.fm/shows/triple-m-rocks...on-the-broncos

Not coaching related however, how about we make our players responsible and answerable too. If I was Rebecca and Darryl I'd be down at tomorrows session asking why the hell these guys should be wearing a jersey next week or why they should keep a business running in the red for people that seemingly don't care.

Gorden Tallis has a bit to say about the Broncos in the link above. Now our club may not have the history to talk about like the Broncos. However, the people in the jerseys have an opportunity to make the jersey their own and be the person that inspires the future Titans players to know what it is to wear that jersey and the job of living up to it. If they don't want that opportunity, then their legacy is that they ended their career, in their prime, not playing first grade.

PS Jimmy the Judas escaped punishment for being off his chops whilst injured because....well because it's the Broncos.
    The Drongoes off field and it’s supporters and members attitudes to basic community standards is an indictment.
    We can always hold our heads high in that regard.

Garth Brennan on NRl 360 tomorrow with Kent and Sampson. That'll be a good watch, I wonder if he'll be handing out resumes while he's down there.

Inactive User

Have a look at the way the Suns Kids are having a crack V what our roster is putting out there
    Dew has his kids playing with pride and passion
    Brennan has his roster barely going through the motions

It’s imperative he is sacked

It's been hard to watch over the past few years. When they sacked Cartwright with a 45% win rate and hired the only person at the time with a worse win rate of 38%, i shook my head. When they finally sacked Henry, i started to get hope. Then when they took one step worse and started interviewing rookie coaches my disappointment started to set in again. When they finally settled and appointed Brennan I was optimistic, however 18 months on I am back to shaking my head. I have no answers. We don't have the money for proven quality first grade coach, for at least another 5 years unless some drastic membership and sponsorship increases fall into our laps. Where to?

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Have a look at the way the Suns Kids are having a crack V what our roster is putting out there
    Dew has his kids playing with pride and passion
    Brennan has his roster barely going through the motions

It’s imperative he is sacked
    Last year I thought the suns were going nowhere, they lost Lynch and May and I thought here we go. But to his credit, he has built his team the systems are sinking in and they are looking good!
    Shame that hasn’t happened with the Titans...

Inactive User

^^^ we better not comment anymore on them otherwise Titan Pete will put a contract out on us JA

Brad Arthur is available next year and apart from last year, he has guided Parramatta to good results over the last 5 years. He is a proven 1st grade coach and would not cost a fortune
    Brad Arthur a proven first grade coach - sorry mate I can't let that pass without comment.

Arthurs record at Parra:
    2014 - 10th
    2015 - 12th
    2016 - 14th
    2017 - 4th - out of the finals in straight sets
    2018 - wooden spoon

I agree that has the team playing good footy this year but not for me. In addition to his record being not good, he has been in charge when Parra players probably have the worst off field behaviour record in the League. Just what we don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ we better not comment anymore on them otherwise Titan Pete will put a contract out on us JA
    Comment on them? i'm about to go buy a red and yellow singlet.